PDA

View Full Version : NYC!!!!

drift9
04-02-2008, 05:25 AM
Who would have thought? Me as a life-long fan? Had you said they'd win the big show to me in week three? I'd Have laughed at you. But now NYC made history. This will be a game that will be talked about for decades to come. Truly a classic. Eli haters have a seat.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/b8/fullj.285802db94f5b79141e0c204a5f2edd5/285802db94f5b79141e0c204a5f2edd5-getty-77331464ps104_super_bowl_xl.jpg

TheRev
04-02-2008, 07:06 AM
Seriously!!!!

I've been a lifelong fan and I still thought they might lose but hot damn that pass to Tyree as Manning broke out of what I was SURE was a sack - that's the stuff of legend! I could watch that play over and over again!!!!!!

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C.O.Prodigy
04-02-2008, 09:39 AM
:smile: :tongue:

dan the acid man
04-02-2008, 02:05 PM
was a great game, i thought the Patriots had timed it to perfection, but for the Giants to come back like they did they deserved it

The Overfiend
04-02-2008, 02:41 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/208tavb.jpg

i just about cried when this happened!

snooch
04-02-2008, 04:36 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/208tavb.jpg

I went and made a sandwich thanking myself I'm glad I didn't take that "sure bet" against the choad at work.

drift9
04-02-2008, 07:04 PM
that's going to be a play that we're going to see replayed for many years to come. the amazing escape, the great pass, and the absurd catch. legendary.

tocsin
04-02-2008, 08:33 PM
I really couldn't have cared less about this game. I caught the best parts of it at the very end. I was just very happy to see, in my opinion, the most obnoxious and arrogant team and fanbase that I've ever seen in pro-sports lose to a team that so many were claiming would be an easy kill. Yay hubris!

SlavikSvensk
04-02-2008, 08:59 PM
fair play to the giants...was a great drive at the end.

but a big disappointment for us...wouldn't be so harsh if we'd lost a couple games earlier...just history was so close i could practically taste it :)

a few things popped out at me:

GIANTS
*giants d is sick, now proven against the 3 teams with the best records in football, all in a row
*eli has come into his own. he will have a really good year next year i think
*tom coughlin has been vindicated
*jeremy shockey should be cut
*tiki barber is an idiot
*all that said, i didn't find the giants offense impressive until the last drive

PATS
*going for it on 4th and 13 when you are in field goal range and are winning 7-3 in the third quarter was one of the worst coaching decisions i've ever seen
*for the past 6 weeks teams have been getting closer and closer to beating the pats. part of that is because it's hard to sustain excellence. another is that if you don't lose, you are never forced to really self-reflect to see what you're not doing as well as you should. think this proves the law of averages/regression to the mean
*brady's foot hurt worse than he let on before the game...only way to account for uncharacteristically errant throws
*the defense played much better than i expected, but couldn't hold it together on that last drive
*the offense played much worse that i expected, except wes welker
*the old cliche holds: offense wins games, defense wins championships
*either asante samuel or randy moss is gone after this year. no way we pay them both big contracts

278d7e64a374de26f==