.. of finally having a daul monitor set-up :yup: :roflmao: :smile:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e59/rhythmtech/cubase_dual_setup.jpg

eyeswithoutaface
06-02-2008, 11:34 AM
well done son

stjohn
06-02-2008, 11:35 AM
looks tasty with cubase!!!

looking forward to being able to have the sequencer and mixer open at the same time in live

Ak01
07-02-2008, 01:59 AM
the only thing better than two monitors?

Three.

xfive
07-02-2008, 02:04 AM
looks tasty with cubase!!!

looking forward to being able to have the sequencer and mixer open at the same time in live

You can't do that in live, even with dual monitors... one day they'll figure that one out ;)

It's cool to have vsts on one screen and whatever view on the other though.

stjohn
07-02-2008, 10:44 AM
You can't do that in live, even with dual monitors... one day they'll figure that one out ;)

yes i know that!! that is whay Im looking FORWARD to it :roflmao:

but a dual setup is sweet, it comes in handy for graphics stuff... pity i dont have flats tho!! coz the CRTs are monstrous

eyeswithoutaface
07-02-2008, 03:42 PM
to be honest i've found having a dual setup to be exactly the same as having a single monitor setup, at first it was "wow, an extra screen"... a few months later it was "argghhh ive got too much shit spread across these bloody screens" and now i rarely use the right hand monitor

the only thing i still like it for is for sequencing quicker, but apart from that there's actually not THAT much benefit at all apart from the obvious aesthetic qualities

rhythmtech
07-02-2008, 03:51 PM
i think its much quicker when doing the mix.. especially with cubase's 3 mixers.. i have 1 on each screen so i dont need to go looking for tracks. also when writing i dont need to be constantly opening up the mixer

eyeswithoutaface
07-02-2008, 03:58 PM
well it can be beneficial or not regardless of the software your using, all the main software sequencer's have mixers that still need to be viewed, just depends on your workrate and way of working, at first i thought it was great having the mixer fill the right hand monitor, then realised i wanted to use it mainly for sequencing anyway, so i was still having to flip between resources as it were

1 think it certainly doesnt do is improve the actual music so its subjective really. I might even sell my 2nd monitor later this year to a mate whose after a 3rd

stjohn
07-02-2008, 04:04 PM
really? whenever im on a single monitor now.. i feel so confined. cant wat to get a nice new video card and 2 x 19" widescreen flats! i think ill be able to sequence my tracks in 5 dimensions then, i think

eyeswithoutaface
07-02-2008, 10:58 PM
well it is really a personal preference to be fair, computer screen's are not the best thing for the eyes to be looking at anyway for long periods of time, and i often get those nasty headaches after a good like 6 hour session or something. Literaly the only thing i use the 2nd screen for now is sequencing but that only really saves having to scroll across which takes about 2 seconds anyway, so in my opinion its definately more an aesthetic than practical thing.

i usually have most of my VST's, mixer whatever in the background until i need them to be honest, i use a shedload of high end VST and to be honest they wouldnt all fit on the screen anyway without looking messy overlapping everything, so everything is minimized until i need to tweak it, and most things have a shortcut key anyway which brings it up in a second

like i say its great for some people, not always for others.

but it certainly makes one's studio look more profressional dont ya knowwwww

mattboyslim
07-02-2008, 11:07 PM
**** screens. I'm finding more and more that staring at the PC dos my brain in. Its starting to hurt creatively too. I try to keep my on screen stuff to a minimum. Get stuff set up to controllers then get jamming. More fun, better results

dirty_bass
08-02-2008, 12:39 AM
I just use 1 big bastard screen
My work rate is insanely fast until I get to mixdown, so dual screens has never really been something I`ve needed.
Once I`m mixing down I work very methodically, and know where everything is.

dual screen does make you feel more like a professiona though, cosmetically

rhythmtech
08-02-2008, 08:31 AM
well its made my life 10 times easier..

RDR
08-02-2008, 12:47 PM
im waiting for a HD tv's to come down in price then im buying a 30inch one with a PC input... my mate has one and its wicked for the PC.. even better for sequencing ;) and watching films... or amateur productions.. :tongue:

YAY!

fatcollective
08-02-2008, 01:20 PM
looks very profressional barry i must say but is'nt the master volume on the transport panel red-lining.... turn it down ya twit hehehehe!!!

rhythmtech
08-02-2008, 01:26 PM
looks very profressional barry i must say but is'nt the master volume on the transport panel red-lining.... turn it down ya twit hehehehe!!!

no ye twat.. thats the "audition" - the master is the one to the left of it.. jeez.. what dd they teach you in school?

stjohn
08-02-2008, 02:19 PM

haha...steeeee-rike!

stjohn
08-02-2008, 02:26 PM
btw baz... i see u have the inflator there. do u use it much?? how does it compare to other similar maximizers?

rhythmtech
08-02-2008, 02:42 PM
it gives more of a analog overdrive than an actual miximiser feel the way i use it but then again i am pushing it hard..

lovly on bass

i also throw it in b4 the limiter when mastering. adds a lovely shape and fullness without affecting the peaks

278d7e64a374de26f==