PDA

View Full Version : Renoise

Si.
06-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Anyone use this? What do they think??

TechMouse
06-02-2008, 01:27 PM
I haven't played extensively with Renoise, but I do have a soft spot for trackers in general.

stjohn
06-02-2008, 01:38 PM
philly sent me a video tutorial, havnt watched it yet...but id like to see how they work..it seems like he's overcomplicating things to me, as live can do what he wants to do

maybe not

TechMouse
06-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Live and Renoise are very different things.

Trackers let you do stuff with samples that nothing else can achieve.

tocsin
07-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Anyone use this? What do they think??

If you haven't used a tracker, then don't bother. A couple friends who have always used trackers absolutely love it, largely because it opened the ability to take more advantage of sound and software developments, while maintaining the familiar interface of tracker software. However, if you haven't done any work with a tracker, it's probably not worth the time. You'd be relearning the wheel to pretty much do the same thing you're doing with other software now.

Louk
07-02-2008, 08:02 PM
If you haven't used a tracker, then don't bother. A couple friends who have always used trackers absolutely love it, largely because it opened the ability to take more advantage of sound and software developments, while maintaining the familiar interface of tracker software. However, if you haven't done any work with a tracker, it's probably not worth the time. You'd be relearning the wheel to pretty much do the same thing you're doing with other software now.

Awesome program I use it lots to come up with ideas when I am working on a tune and a midi controller isn't near by!

Ah I miss impulse trracker / octamed :(

Louk

dirty_bass
07-02-2008, 08:13 PM
I started with Med and Then moved to OctaMed, before getting into cubase, logic and blah di blah blah

Yeah trackers can be great, and exceedingly immediate, they definitely make you work in a different way and there are some advantages.

I wouldn`t say it was better or worse than using ableton or anything else.

Just

different.

very nice for working with rapid beat stuff. It`s worth a try, you might find it to be in key with your way of working.

Elvio Neto
08-02-2008, 04:40 PM
i used buzz for a few years

278d7e64a374de26f==