PDA

View Full Version : Fake DJ??

audioinjection
06-02-2008, 04:06 PM
I saw this on another forum, I thought it was pretty funny.....they're saying he's mixing with pre-mixed cd's hehe....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cvPewWxwg1Q

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m01g4XnC_qU

MARK ANXIOUS
06-02-2008, 04:17 PM
wow, he really is faking it!!!!

hahahahhaha...

proves ya don't need skill these days to get a crowd going LOL

koma
06-02-2008, 04:39 PM
yes, he played Pete Tong's mixed cd on Exit festival... "pete tong's future classics" or something like that. we laughed than, thinking, what idiot will book him after that. guess what, he still gets nicely paid gigs, so I guess we should blame promoters who make monkeys from all proper djs and the audience...

but i guess, there are enough people willing to pay tickets just to see someone from well known band behind the decks. funny thing is, this same peter hook previously used to spit on DJ-ing.

this is his response to the video and all the fuss around it

'Ah what a strange world we live in! this expose has appeared on An Australian website exposing me for the charlatan I am{sorry tim!} funny really its never the content that causes the damage, its like the PETER HOOK BLAMES BAND MATES FOR SPLIT! Headlines when you read the article I never did!

On this one PETER HOOK FAKE DJING EXPOSED! It shows a clip on YOU TUBE so out of context

,as they always are! The night was great the crowd was rocking ,why don't they show that instead of me? The most boring part? Im messing with the eq. on the desk , as taught to me by the great Arthur Baker, to emphasise rolls hand claps effects etc, then you sneak the bottom end out then bring it back in suddenly for added frisson.Shit he will kill me for telling you!

Funny really in the early days when people used to have to put the tracks on for me I didn't get exposed but now I do it myself? I get exposed, what a shock tho ,some djs play pre-recorded music???? My mate did the lights for a very famous English DJ, he was doing a three month tour of america and mimed to a 100,000 people a night! Just used a dat tape and just pretended to put the records on. Naughty boy! In my early days I would have chunks recorded max 11minutes now I do it myself I don't wear headphones cos I don't mix a lot! I edit the songs to start on the beat because I prefer it that way. I suspect that theres a little bit of bad blood goin down in OZ , I had a great time in PARKLIFE and had no complaints at all? But I had to pull another festival later, because id stupidly double booked it, my fault no one else's. I cancelled 5 months in advance but was amazed by the response as in you'll never play this town again to my mate works in Immigration your stuffed etc etc …………SO JACKT What you up to? Im flattered you think im important enough to expose, im sure we 'll bump into each other sometime, so I can explain ! In the meantime you've lost me 4 gigs, ah well at least it'll bring FREEBASS nearer! Love hookyx Have a watch!'

davethedrummer
06-02-2008, 05:17 PM
do you think they pay him with fake money
and give him fake booze for his rider ....like cold tea in the whisky bottle
and shandy in the beer

no i don't think so either

DannyBlack
06-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Just a bitchy promoter havin a go at him. Slag.

stjohn
06-02-2008, 05:23 PM
haha...reminds me of a small independant festival here last summer..

Florian from Kraftwerk was just pressing play on i tunes and then going crazy behind the decks... then when his time was up and Rob Hall ws supposed to come on... he threw a hissy fit.

eyeswithoutaface
06-02-2008, 05:51 PM
i think its great someones exposed him as it were and lost him gigs, they werent gigs in the first place, and that is a classic "shit i've been caught out reply". Peter Hook has always been a total wanker anyway, he could never play bass so i wouldnt of been suprised if someone told me he couldnt Dj either

koma
06-02-2008, 06:03 PM
do you think they pay him with fake money
and give him fake booze for his rider ....like cold tea in the whisky bottle
and shandy in the beer

no i don't think so either

of course not, but they are probably fully aware of the fact he's faking it
and they are fine with it, which is a damn shame
if i wanted to see a monkey, i'd go to the zoo, not the club.

DannyBlack
06-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Id love to see a monkey mixing tracks! mind you, im not really into Tiesto's music.

Mucky Beats
06-02-2008, 06:35 PM
hahaha madness! ....i seen a funny comment under the 2nd youtube clip going on about how playing records aint hard... i love how stupid some people on you tube are its great hahaha

Martin Dust
06-02-2008, 07:29 PM
he could never play bass so i wouldnt of been suprised if someone told me he couldnt Dj either

He can't play bass!!! Heard it all now - jeesh.

eyeswithoutaface
06-02-2008, 07:30 PM
yeah you have it seems:smile:

TechMouse
06-02-2008, 07:45 PM
What a colossal waste of everyone's time.

I'd be pretty pissed off if I paid money to see that.

Still, more fool me if I pay money to go and see Peter Hook DJ.

SlavikSvensk
06-02-2008, 08:52 PM
yeah but it's peter hook...did anyone really think he could dj? do they care? should they?

just play "unknown pleasures" "closer" and "movement" back to back :)

lunatrick
06-02-2008, 09:06 PM
hmm......I don't really see whats the difference between this and djing with ableton live? apart from he doesn't even use the headphones to pretend to mix...

what he really should be shot down for is using a pete tong cd.......wtf? you'd think he could come up with something better......he mentions arthur baker - why not get him to put some tracks together....

anyway hooky is a bit of a legend isn't he? reminds me of one of new orders songs...'getting away with it'....

lunatrick
06-02-2008, 09:07 PM
yeah but it's peter hook...did anyone really think he could dj? do they care? should they?

just play "unknown pleasures" "closer" and "movement" back to back :)

if he redited these and dj'd with live everybody would love it.

Miss Saysay
06-02-2008, 09:53 PM
A guy i know booked hooky to play for him a few years ago at an oldskool event, he turned up with one cd!! haha ..... one of the other dj's ended up spinning some tunes whist hooky pretended it was himself playing, crazy! Needless to say he was never booked again. :eek:

mattboyslim
06-02-2008, 10:15 PM
hmm......I don't really see whats the difference between this and djing with ableton live? apart from he doesn't even use the headphones to pretend to mix...

what he really should be shot down for is using a pete tong cd.......wtf? you'd think he could come up with something better......he mentions arthur baker - why not get him to put some tracks together....

anyway hooky is a bit of a legend isn't he? reminds me of one of new orders songs...'getting away with it'....'getting away with it' wasn't by New Order ;-)

I don't see the problem to be honest. Its expected by all the ex band members who become DJs. If people wana waste their money on it, thats their problem

dirty_bass
06-02-2008, 10:59 PM
I thought the DJ bubble burst a while ago anyway, once everyone bought technics and found out you don`t need to be a god to slap some tunes together.
Celebrity DJ`s makes perfect sense in this world.
And with live music rarely being live in celebrity land, why should DJing be?

I`m sure the majority of people at these parties don`t care wether the DJ is playing properly or just scratching his ass whilst a dat plays.
They are there for party hedonism and as long as the commercial cack is pumped out the speakers, who cares how it gets there.

Athar
06-02-2008, 11:04 PM
just saw the some comments on youtube:
"peter hook is a legend !!"

legend ?!? legend of stupidity ?

jesus christ!

this guy is a real cunt, he's facking all the time,
can't believe the promoters accepting that and invited him to play on the gigs,
is that means the show (jumping like a monkey etc) is much more important than dj skills nowdays ?

<athar is getting confused>

dirty_bass
06-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Easy money for Pete too
Fairplay.

He`s just getting away with what he can at the end of the day.
The promoters and the punters are allowing themselves to be duped.
But look at the youtube footage, they are loveing it.

There is something sooo wrong about the fakeness though, but I think the whole club DJ scene is spattered with degrees of fakeness anyway.

All we are doing is playing records to people who want to hear records, at the end of the day, yet somehow media attention elevated the DJ to a ridiculous celebrity position.

I`m not putting down DJing in any way, but I think we also need to be grounded about what it really is and what it is for when you play records.

davethedrummer
07-02-2008, 01:44 AM
aaah who cares?

next !

Microdot
07-02-2008, 04:40 AM
:laughing: funny as ****

Kokotorobot
07-02-2008, 08:40 AM
tiesto does the same, but then again hes the king of wankers

this is why you need liveacts instead of djing

clubsynthetic