PDA

View Full Version : The Dutch techno scene / sounds interesting???

Ritzi Lee
15-12-2003, 06:29 PM
OK its a while ago i opened a topic.
But i think its time again to ask a question for ya all.

"What is the position / influence of the Dutch technoscene in the world?"

Meaning:
- Organisations.
Are the big Dutch techno organisations really supporting real Dutch talent?

- Artists.
Do Dutch techno artists really have a meaning in the rest of the world?

- Record industry
How many technolabels do we have who support the Dutch technoscene in the world?

- Booking offices.
Do they only do it for the international acts. (interacting offcourse with the influence of artists globally)

- Promoters....
Are they blindfolded for what's really happening nowadays?

Col
15-12-2003, 06:55 PM
holland does seem a bit quiet on the techno front.

anyway you should be telling us, your the one from amsterdam!

The Overfiend
15-12-2003, 07:08 PM
If it wasn't for the dutch I wouldn't be into to techno period.
They have Rerun bookings, Laidback Luke, Lambda and DaGoose, Misjah is from out there. The touche label backin the day was unbeatable. ****ing Carlos Rios and Vin are from out there now, and Jan Lieffensomtehing too. Don't sleep for a milli second on the dutch.

The Overfiend
15-12-2003, 10:34 PM
And I'm talking about Vin - Ill!

miromiric.
15-12-2003, 11:08 PM
and carlos =)

The Overfiend
16-12-2003, 12:10 AM
I said Carlos! :twisted:

Vin-iLL
16-12-2003, 07:51 AM
:notworthy:

Ritzi Lee
16-12-2003, 08:10 AM
holland does seem a bit quiet on the techno front.

anyway you should be telling us, your the one from amsterdam!

That's true :)

Ok here's my own opinion:

- In Holland we have a very bad dance media!! Why? They really don't pay attention for what's going on over here. And even worse, they don't reach out to the people globally. But over here in Holland we are very well informed about what's going on abroad. So they pay more attention to the international artists.

They only have dutch language magazines. So its only for the Dutchies...

If you take all this in account, Dutch artists in the technoscene totally have no feedback.

Are the big Dutch techno organisations really supporting real Dutch talent?
I think the answer to this one is, no they realy don't.
Specialy for the bigger organisations who don't realy want to take much risk, unknown names don't attrack many people as they would like to visit.

Do Dutch techno artists really have a meaning in the rest of the world?
That's of course a nother story.. there are a lot Dutch artists who gathered respect worldwide. Most whell know like Speedy J, Orlando Voorn, Joris Voorn, Steve Rachmad just to name some. Specialy the detroiters always knew how to find ower scene.. and they are still the orginators to me. For example this was one of the reasons Derrick May and Stacey Pullen took NL as their homebase during the beginning of the 90's i think. But to be hounest, you can count them with one hand. Its to poor.

How many technolabels do we have who support the Dutch technoscene in the world? Sure there are some good labels in NL.. Clone is doing some damn good business if you ask me, the guys from Rushhour do a fine job.
And when you like harder stuff.. Jan Liefhebber / Highlandbeats is selling more records abroad than he does here in NL Which can also be seen if you take a closer look at this bookings..

I also started an own label. The first release is finished. And even without all the attention from the media and other people, i'm fighting myself through the barriers to reach something!! Besides me there are many DJ / producers like me doing their stuff and trying to release. Some of you mentioned some names. Vincent, Carlos, Vin-ill.... But also Jerome is doing a lot. Some new names are Greg Martini & Xano Gallois who are trying to set up a new label.

- Promoters....
Are they blindfolded for what's really happening nowadays?
I gues that depents of the size of a organisation/promoter.
The smaller once still do a very fine up if you ask me. There are some exceptions though.. for example i am still supriced everytime by what they people from Mojo bring up. They sure show that they are not blindfolded and always know to find a very fine selection of acts that can't be heard everywhere.. and honestly it's realy a shame what the other bigger once bring forward.. again clarke, again cox, again liebing.... that's for example what i call beeing blindfolded.

So there's enough action in the technoscene in Holland, but you guys don't know this offcourse. Because there is no media who reports all this globally!!

The Overfiend
16-12-2003, 10:09 AM
What about Shockers? And Id&t?
What ever happened to labels like Subspace and Red?

Ritzi Lee
16-12-2003, 10:51 AM
What about Shockers? And Id&t?
What ever happened to labels like Subspace and Red?

Shockers is gone!!
And Id&t is one of the big organisations i was talking about in my statement.

Subspace is stil there i believe.
Red, i don't know.

Esox Lucius
16-12-2003, 11:03 AM
there are some good producers from holland, haven't been over there for years and would have been too stoned for going to clubs, so don't really know how the scene is, last time I was there I was in Tilburg and it was mainly trance.

a coffeeshop playing techno would be cool.

T
16-12-2003, 11:20 AM
my fav dutch techno producer is STEVE RACHMAD :clap: ......he's been producing great stuff for years and I think he's of the highest quality

Small Paul
16-12-2003, 01:37 PM
There used to be a fair bit of techno in and around Nijmegen. That Doornroosje club was pretty good, but I've not been there for a while now. Have you heard of a label called Highland Beats run by Jan Liefhebber by any chance?

Bas Mooy
16-12-2003, 03:15 PM
I am working at Triple Vision Distribution (Rotterdam/The Netherlands) and we are distributing Dutch labels such as Highland Beats, Patterns and my label Audio Assault. These labels feature international artists but also Dutch material from guys like Vincent de Wit, Carlos Rios, Jan Liefhebber & DJ Hansz, Cameron, Metroline, Joris Voorn, Bas Mooy & J. Liebregts. Those labels are doing really good, both in Holland and international. In 2004 we will also release our new label called Arms, which is a division of Audio Assault. At Triple Vision we notice that there's a lot of good response on the Dutch labels.

Of course artists like Speedy J, Steve Rachmad, Orlando Voorn and Secret Cinema already have lots of respect worldwide. Think they deserve that!

The Dutch party-scene is dominated by the big organisations , which only book the big international artists. Small organisations are having tough times at the moment. I've beeen organising parties for some years now, but it only gets harder and harder every year. The dutch party-people are kind of 'spoiled' by all the massive line-ups...people only wanna see bigger and bigger names and are not interested in the locals. But I think that that is gonna change pretty soon...anyway thats what I hope will happen!

Adverse
16-12-2003, 04:53 PM
carlos rios and vinnie are the F.UCKING business

they are releasing the next adverse uf. uf uf uf.

Adverse
16-12-2003, 04:54 PM
LOL LOL i put that in huge letters and it says CENSORED haha

Buttman
16-12-2003, 06:14 PM
carlos rios and vinnie are the CENSORED business

Hell yes!

tioneb
16-12-2003, 06:23 PM
rachmad and speedy are really great ... joris voorn is also great talent.

talking about voorn i have seen the name orlando voorn .. isnt he from detroit ??? releasing on kms in the early years and on UR isnt a privilege a european can have imo...

deep art booking agency is also really kewl =)))

Bughead
16-12-2003, 11:24 PM
Michel de Heoy, he's from Holland AFAIK...

I used to live in Holland years ago and went to most of the Hellraisers etc and the techno scene was always very well supported with the likes of Dano and Gizmo ( when they played techno) but it was usually taken over by hardcore and gabber which was great but you couldnt really jump aroiund the place for long...

Methodixxx
17-12-2003, 01:15 AM
carlos rios and vinnie are the CENSORED business

Nice won! :clap: Which tracks are you putting out..?

Adverse
17-12-2003, 03:46 AM
it's called the platonic year ep

A1 is solo track by carlos rios names 172.06 hz
B1 and B2 is track by both those dutch rockstars named solar system and a transfer rate respectively

you can hear clips at www.carlos-rios.com i'll post the art when it's ready should be out early next year.

all hard and dark off beat thrill seekers :) top track man top. was hard to top2 but i think we might have done it :)

Adverse
17-12-2003, 03:49 AM
lol sorry transfer rate has been renamed to platonic year :P

Adverse
17-12-2003, 03:53 AM
oh yeah and get used to this kinda shit boys cause carlos and vinnie will be upcoming on adverse a lot :)

The Overfiend
17-12-2003, 04:59 AM
Just to co sign
These songs are the absolute
motherf***king
BUSINESS.

It's time for the greasy cats to come back and take techno again
The hungry style kats.

2004 is going to be scary for you recipe mongers.........

djteknobrat
17-12-2003, 07:26 AM
I will be playing in Holland this upcoming February 2004

for GROOVE FACTORY in ZWOLLE, HOLLAND on February 21st 2004.

Its my 3rd time playing there really look forward to go back to the Netherlands really nice scene hope things are still pumping

Peace

Teknobrat

Ritzi Lee
17-12-2003, 09:23 AM
lol sorry transfer rate has been renamed to platonic year :P

you have a label???

Adverse
17-12-2003, 09:44 AM
last time i looked i did :shock:

Adverse
17-12-2003, 09:44 AM
Just to co sign
These songs are the absolute
motherf***king
BUSINESS.

It's time for the greasy cats to come back and take techno again
The hungry style kats.

2004 is going to be scary for you recipe mongers.........

i believe you mean cosine?

The Overfiend
17-12-2003, 06:10 PM
Co-Sign
F***cker!

The Overfiend
17-12-2003, 06:11 PM
Imma bust your shit Belson!

EX
17-12-2003, 06:18 PM
The Dutch party-scene is dominated by the big organisations , which only book the big international artists. Small organisations are having tough times at the moment. I've beeen organising parties for some years now, but it only gets harder and harder every year. The dutch party-people are kind of 'spoiled' by all the massive line-ups...people only wanna see bigger and bigger names and are not interested in the locals. But I think that that is gonna change pretty soon...anyway thats what I hope will happen!

same problem in Belgium...

DJZeMig_L
18-12-2003, 02:36 AM
same prob everywhere nowadays! :(

:(

Z

Ritzi Lee
18-12-2003, 08:02 AM
same prob everywhere nowadays! :(

:(

Z

i don't think germany has this problem?

Ritzi Lee
19-12-2003, 02:10 PM
Something's happening people!!
I think some guys are getting the message...

DJ Roog complained about the media in his interview for BG magazine....

And now ID&T magazine is making an indept article about what's really the opinion of the Dutch technoscene. :)

Adverse
19-12-2003, 02:13 PM
great :)

Ritzi Lee
21-12-2003, 06:01 PM
Last night was the biggest indoor festival in Europe in Amsterdam:
- What party am i talking about?
- Was there any indication from fro instance the UK Dance media about this?

:twisted:

The Overfiend
21-12-2003, 06:31 PM
Shockers?
Awakenings?

zaalmoetlos
21-12-2003, 08:30 PM
I think there was a bit of an overkill of parties in Holland around about the same time as we hit harder times financially.

The v.a.t. rates for clubs changed from 6% to 19%
this effected the smaller clubs the most and they are having a difficult time now..

Recordlabels are having a hard time at the moment as most dutch distributors wont take on new labels.

Big events and a healthy late 90's economy pushed the rates way up for dj's and the euro gave most a chance for a nice income improvement. So smaller clubs can't afford most of them

we no proffesional techno magazines here

Ritzi Lee
22-12-2003, 07:46 AM
it was INNERCITY

jonnyspeed
22-12-2003, 08:17 AM
Dunno doesn't seem like this in London - the small parties are still rocking - ups and downs but still a vibrant scene.

You may just need to do what you are doing as a bigger collective representing the whole local scene in a specific genre and put on good parties - rather than lots of independant promoters.

Maybe all your local artists have been seen too many times by too few people that are into the scene around you. People may just want to see somebody else.

Are the 'big DJs' playing a different style that is just more popular that the sound you are playing?

Zymo
01-01-2004, 03:03 PM
indeed, same problem in belgium

a good friend of me told me there was something on the news about techno-gigs in belgium: 1000 of anti-techbo people came on the street with the message to stop the techno scene in kind of citys.

we already have one city "Kortrijk" were it is forbidden to organize a techno party

thats what my friend told

its kinda sick to hear such things!

278d7e64a374de26f==