PDA

View Full Version : compressing loop and bass

tracatak
10-02-2008, 07:23 PM
hello

should i compress/sidechain my bassy kick to my punchy kick and then my loop to the same punchy kick...seems to have good results..for the hard techno or schranz ...

thanks

loopdon
10-02-2008, 08:51 PM
I reckon that's the general way to do it. And if it sounds good to you - you should trust your feelings. No need to change every element in your tune, though.

techno_smack
10-02-2008, 09:02 PM
ive never thought about sidechaining one kick to another. might give that a go to give it a bit more punch

MARK ANXIOUS
10-02-2008, 10:38 PM
no neither have i! seems like a nice way to layer kicks without losing the essential part of a kick you like... nice :)

tracatak
11-02-2008, 03:45 AM
wow i feeel proud.. (esp if this is the real mark eg..) lol... (acts star struck)..lol

jUST kIDDING =)

ok my next ? that comes up IS

if i have a few kicks ( the punchy kick not the bassier one)

if i have these kicks layered will this somehow effect the compression and result in dif pumping effects or no cuz i dont have the rest of the sounds sidechained to those other kicks layerd underneath the first one(which does have the sidechainer plug in)

..does this make sense..im gonna go try anyways (the extra kicks) of course but so far i have only tried one punchy kick with bassy kick and a perc loop all sidechaind to that one punchy kick...(short kick so there is room for the compression to work )

and i even sidechained my vocal ("this is how we do it")
(so i hear HOW WE DUH...HOW WE DUH )

and a synthy stab to it (so it goes up and down)

(that isn't necessary to say just thinking out loud really)

probably thinking too much on this too..trial and error..lol.

ok ill be back with my scientific conclusions. =)

278d7e64a374de26f==