Man Utd v Arsenal 17.15
Preston NE v Portsmouth 15.00
Postponed - now being played Sun, Feb 17
Sheff Utd v Middlesbrough 15.00
Postponed - now being played Sun, Feb 17

Sunday 17th February 2008

Preston NE v Portsmouth 16.00
Sheff Utd v Middlesbrough 14.00

monster fixture at Old Trafford, United need to start with Hargreaves and Anderson in the centre, they did a good job at the Emirates earlier in the season...

Insomnia
14-02-2008, 11:26 PM
Will be a tough game at old trafford on Saturday for sure...

With so many Premiership teams out, there is a good opportunity for smaller clubs to get a good run in the Cup...

fatcollective
15-02-2008, 09:42 AM
is the man utd game on the bbc or sky?

basslinejunkie
15-02-2008, 01:02 PM
bbc id imagine? the fa cup games usually are but im not sure

Numeric
16-02-2008, 02:27 PM
aye, United are the BBC this afternoon, all the talk is of Arsenal fielding a weakened side, i hope they do

Will
16-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Why, is that the only way you can win?

xes
16-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Why, is that the only way you can win?

yess,come on,claws out!! :lol:

And get in there Barnsley!!

Numeric
16-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Barnsley :lol:

xes
16-02-2008, 06:11 PM
oh well,3-0 up at half time. And Manu have a weakened team aswell. No Ronaldo,Giggs,Tevez and a few more.

bye bye Arsenal,out you go. :lol:

fatcollective
16-02-2008, 07:03 PM
united are playing good football, fletcher is having an excellent game, i recall someone on here said united are a one man team....

xes
16-02-2008, 07:19 PM
united are playing good football, fletcher is having an excellent game, i recall someone on here said united are a one man team....

united totally pwned LeArse. I don't think they had a shot on target. 1 over,and 2 or 3 well wide. Worse I've seen them play,probably ever :lol:

Don't give me none of the second team bullshit either,they're more than capable of passing the ball every now and then.

I do love to see them fail in such epic proportions. :cheese:

Numeric
16-02-2008, 08:10 PM
:lol: that's why we're champions!!

incredible performance from united, fletch is a legend

fair do's both teams were missing a few first choice players, but nevertheless

and the kopites are out :lol:

digitalboy
16-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Yeh i heard there was grumblings about fletcher. I guess he dosn't do it consitantly though, thats what the bother is.

Insomnia
16-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Fcukin terrible performance tonight...

Arsenal didn't seem intrested in the first half our, game was over by half time...

9000 fans travelled up for that, and that's what they get in return! SHOCKING!!

Questions need to be asked after that dismal performance...

LittleMinx
17-02-2008, 02:48 AM
what a result!!!:yup:

Numeric
17-02-2008, 01:03 PM
was a shockin performance from Arsenal, the players attitude was a disgrace, Eboue is a first class c**t, and Flamini's challenge on Nani was a disgrace also, Gallas was another who let the team and hismelf down badly

United were awesome, everyone performed well, Nani had his best game thus far without question, Anderson was immense yet again, and Fletch, what a player :lol:

french_og
17-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Lets talk about Liverpool going out? Bets the fans are still singing Benitez's name!!!!

xes
17-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Unlucky Preston NE. Last minute own goal,what a kick in the teeth!!

nick_anarchy
17-02-2008, 08:58 PM
we destroyed arsenal simple as that .... they couldnt cope with nani , once again they try and cry , drive and cheat even kick out when nani totally too the piss oyut of the 2 wankers tryin to catch him haha class , rooney was pure class , anderson once again showing us what he will become world class ! best game iv seen nani play since he cant to utd reminds me of the fa cup final where arsenal couldnt cope with ronaldo all game , pace skill you get players who can do it with the ball but then you get players who can do it with pace while running with the ball thats there are only 4/5 players who can do it and 2 are at utd !! where was this super fab then ??? was he even on the pitch haha some big game player he is, flecther had him in his back pocket all game ... you all talk about weaker sides haha no scholes , tevez , ronaldo , giggs , hargreevs and you all say we are a 1 man team without ronaldo haha for a one man team to destroy the so called londons best team and the team top of the pem well need i say anymore by the score line ? and it should of been more if rooney & saha had put there chances away

haha and them comments from gallas in the papers b4 the game haha eating his words now wouldnt you say haha god all this had made me laugh even more so with liverpool .... you year again is it ? haha

so seeing as all the arsenal fans , liverpool fans make out utds understrength squad aint up to standard o and a sinking ship ;-) i would say we are doin well wouldnt you .......

when teams play arsenal they stand off and let them pass they why at times thy cut teams open and score 1,2,3 we have shown ONCE AGAIN that if u get stuck in and dont give them any time on the ball they crumble big time !! and can't cope with the pressure

chelsea @ home in the next round please :-)

but i wouldnt put it past them gettin barnsley or bristol city tbh

nick_anarchy
17-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Lets talk about Liverpool going out? Bets the fans are still singing Benitez's name!!!!

i asked me mate what he thought and the text i got back was .......

"i feel like topping myself "

Will
18-02-2008, 05:28 PM
United did well, but I don't think they were that good, Arsenal's performance imploded from the back forward thanks to playing two such inexperienced, if not outright poor and nowhere near good enough full backs (in Hoyte's case at least, Traore's still young so he has an excuse), which undermimed the entire defence, and then the team as a whole.

Reminded me of the 6-1 defeat where we fielded Stepanovs and Grimandi in central defence and the old adage 'a chain's only as strong as it's weakest links'. The annoying thing is we'll probably never properly avenge these dfeats because United will never be in a position where they have to field such poor defenders.

But at the end of the day it was only the FA cup, I'm quite happy with ****ing it off, especially since the players didn't seem interested, the performance was shocking, if not a disgrace, but if we win the Prem, as looks quite likely then we can't complain and it'll be a great season, especially if we can do something in the CL as well.

Hopefully this game will have no bearing on the Milan game, that's the only worry, but we bounced back fine from the 5-1 result at WHL, which was probably a worse result with a similar strength team. Plus Milan play a totally different game to United, I'm sure they won't close us down anywhere near as quickly, so we should be alright.

Microdot
18-02-2008, 05:40 PM
United did well, but I don't think they were that good, Arsenal's performance imploded from the back forward thanks to playing two such inexperienced, if not outright poor and nowhere near good enough full backs (in Hoyte's case at least, Traore's still young so he has an excuse), which undermimed the entire defence, and then the team as a whole.

Reminded me of the 6-1 defeat where we fielded Stepanovs and Grimandi in central defence and the old adage 'a chain's only as strong as it's weakest links'. The annoying thing is we'll probably never properly avenge these dfeats because United will never be in a position where they have to field such poor defenders.

But at the end of the day it was only the FA cup, I'm quite happy with ****ing it off, especially since the players didn't seem interested, the performance was shocking, if not a disgrace, but if we win the Prem, as looks quite likely then we can't complain and it'll be a great season, especially if we can do something in the CL as well.

Hopefully this game will have no bearing on the Milan game, that's the only worry, but we bounced back fine from the 5-1 result at WHL, which was probably a worse result with a similar strength team. Plus Milan play a totally different game to United, I'm sure they won't close us down anywhere near as quickly, so we should be alright.

The team Arsenal fielded against United was much stronger than the one that faced Spurs and just as strong on paper as the one Utd fielded.

As for not caring about the FA Cup?... I'll use the only smiley i know how to....

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

would've thought arsenal's fans would've taken defeat with better grace tbh.
funny to see the London based media constantly coming up with excuses as to why they got stuffed too.

Numeric
18-02-2008, 05:41 PM
http://www.teamtalk.com/Images/193226.jpg

:lol: quality

Microdot
18-02-2008, 05:44 PM
http://www.teamtalk.com/Images/193226.jpg

:lol: quality

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

nick_anarchy
18-02-2008, 08:04 PM
hahaha ( both to wills comment on not caring for the fa cup and to the quality look on good old phil thompson )

fatcollective
18-02-2008, 10:46 PM
the united team that played on saturday would kick most premiership teams ass, i know it wasnt the strongest side united have but they all worked extremely hard, always fighting for the ball, not letting arsenal play...and once united scored a few goal arsenal were totally lost, they couldnt get into it, they got out played completely! not enough teams are doing this right now thats why arsenal are top of the league, maybe other teams will look at what united did and start fighting for the ball again!!

Microdot
18-02-2008, 11:02 PM
word...

they don't like it up 'em :laughing:

french_og
19-02-2008, 08:46 AM
To be fair to Tommo on Gillette Soccer Saturday he speaks a lot of sense about football and the Liverpool situation.

Numeric
19-02-2008, 09:11 AM
i remember the day before united went to anfield back in december he was goin on about how liverpool would get the result without question :lol:

Numeric
19-02-2008, 12:27 PM
word is Gallas has escaped disiplinary action for kicking Nani, typical :rudisgust:

Will
19-02-2008, 05:10 PM
The team Arsenal fielded against United was much stronger than the one that faced Spurs and just as strong on paper as the one Utd fielded.

As for not caring about the FA Cup?... I'll use the only smiley i know how to....

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

would've thought arsenal's fans would've taken defeat with better grace tbh.
funny to see the London based media constantly coming up with excuses as to why they got stuffed too.

Let's see, the Arsenal team for the Spurs game was

Walcott Bendtner
Diaby Denilson Gilberto Hleb
Traore Gallas Sagna Hoyte
Fabianski

So the only differences in the outfield are Walcott started instead of Eduardo(but came on after 65 mins), Denilson started instead of Fabregas (but he came on after just 19 mins), Diaby started instead of Eboue (who are of similar ability) and Sagna started instead of Toure (both are one of our 3 best defenders) and Fabianski is arguably better than Lehmann these days - so like I said similar strength.

As for not taking it well, I'm sorry if I'm not gutted enough for you, but I'm much more interested in the Prem and the CL - just because it's United's best chance of silverware doesn't mean we all must covet it! I couldn't see us winning at OT twice this season and I'd much rather do it in the league to help seal the title - as we did to Spurs 3-1 even though we lost 5-1 in a domestic cup, which the Arsenal players and fans aren't that bothered with.

At the end of the day, the only reason Nani and Park looked good is because they were playing against sub-Derby standard full backs who were at fault for all the goals - I doubt you'd be crowing about beating Derby 4-0.

Microdot
21-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Let's see, the Arsenal team for the Spurs game was

Walcott Bendtner
Diaby Denilson Gilberto Hleb
Traore Gallas Sagna Hoyte
Fabianski

So the only differences in the outfield are Walcott started instead of Eduardo(but came on after 65 mins), Denilson started instead of Fabregas (but he came on after just 19 mins), Diaby started instead of Eboue (who are of similar ability) and Sagna started instead of Toure (both are one of our 3 best defenders) and Fabianski is arguably better than Lehmann these days - so like I said similar strength.

As for not taking it well, I'm sorry if I'm not gutted enough for you, but I'm much more interested in the Prem and the CL - just because it's United's best chance of silverware doesn't mean we all must covet it! I couldn't see us winning at OT twice this season and I'd much rather do it in the league to help seal the title - as we did to Spurs 3-1 even though we lost 5-1 in a domestic cup, which the Arsenal players and fans aren't that bothered with.

At the end of the day, the only reason Nani and Park looked good is because they were playing against sub-Derby standard full backs who were at fault for all the goals - I doubt you'd be crowing about beating Derby 4-0.

your post only serves to highlight the short comings of your own team. if you believe your reserve full backs are only good enough for derby, then I can only agree as I don't know enough about arsenal to say otherwise.
personally, I'm happy with Utd's reserves that played on the day, though they are often found to be lacking against more quality opposition.

278d7e64a374de26f==