PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Bass - Live Acid PA

dirty_bass
18-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Just before my birthday in January I decided to make a nostalgic pa.
I intended to make some detroit techno with a smattering of old school acid.
What I ended up with though is a blend of detroit, acid house, acid techno, house, minimal and millsian techno.
However after a few gigs it`s proving to be really popular (to my surprise) on the dancefloor.

this is 100% live, and a real headphuck to perform, so there are some little **** ups as I need 3 hands to do this pa properly.
But anyway, here it is for your amusement.

http://iterativemusic.com/db/Dirty%20Bass%20-%20Acidlove%20Live%20PA.mp3

http://iterativemusic.com/db/AcidloveS.jpg

Si the Sigh
18-02-2008, 12:56 PM
Gimme gimme gimme!

*downloads*

AcidTrash
18-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Had a scan thru. not at all what i go for acid wise but some enviable production on it.

xes
18-02-2008, 08:16 PM
on the download :) :cool:

acidpisar
18-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Thx:tongue:

Si the Sigh
19-02-2008, 08:04 AM
Loving it. :)

xes
19-02-2008, 08:53 AM
skimmed it last night,nice and chilled.Was going to put it on a cd and listen to it better at work. But it's too bloody long :hissyfit:

I swear they do this to me on purpose :hhmm:

Si the Sigh
19-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Put it straight on the 'pod :)

force
19-02-2008, 03:30 PM
beautiful set this!!!

dan the acid man
19-02-2008, 03:41 PM
can't wait to listen to this, downloading now

paulcortex
19-02-2008, 07:14 PM
wicked steve...yeah i enjoyed when u played this live on level1 radio,
lovely bubbling acid lines and good funky rhythms, more acid please :)

...ive been working on a rob acid/acid tech house style set that im thinking of
playing at the next club TED night..ill post a link to the set once ive finished twiddling my nobs ;)

Rog
01-03-2008, 04:49 PM
on the d/l... ta

the_psychologist
01-03-2008, 11:21 PM
holy shit, this is good

can you describe how you have configured your live setup? i'm starting out with planning my own act, and i'm very curious about how much you can actually do "live". and what's the best way to mix between tracks, DJ-style, while still having control over everything? i'm going to be using Live 7 from now on.

cheers

dirty_bass
02-03-2008, 03:17 AM
holy shit, this is good

can you describe how you have configured your live setup? i'm starting out with planning my own act, and i'm very curious about how much you can actually do "live". and what's the best way to mix between tracks, DJ-style, while still having control over everything? i'm going to be using Live 7 from now on.

cheers

It would take far too long for me to explain everything
but breaking it down to basics

My live consists of tunes I have made in an exterior DAW, broken down into loops.

I run 8-12 channels of audio loops of song parts (grouped) so main kicks, main percs, hats, top end percs, riffs, bass etc
Then I run (on this particular pa, as I do different for different pa`s) 2 audiorealism bassline`s and 1 pro 53 vsti`s, live.

I mix part to part as much as possible as the shortfall of a lot of pa`s is going from kick, to full mix, back down to kick and next tune. Which destroys flow.
I try to keep my live pa`s sounding like a DJ set.

Much of keeping you pa together is how you lay all your parts into ableton, so you always know whats going on, and if you are improving and lose your way, you can always see where to go next on screen.

koenigsegg
02-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Very nice indeed! Thanks DB :)

the_psychologist
03-03-2008, 09:13 AM
I mix part to part as much as possible as the shortfall of a lot of pa`s is going from kick, to full mix, back down to kick and next tune. Which destroys flow.
I try to keep my live pa`s sounding like a DJ set.

Yeah, this is the part I'm most curious about. I'm trying to figure out how to lay it all out in the Session view and allow for smooth segues between all the clips. I know some artists have a skeletal set laid out in the Arrangement and sprinkle stuff on top to round it out.

My plan is to run some reverb VST, basic effects like delay, Bassline 2, and a hardware synth (Evolver desktop) in addition to the clips in Live. I have noticed that more serious softsynths can quickly hose your CPU, so those are out.

278d7e64a374de26f==