PDA

View Full Version : 2004?

Sunil
16-12-2003, 01:02 AM
Will all the crap techno a la Marco Bailey, bad Henrik B stuff, Picotto etc. prosper in 2004? there's so much to be said for loopy techno but much of this stuff doesn't even deserve the tag. This year was a bad year for a few reasons, not least because people such as this swamped the market with crap, will they be allowed next year, whatcha think?

Dustin Zahn
16-12-2003, 05:42 AM
Its really too hard to say with all the recent distribution changes. It could go either way...all I know is I think 2004 will be one of the better years for upcoming artists. Prime really pushed some of the big labels really hard. I don't know if some of these other distributors will want to or be able to push towards the same people or as much as Prime did.

With a semi-boring 2002 and an uneventful 2003 I have a good feeling about 2004...but it could be shitty as well.

John Vella
16-12-2003, 09:14 AM
I beg to differ about 2003.... I prefer to look at positives and what IS happening rather than what isn't.....

Look, some new, exciting artists seemed to emerge.... and other exsisting ones took a step forward!

*Fernando gets signed on a German label... just the start of whats gonna be a solid techno career I think..... :notworthy:

*Sven Wettekind & Amok unleashs some hard as nails monsters.... :cool:

*The Anxious sound has gotten ever more persise.... SUBMISSIONS 2 & BOA 7 for example.... :twisted:

*I also think Patrick Skoog turned ALOT more heads this year..... I know he has mine as well as several of my techno loving friends... :shock:

*Humanoid #2 -- listen to this sick production by Jimfish....

*Also some dimwitted Canadian named Johnny finally completed his studio setup.... ;) ;) :lol: :oops: :eh:

yeah thats my take on things....

-jOHNNY

John Vella
16-12-2003, 09:15 AM
:oops: OH! AND HOW CAN I FORGET THE EMERGENCE OF MIRO????

-jOHNNY

jock
16-12-2003, 09:44 AM
I am hoping for good things in 2004, i think most of techno land in the UK went through a really bad time in 2003, but it now looks as if more and more people are saying "I wanna put on good parties" and forgetting about all the big "name" djs like Picotto/Beyer/Bailey etc

Split looks to be my first night of 2004, and with a line-up like that I can't imagine what the rest of 2004 will bring.

I also would like to get my djing to a level where i am quite proud of myself, think that will take time though!!

Col
16-12-2003, 09:45 AM
I beg to differ about 2003.... I prefer to look at positives and what IS happening rather than what isn't.....

Look, some new, exciting artists seemed to emerge.... and other exsisting ones took a step forward!

*Fernando gets signed on a German label... just the start of whats gonna be a solid techno career I think..... :notworthy:

*Sven Wettekind & Amok unleashs some hard as nails monsters.... :cool:

*The Anxious sound has gotten ever more persise.... SUBMISSIONS 2 & BOA 7 for example.... :twisted:

*I also think Patrick Skoog turned ALOT more heads this year..... I know he has mine as well as several of my techno loving friends... :shock:

*Humanoid #2 -- listen to this sick production by Jimfish....

*Also some dimwitted Canadian named Johnny finally completed his studio setup.... ;) ;) :lol: :oops: :eh:

yeah thats my take on things....

-jOHNNY

well said johnny, i couldnt agree more.

quite a few people have really emerged this yr, i think fern is going to massive, and good old jimmy should do well too.

The Overfiend
16-12-2003, 10:07 AM
2004 will be the year we take responsiblity for techno's direction.
Based on the distribution situation, and the straight up recycled approach that's come to be.
I hope this year something different will emerge, and if not hopefully some impressive sounds will come about.
Hopefully I can put forth my own twist on things.
I wish all the best to the people I have come in contact with from this board and beyond.

Buttman
16-12-2003, 12:12 PM
:oops: OH! AND HOW CAN I FORGET THE EMERGENCE OF MIRO????

-jOHNNY

Appropriate choice of word ;)

tioneb
16-12-2003, 12:34 PM
we cannot do worse than 2003 imo .
2004 will eb special for me, but i dont expect it affects many of you.

miromiric.
16-12-2003, 01:54 PM

yes we can.

2004 will eb special for me, but i dont expect it affects many of you

you`re gonna get laid?

bornaa
16-12-2003, 02:11 PM
miro, your an idiot....

DJ Corbzy
16-12-2003, 02:38 PM

yes we can.

2004 will eb special for me, but i dont expect it affects many of you

you`re gonna get laid?

haha! :lol: :clap:

eyes without a face
16-12-2003, 04:10 PM
i personally hope there is some really decent fresh talent emerging, people like Picotto, Bailey etc really tire me out!!! they have done their thing, and its time to move over and let the new breed come through.

nights wise SPLIT is looking very impressive and im made up for Chris, as both a friend and a dj i look up to, he's doing the business right now. That will be one superb night indeed.

i personally for 2004 aim to get my studio completely up and running and fingers crossed for a release near the end of the year, i also hope to increase the volume of my dj bookings! (which is looking very hopefull if everything goes to plan)

tioneb
16-12-2003, 05:50 PM
you`re gonna get laid?

no this is for 2024 there was a typo in my original message

anx
16-12-2003, 06:19 PM
i think patrick dsp is going to do well next year. he's already doing awesome

MARKEG
16-12-2003, 07:04 PM
sorry guys, had to lock the thread until miro's spoken to a few ppl who replied to something he wrote. just trying to be fair :)

MARKEG
16-12-2003, 07:07 PM
unlocked :)

dan the acid man
16-12-2003, 07:07 PM
i just bloody typed out a message then aswell :rambo: :lol: :lol:

i,ll have another go

MARKEG
16-12-2003, 07:10 PM
whoops... it was all just me being silly...

MARKEG
16-12-2003, 07:11 PM
anyway forget.. let's get back on track.

dan the acid man
16-12-2003, 07:11 PM
i really liked some of michael burkat,s releases this year, henry cullen released some good solid stuff as usuall and ant has gone upto another level this year.
as for the future, i really like king johnny funk,s stuff, patrick dsp is going to do well and jimfish has started well also.

miromiric.
16-12-2003, 07:12 PM
lol!

i asked mark to lock another thread, not this one! but i wasnt specific enough, that was my bad. sorry folks, carry on.

John Vella
16-12-2003, 08:08 PM
:doh:

-jOHNNY

Bughead
16-12-2003, 11:30 PM
2004 = harder and faster

bring it on..!!!!!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==