PDA

View Full Version : More mixes on the way from Guy McAffer...

Si the Sigh
21-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Just got this email from Guy:

got lots of mixes to do:

blues n country
rock n roll & surf
jazz
and ska

keep you posted

glad you like em

respect

Guy

Bring on the Ska & Jazz mixes! :)

Really looking forward to those.

Aratron
21-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Just got this email from Guy:

Bring on the Ska & Jazz mixes! :)

Really looking forward to those.

bizarre

pity he doenst know how you ve been slaggin him off for years and contributed to his poor record sales and the demise of the scene

rhythmtech
21-02-2008, 09:04 PM
bizarre

pity he doenst know how you ve been slaggin him off for years and contributed to his poor record sales and the demise of the scene

thats harsh.. si has been expressing an opinion on guy's tastes which he is perfectly entitled to.

we all have our opinions on music, and si is perfectly entitled to his the same as anyone else.. (even if he talks thru his arse sometimes.. eh si? :lol: :wink: )

acidpisar
21-02-2008, 09:10 PM
bizarre

You aren't right here mate.
Si only told his opinions...thats different thing.

I do know many artist that are releasing poor stuff recently...but it doesn't mean that if i wrote it i hate them and don't like everything from them.

Athar
21-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Exaclly,
im bit bored when i gettin sounding same loops by guy in raw series again, i agreed with most comments by si here.
But to be honest hes a great producer over the years, really respect him,
he will get my support everytime when i will get something different, fresh or new than usually. Like his funk mixes posted while ago on boa.

Aratron
21-02-2008, 09:42 PM
You aren't right here mate.
Si only told his opinions...thats different thing.

I do know many artist that are releasing poor stuff recently...but it doesn't mean that if i wrote it i hate them and don't like everything from them.

i exagerated dude. at one point he was ott in his criticism and quiet about even good releases in my humble opinion. (in the past)

Si the Sigh
22-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Thing is with me, I don't hide behind a PC and do say these things to peoples faces. Mark EG, Chris Lib, DAVE, Ant, Rackitt, and Guy all regularly play for us down at Atmosphere, and I tell them to their faces what I think of stuff. All feedback, good or bad is positive IMO, and I'll be honest. I may be blunt on here because I can't be arsed to type loads sometimes, but my passion for music means I'll spend loads of time talking about it in a positve or negative way with that person face to face.

Aratron
22-02-2008, 07:52 AM
Thing is with me, I don't hide behind a PC and do say these things to peoples faces. Mark EG, Chris Lib, DAVE, Ant, Rackitt, and Guy all regularly play for us down at Atmosphere, and I tell them to their faces what I think of stuff. All feedback, good or bad is positive IMO, and I'll be honest. I may be blunt on here because I can't be arsed to type loads sometimes, but my passion for music means I'll spend loads of time talking about it in a positve or negative way with that person face to face.

hmmm ok. so you have had met Geezer and told him face to face on a night out that his acid techno is lame? sure.

Si the Sigh
22-02-2008, 07:53 AM
As I've said a million times on here, Guy is an amazing producer. I can't even count how many quality acid tracks are in my collection from him, but I really do believe his older work is his best. You can't like acid techno and not like The Geezer. :)

Best thing I've heard from him for bloody ages are these mixes he's posting, the music that influenced him. Utterly superb! More please.

Si the Sigh
22-02-2008, 07:59 AM
hmmm ok. so you have had met Geezer and told him face to face on a night out that his acid techno is lame? sure.

No, read the post agin.

I said, I may be blunt on here, but face to face I'll be constructive with my critisim. Same as on here I'd probably just tell you to fu*k off. But face to face say, christ you can be a proper wind up merchant online sometimes you shit stirring bugger you.:lol:

Aratron
22-02-2008, 08:21 AM
No, read the post agin.

I said, I may be blunt on here, but face to face I'll be constructive with my critisim. Same as on here I'd probably just tell you to fu*k off. But face to face say, christ you can be a proper wind up merchant online sometimes you shit stirring bugger you.:lol:

:lol:

Si the Sigh
22-02-2008, 08:46 AM
:)

278d7e64a374de26f==