PDA

View Full Version : Thom Yorke - The Clock (Surgeon Remix) - XL Recordings

Si the Sigh
21-02-2008, 03:44 PM
http://www.xlrecordings.com/thomyorke/release/~harrowdown-hill-the-bug-remix-th/

Anyone know if there's any audio clips of this online? I've looked and can't seem to find anything...

ampassasinbirmingham
21-02-2008, 03:58 PM
www.boomkat.com

also check the modeselektor rmx!!!

Pm me and ill send you a copy!! it was free on the earaser website!

Si the Sigh
22-02-2008, 07:36 AM
PM'd you mate. :)

Si the Sigh
22-02-2008, 07:39 AM
Forgive me if I'm being stupid, but I can't see where I can hear audio clips?

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=72528

I'm confuddled...

kev
22-02-2008, 01:26 PM
http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=70461

ampassasinbirmingham
22-02-2008, 07:59 PM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QF6KITIF

DVNT
22-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Boomkat. Wicked site. Wicked tune.

I'm a sucker for the Various Production and Burial remix too. :D

dirty_bass
23-02-2008, 01:38 AM
None of them have the Surgeon remix though.

Didn`t really like any of those remixes.
The burial was ok, but it wasn`t a remix, it was a burial tune with thomyorke crow barred into it.

Can no one remix anymore?

ampassasinbirmingham
23-02-2008, 11:50 AM
ive posted the surgeon remix in the megaupload link above!

RDR
24-02-2008, 02:46 PM
it was alright i suppose but didnt really feel it.

Si the Sigh
25-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Cheers guys, just taken a listen. Not Surgeon's best work, but an ok track IMO.

module
25-02-2008, 10:29 AM
first listen, i wasnt impressed at all..

after 3 - 4 weeks, i realised the Surgeon mix was golden.. on a rig, its totally different.. the vocal jus sits above the groove.. fantastic stuff.

didnt like the other mixes, but its all objective, so each to his own i guess :)

eyeswithoutaface
25-02-2008, 07:24 PM
wasnt into any of them really

the surgeon remix is just as shoehorned as the burial, some things just dont sit well over your standard techno fare and i think Thom Yorkes voice is one of them, whilst being something of beauty at times of course.

not for me this at all, something very calculated about it all to be honest, not in an evil way of course, like trying to take over the world or something, how elaborate that would be, but it just kinda feels like someone's thought there's some more money to be made somewhere.

Ok for radiohead/thom yorke fans but quite niche remixes regardless i think

dirty_bass
25-02-2008, 07:50 PM
I dunno about niche.
Thom Yorke is massive.

The surgeon mix I expect will work pretty well for the big rooms, It`s fairly simple.
Just big kicks and the vocal more or less, so not really shoehorned.
Almost something you`d expect on bootek, but far far less cheesy.

eyeswithoutaface
25-02-2008, 08:56 PM
well i dont think it actually works well, so in that sense its certainly shoehorned for my liking. It's very rare these kind of "massive artist meets relatively small underground producers" remix things actually work, for me, this doesnt, and im a huge radiohead/thom yorke fan.

i meant niche from the underground producers pov, or a better way of putting it, i think more people will be buying it just because its a thom yorke release as such, and not because its Surgeon on remix duties. If you could call it a remix, like you say, its got more of a personal kinda bootleg vibe about it

either way, not for this time

module
26-02-2008, 09:26 AM
i think it fits wonderfully.. when it first drops in the mix, its jus so odd.. wether you think its 'shoehorned' is surely jus objective opinion eyes.. you cant really tell us were wrong for liking it, or your right for disliking it.. its there.. like it or not. and i do :)

and its been kicking out for almost a year now, so its ran its course dirty.. not like its a new ting.. i havent heard it in as many sets as i thought i might.. as i said. i thought it was weak to begin with, but when i heard it over a Turbo Sound rig, it chamged my mind. much the same as the Autechre mix of 'whos Bad Hands..' which i initially was quite let down by.. but, now i'm proper impressed with it.

eyeswithoutaface
26-02-2008, 10:38 AM
i think it fits wonderfully.. when it first drops in the mix, its jus so odd.. wether you think its 'shoehorned' is surely jus objective opinion eyes.. you cant really tell us were wrong for liking it, or your right for disliking it.. its there.. like it or not. and i do :)

and its been kicking out for almost a year now, so its ran its course dirty.. not like its a new ting.. i havent heard it in as many sets as i thought i might.. as i said. i thought it was weak to begin with, but when i heard it over a Turbo Sound rig, it chamged my mind. much the same as the Autechre mix of 'whos Bad Hands..' which i initially was quite let down by.. but, now i'm proper impressed with it.

what you going on about? i didnt tell anyone they were wrong for liking it nor did i say i was right for disliking it. I also never said that it wasnt subjective, it's 2 different opinions, by basic logic, they are subjective.

you like it, i dont, its that simple, dont make it into something its not mate :wink:

module
26-02-2008, 04:18 PM
scott.. i wasnt actually aiming my post at you.. jus posting an opinion.. you feel he 'shoehorned' the vocal.. thats cool.. i dont.. no biggy.

i aint lookin to make anything.. lighten up mate..

eyeswithoutaface
26-02-2008, 05:47 PM
wether you think its 'shoehorned' is surely jus objective opinion eyes.. you cant really tell us were wrong for liking it, or your right for disliking it.. its there.. like it or not. and i do :)

err sorry pete mate but i'd say that was for me? im totally lightened up, but if someone posts something for my attention then im too reply surely?

no beef son, just genuinely puzzled as to why there was a sudden insinuation that i was actually saying people were wrong for liking it or that i was indeed right for not liking it, because that doesnt come across in any of my posts. Just me being my normal self, giving an honest opinion on someone whom i respects work, nothing more, nothing less :)

module
26-02-2008, 06:54 PM
ok.. thats fine.. aint got the time to go over the same thing :)

dirty_bass
26-02-2008, 08:23 PM
I think it`s great that a techno remix has made it onto a Thom Yorke EP to be honest.

I think his eraser album was a great thing, creatively, especially as it is within the mainstream domain.
So yeah, a techno remix associated with a mainstream artist who has managed to retain integrity and creativity is pretty cool.

Thom Yorke did use to be in a techno band though, before radiohead, so somehow I`m not surprised some techno ended up on this ep.

echodek
26-02-2008, 08:58 PM
i do like the surgeon mix, but Vogel's remixes of Black Swan are top notch

module
26-02-2008, 11:57 PM
btw scott.. didnt mean to be snotty.. i was actually heading out.. i literally didnt have the time.. again, i think ive came across muddled.. see ? i jus aint up on this forum wotnot..

but aye, horses n all that innit :)

heres one.. did ya hear the Autechre remix of Surgeons 'whos band hands...' what ya think ? i was, again, niot convinced but have grown to dig bits of it..

278d7e64a374de26f==