PDA

View Full Version : Whats Gwarn?

Aratron
21-02-2008, 08:45 PM
why are there no releases of quality techno (and acid) being released.
i'm finding it pretty depressing tbh.

rhythmtech
21-02-2008, 09:07 PM
theres loads.. but the problem is that vinyl is getting harder and harder to a) justify spening thousands on and b) distributors are getting very scared.

check out digital sales. i just bought 25 top class new tracks. ok its not vinyl but at least we're getting something and thats all that matters.

digital is better than the scene dissappearing altogether, isnt it?

Aratron
21-02-2008, 09:36 PM
theres loads.. but the problem is that vinyl is getting harder and harder to a) justify spening thousands on and b) distributors are getting very scared.

check out digital sales. i just bought 25 top class new tracks. ok its not vinyl but at least we're getting something and thats all that matters.

digital is better than the scene dissappearing altogether, isnt it?

i am coming round to that reality mate.

i just dont have the cash or time right now to go digital for want of better way to put it.

magneze
21-02-2008, 09:37 PM
There's a fair bit about I thought (not acid though) ... was quiet in the new year but that's expected surely. :confused:

Aratron
21-02-2008, 09:39 PM
There's a fair bit about I thought (not acid though) ... was quiet in the new year but that's expected surely. :confused:

it just seems to have quiet for a long time. i guess Baz is right. Digital is the format, pity it destroyed vinyl.

rhythmtech
21-02-2008, 10:28 PM
to be honest i think its more the pricing on "certain" reatailers parts thats killing vinyl. some places over here are charging €12 for an ep!!!!

but not all are bad.. kinetec (for one) seems to have sensible pricing.. but thats only one i can think off off the top of my head (sure theres pleny moe.

so blame the money hungry record companies and not the artist/public deciding to go digital to try to generate a piuttance of an in come from music sales,

stjohn
21-02-2008, 11:17 PM
not as depressing as having to hear u talk shite all the time

rhythmtech
21-02-2008, 11:28 PM
of yeah rory.. darren is booked to visit us on the weekend of the 7st march!!!! lets tar and feather the brit wanker :lol: :lol:

stjohn
21-02-2008, 11:33 PM
ah deadly! ill be up for a shindig then!!! :yup:

force
21-02-2008, 11:43 PM
of yeah rory.. darren is booked to visit us on the weekend of the 7st march!!!! lets tar and feather the brit wanker :lol: :lol:

:10:

rhythmtech
21-02-2008, 11:47 PM
ah deadly! ill be up for a shindig then!!! :yup:

you'd better be.. we're having a full on acidtechno and industrial night in the legal eagle - 2 rooms.. i have the flyer posted in events somewhere-- its called phase 2

stjohn
22-02-2008, 12:15 AM
yea i got a msg about it on Myspace.

any glist :wink:??

ill sort the yokes coke vodka ketamine upper downers aerosol butanes and we'll lick a few windows

rhythmtech
22-02-2008, 12:21 AM
ivedunno.. ill see what i can do. already have jay, mel and darren down.. might be a tight squeeze!!!

MITA
22-02-2008, 12:23 AM
i've bought flowers yesterday for my gal!

Si the Sigh
22-02-2008, 07:37 AM
http://www.ds2shop.co.uk

Where the technos at...

Aratron
22-02-2008, 07:50 AM
i've bought flowers yesterday for my gal!

gal is in female or effiminate male partner?

massplanck
22-02-2008, 10:26 AM

Where the technos at...]

word.

Im pretty happy at the moment. Alot of crap music ISNT making it vinyl. The stuff that cuts the mustard usually does.

massplanck
22-02-2008, 10:35 AM

Where the technos at...]

word.

Im pretty happy at the moment. Alot of crap music ISNT making it vinyl. The stuff that cuts the mustard usually does.

RDR
22-02-2008, 11:51 AM
]

word.

Say it louder!!!

MITA
22-02-2008, 12:12 PM
gal is in female or effiminate male partner?

shemale

massplanck
22-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Im Very Very Happy At The Moment. Alot Of Crap Music Isnt Making It Vinyl & Alot Of Great Old Stuff Has Been Repressed. I Am Having No Difficulty Finding Great New Techno On Vinyl From Ds2shop, Hardwax & Other Sites. Its A Natural Shit Filter. All The Releases I Buy Are Probably Available As A Mp3 Release But I Dont Care Anymore!

eyeswithoutaface
22-02-2008, 10:46 PM
i dont think its fair to blame mp3 as it where, if mp3 hadnt came along it would only be another format, and like mentioned something will come along one day that brushes mp3 firmly under the carpet.

shit music is basically shit music, regardless of its format. If its badly produced, then wether you put it on CD, Vinyl, Mp3 or carve the music into a ****ing slate and play the grooves with an elaborate pickup fashioned out of the hair off a swans neck, it's still going to sound badly produced.

techno suffers from a condition widely known as "i need to sound like the people i admire" syndrome. There are definately too many people trying to sound like people they admire, which ends up with a pool of records that all sound similiar without adding their own personality along the way. Sure everyone needs a starting point, but the trouble is, alot of people dont seem to have a middle point, and certainly dont have their own unique end point.

It can be tough, but like Masswank said, the current state of the scene is acting like a natural shit filter. Nowadays less and less will the distributors take music of producers, established or not, if it's badly produced or really too generic because the small window they had for taking chances has gotten so small that the builders have came round in the night and bricked the ****ing thing in. People have been forced in a round about way to improve their overall production and what they are offering, which is a great thing, as pointed out, there is alot more shit NOT making it to vinyl these days .

If you've got your own cash to throw around, then its a different story of course, it's quite easy to actually get a record pressed and out there, which is why alot of labels about maybe dont have the best quality overall, because peoples definition of quality differ wildly, and with things like ego coming into play, well, sometimes people are blinded by their own dream as it were

i dunno, its a good thing to think about, but there are still always amazing records being released, by amazing producers, so maybe its a little quick to just dismiss the whole genre for a quiet period?

anyway its ok Calvin, ive got a good new track coming out next month, everything is going to be just fine
http://www.ogimages.co.uk/products/SW01618.jpg

Aratron
22-02-2008, 11:51 PM
i dont think its fair to blame mp3 as it where, if mp3 hadnt came along it would only be another format, and like mentioned something will come along one day that brushes mp3 firmly under the carpet.

shit music is basically shit music, regardless of its format. If its badly produced, then wether you put it on CD, Vinyl, Mp3 or carve the music into a ****ing slate and play the grooves with an elaborate pickup fashioned out of the hair off a swans neck, it's still going to sound badly produced.

techno suffers from a condition widely known as "i need to sound like the people i admire" syndrome. There are definately too many people trying to sound like people they admire, which ends up with a pool of records that all sound similiar without adding their own personality along the way. Sure everyone needs a starting point, but the trouble is, alot of people dont seem to have a middle point, and certainly dont have their own unique end point.

It can be tough, but like Masswank said, the current state of the scene is acting like a natural shit filter. Nowadays less and less will the distributors take music of producers, established or not, if it's badly produced or really too generic because the small window they had for taking chances has gotten so small that the builders have came round in the night and bricked the ****ing thing in. People have been forced in a round about way to improve their overall production and what they are offering, which is a great thing, as pointed out, there is alot more shit NOT making it to vinyl these days .

If you've got your own cash to throw around, then its a different story of course, it's quite easy to actually get a record pressed and out there, which is why alot of labels about maybe dont have the best quality overall, because peoples definition of quality differ wildly, and with things like ego coming into play, well, sometimes people are blinded by their own dream as it were

i dunno, its a good thing to think about, but there are still always amazing records being released, by amazing producers, so maybe its a little quick to just dismiss the whole genre for a quiet period?

anyway its ok Calvin, ive got a good new track coming out next month, everything is going to be just fine
http://www.ogimages.co.uk/products/SW01618.jpg

good im after some nice techno to go with steve stoll stuff i've got.
seen a nice chris liebling record out, but not much else though.

...Dave...
23-02-2008, 09:43 AM
@ aratron.

stop looking at all the bullshit london sounding energy techno tosh and you will find quality:wink:

there hasn't been anything decent for years with that lot

Aratron
23-02-2008, 11:00 AM
@ aratron.

stop looking at all the bullshit london sounding energy techno tosh and you will find quality:wink:

there hasn't been anything decent for years with that lot

i know thats why im mixing steve stool with pouinding grooves these days. watch out, sounds ****ing mint.

RDR
23-02-2008, 12:30 PM
steve stool

Excrement techno.

...Dave...
23-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Excrement techno.

:lol:

Aratron
23-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Excrement techno.

steve stool :lol: i dont really mean that, im pretty obsessed with him at the mo.

fils_here
24-02-2008, 05:21 PM
there's been loadsa good releases out latley man, plenty of online shops to have a nose around, i usually flicker between juno & kinetec

BDC
25-02-2008, 01:46 AM
yep....I made the switch to digital 4 years ago and havent bought a record or played a record since....

I use traktor 3 and a vestax vci 100....so it still feels like playin...

I got wierd looks from kids and other dj's here in Phoenix at first and still do every now and then, but it delivers...and they'll all admit that...

as much as I loved good ol decks...I think the industry will shift away from them altogether (except for throwback events...haha).

with that said, I would agree that quality has been lacking as of late....which has inspired me to get off my ass once and for all and get some ideas together....

278d7e64a374de26f==