PDA

View Full Version : Eduardo Broken leg lol

davemoore
23-02-2008, 05:46 PM
always a broken leg every now and again !!!! apparantly its a bad one i went to find it on youtube but its not allowed to be shown for some reason..

Insomnia
23-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Being a Arsenal fan i fail to see what's so funny...

Terrible challenge on Eduardo, the wee man did not deserve such ruthlessness

Taylor should be shot at Dawn... (wanker)!!

Microdot
23-02-2008, 09:53 PM

nothing to do with being an arsenal fan. no one wants to see that happen to anyone (with the obvious exceptions of Joey Barton and Lee Bowyer).

here's the only clip left on youtube:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjA-p5zCPJ0

and here's another angle...

http://www.d1g.com/video/show/1812517

Spacehopper
23-02-2008, 10:04 PM
jesus i saw this..........apparantly the physio couldnt hack lookin at it!/... gotta be out for a good few months........eduardos a quality player and i hope he recovers as soon as possible.........gallas at the end of the game was pretty funny! clichy would a got a clip round the ear in the changin rooms

Insomnia
23-02-2008, 11:12 PM
nothing to do with being an arsenal fan. no one wants to see that happen to anyone

This is very true, my immediate reaction was to the title of the thread..

Just been watching it over on motd and it looked nasty indeed...

fatcollective
24-02-2008, 12:42 AM
sick tackle....may aswel of hit him with a hammer.....OUCH!!!

feel sorry for the guy...injuries like that can totally fvck your football career!

Richierush
24-02-2008, 12:57 AM
the tackle its self had no intent,eduardo was first to the ball tailor slightly late but was tryin to play the ball,wenger cant really say to much about tailor was glad to hear the the statement after the game he more or less apoligised for with a later statement,the tackle was horrible didnt really want to see it again once was enough on motd which i was glad about.its amazin how one tackle an end someones career

dan the acid man
24-02-2008, 02:33 AM
missed it live as i'd been working until 7 so was in bed, but saw it on motd, it looked horrible, injuries like that can be career threatening.

It looked like his speed just caught Taylor out with it being so early in the game and he wasn't upto that mental speed yet.

nick_anarchy
24-02-2008, 07:23 AM
really feel sorry for the guy , hes goin to be one class act in world football a very good player and one i rate with top marks !! as for the tackle well for me it was a joke i know he felt sorry after and seeing what had happened but come on the lad could be out of football for good , yes it deserved a red card i dont care what anyone says and if it was me on that pitch i would of twated the brum player it was distgusting ( sp ) he should get a ban for it ...

and even tho im a man utd fan and yes i hate arsenal the pen WAS NOT a pen but hey its a life line we needed so .....

djfase
24-02-2008, 07:46 AM

Terrible challenge on Eduardo, the wee man did not deserve such ruthlessness

Taylor should be shot at Dawn... (wanker)!!

Mate take your blinkers off. Arsenal have been commiting tackles like that for years. Every team does. Im suprised aresenal have not injured a player yet, cos lets be honest, when it goes against them they are the petulant team in the prem.

Im even more suprised blind whinging wenger eee it.

It was just an unfortunate accident against a quality player

Insomnia
24-02-2008, 08:33 AM
Mate take your blinkers off. Arsenal have been commiting tackles like that for years. Every team does. Im suprised aresenal have not injured a player yet, cos lets be honest, when it goes against them they are the petulant team in the prem.

My blinkers are off fella, i'd defend any player who is unfortunately taken out like that..

Numeric
24-02-2008, 06:09 PM
there's **** all funny about that injury

davemoore
24-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Give it a rest if you cant handle the injurys football can bring then dont play it !!! Arsanal are cunts for tackles and yes im suprised they havent hurt anyone like that before so maybe next time mr wenger lets his players loos on the challanges he will think !!!!

Insomnia
24-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Everyone who plays football knows that there is risk involved when they play..

The point here though, is that no-one bar yourself finds it funny...

Maybe next time you make a thread you word it better, that's all... :;

french_og
24-02-2008, 09:04 PM
It was a bad tackle but to be fair there have been a lot worse tackles than that this season, it was just very very unlucky on this occasion it was a leg breaker. He will miss the Euro 2008 now which is terrible for him.

Richierush
24-02-2008, 09:11 PM
i remember the derby with kuyt flyin kick that was 10 times worse than that eduardo challenge,actally theres ben millions worse than that one he just got caught in the wrong place

Microdot
24-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Give it a rest if you cant handle the injurys football can bring then dont play it !!! Arsanal are cunts for tackles and yes im suprised they havent hurt anyone like that before so maybe next time mr wenger lets his players loos on the challanges he will think !!!!

bollocks.
Is Eduardo now personally responsible for any bad challenges his team mates commit?

A very talented footballer may never play the game again.
I'd hate to imagine not being able to DJ or make tunes again (tin hat on).

DJ RE:HAB
25-02-2008, 11:01 AM
I think he should face a ban.

Having watched the tackle and seen pictures, his foot at the start was high at shin level with studs showing...

To say there is no intent id say is rubbish... People say there was no intent probably as the game had just started, but whos to say that Taylor had not been told or had gone out with intent @ the start of the game to put eduardo in his place as some defenders do to strikers to un nerve them and its all gone horribly wrong.

Thing is people say its clumsy aswell because of his player status, he's not high profile enough etc. If this was a challenge from say, Essien, Roy Keane, Viera, Gerrard, Ashley Cole, people now would be baying for blood...

It werent clumsy, he meant to rough him up for sure, thats intent...

You can see Taylors face aswell straight after he done him, trying to make out that eduardo was faking it...

The mans a donkey, if you drive a car you gotta pass a test to prove your capable of being on the road. No such things exist for footballers, but there just as likely to ruin someones life with rash, idiotic and dagerous challanges if the choose too.

example: You driving along changing your radio looking at it. Someone or thing comes out infront and smash wallop, someones seriously injured or worst.

Would this offence be punishable under the law yes... Can u justify it and say aww well u know there werent any intent on running that little girl over... so you shouldnt ne punished.

someones still injured life in tatters because of your clumisiness, bad and dangerous driving...

I know its a funny way to explain it, but the man should be punished, if u done that on a street somewhere you would get done.

french_og
25-02-2008, 12:40 PM
You do make some good points there....

The problem is football especially in the Premiership is played at such a fast pace that there is always going to be injuries from mistimed tackles. The only way to stop it would be to make football non contact and who would want to watch that? Football is already 100 times less physical than it was say 10-20 years ago.

xes
25-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Rehab,show me a tackle where the studs don't show. The studs are on the bottom of the boots,when a player flies in,studs show.

It was high,it was late. But that's about as sisnister as it gets. people need some ****ing perspective on this. Premiership football is played at a very fast rate,we get late tackles like that every week. martin is just a strong defender,and went in hard. He was late,so it caused some very bad damage. But football isn't a non contact sport. is that what people want? FFS,all this "ban him for life" shit is a f8cking joke.

especially now that there's an online petition about it.,
http://www.petitiononline.com/mataylor/petition.html

**** off.

25-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Well i never said ban him for life, but he should be banned for longer than 3 or 4 games a red gets you.

End of the day mate, no one can be sure except him whether there was any intent in it. As you stated it was high and it was late, a player with his future infront of him possibly may have his career and his whole life turned upside down.

Do you not think the punishment should be harsher to reflect the damage done by him. "flying in, high and late" resulting in eduardos injury...

Or do you think the 3 - 5 game match ban is sufficient punishment for giving eduardo compound fractures of tibula, fibula and shin...

Surely these injuries reflect the force of him flying in, high and late... They dont happen often which opens my eyes to how bad challange this was...

Eduardos out for @ least a year, possibly forever id suggest a minimum of a 6 month ban to reflect the damage he has done. After all its the minimum a court would be able to hand down such did a incident take place like this off the field, and also as a benchmark.

As others have said in earlier posts, theres been worse challanges, maybe so, but just because no one was injured doesnt make it ok. A benchmark an example may stop the lunges, late, high tackles or @ least look like the PL are doing something about the amount of bad challenges every weekend.

You say about football not being a contact sport, yes your right it should remain contact, but when you see a players foot being held in place by the sock around it, do you just let that go and say well its a contact sport "s8it happens" or do you address the problem in the hope it may not happen again.

25-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Further to this i am right in thinking there was a high profile rugby challenge which ended with the attacker being taken to court for his actions???

Microdot
25-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Further to this i am right in thinking there was a high profile rugby challenge which ended with the attacker being taken to court for his actions???

to be fair, that probably involved some kind of penetration though.

xes
25-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Sorry,wasn't saying that you were calling for the lifetime ban,that was a general comment to anyone who'll listen :lol: Um,I honestly don't know if he "deserves" a longer ban,after all,if it was accidental,then that's all it is. An accident. Yes,it was a bad one. I can't remember,what did Keano get for his deliberate stomp on haaland?

No idea about the rugby,don't follow it.

french_og
25-02-2008, 08:16 PM
The rugby incident if it was the same one was for a high tackle by Phil Greening on a French player, he caught him in the throat. The player was sueing him for hospital costs and loss of earning if i remember rightly.

Eduardo will still get his 60k a week and have all the best treatment paid for and will probably be back playing inside a year with todays treatment. Cisse and Larsson have both had minging leg breaks and both made recoverys.

Insomnia
25-02-2008, 09:15 PM
9 months they reckon and he'll be back...

Just in time for the world cup qualifier againt England apparently...

davemoore
25-02-2008, 09:23 PM
i must add if possible i would be more then willing to change the name of the title i put up as i have seen the challange now was not a nice sight .
9 months but he will lose alot of match fitness so prob be back in a year so maybe wont be playing against england but not too sure

Will
26-02-2008, 04:59 PM
I think it's bullshit saying it was late, or Eduardo was too quick, as if that makes it ok, are you saying if he'd taken the ball and the man he wouldn't have broken his leg? Should skillful players be forced to play at the speed of donkeys so they won't risk losing their foot, which was a possibility for such an injury.

There's no excuse for tackles like that, he pretty much mutilated him and could have done so permanently, so if there were any justice he'd get a ban comparable to Eduardo's lay off, otherwise where's the deterrent?

If Arsenal hadn't been so shell shocked they'd probably have rolled them over, so all they need to do is do that every game and if they only get a 3 match ban that'd be a maximum of 3 players suspended at any time which isn't going to affect them too much, especially if it's just donkeys like Taylor.

Tackles like that should be a red even if he takes the ball and not the man, take a more continental approach, otherwise donkeys will reign supreme while talented players face lengthy lay offs if not the end of their careers and possible amputations.

I think possibly the worst person in all this is Stephen Kelly trying to make out it wasn't even a red, Eduardo could have lost his foot and all he cares about is trying to excuse the actions of his team mate and act as if they're the ones who are hard done by after getting an undeserved point.

french_og
26-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Obviously you have never played the game yourself to a decent level.

Will
26-02-2008, 05:04 PM
You keep coming out with shit like that, what level have you played at then since you're so great?

davemoore
26-02-2008, 05:06 PM
i think will could be right in some aspects i mean if you do have pace and you cant use it whats the point of playing !!! but on the other hand if you are going to run past people or go in for 50 50 challanges then you do have to face the consiqunces wich i do belive eduardo has said it was 50 50 and holds no grudge so fair play to him i have alot of respect to him after saying that !!

Will
26-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Just because he's a big, magnaminous man doesn't necessarily mean Taylor shouldn't be held responsible, or wasn't in the wrong though.

davemoore
26-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Taylor is responsible without a doubt but it was not a meaningfull challange no way ! like arsen wenger said they have a very pacey team and he is suprised nothing like this has happend before now ...

Im off to play footy in a min so im gunna stop talking about it lol

Microdot
26-02-2008, 06:28 PM
I read something once that said that if diving is an illness that plagues the game, then reckless tackles are a cancer.
Always thought that put things in perspective quite well and this incident underlines that fact.

Will
28-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Very true.

Insomnia
07-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Fifa's Sepp Blatter has came out and said that Taylors tackle was an attack and that he should be banned from football..

Well i wouldn't agree with that...

Microdot
08-03-2008, 11:51 PM
To be fair, Sepp Blatter is a reactionary twat.

278d7e64a374de26f==