View Full Version : new acid techno thumper -crutch

techno_smack
26-02-2008, 05:25 PM
feedback appreciated.

its nearly there. does need some work tho and fatter 303s going on

http://www.divshare.com/download/3765262-872

techno_smack
15-03-2008, 08:37 PM
come on fellas, i want your expert opinions pleaseee.

Barely Human
15-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Just checked your track out.

Your obviously new to the game, so i'll keep my comments as direct as I can.

You should really render your tracks to a minimum of 192kbps, you lose a lot of quality on the high end and it generally makes the mix sound muddy.

In terms of the arrangement, I think it needs some more stuff going on. The first break comes in very early. Try and suck people into the first break with a nice build towards it. Word of advice, be very carefull with ride cymbals. If they are not right, they will take over the mix and sound quite washy.

In terms of production, it seams fairly balanced but its all a bit off in each frequency. I think this stems from having the kick and bass not sitting right with each other. The kick needs more boom in the bottom end, and the bass is too wide and too low overall to make an impact propperly with that kick. Try changing your kick and bass and use some compression to get a nice round sound to the bottom end.

The acid doesnt sound that bad considering. Very old school sounding.

Dont take this post the wrong way because it is important to get honest feedback. We all had to start somewhere.

Keep at it man.

techno_smack
16-03-2008, 12:54 PM
thats just the kind of helpful advice i was looking for, cheers man.

i know what your saying about rides, do you not think those rides sound too good? I was fairly happy with them .

the bass is a bit over powering and def needs some compression etc.

And cheers about the acid, Im getting very nostalgic about the old school acid sound recently. I really want to add another line or fatten it up more but im new to working with 303 sounds properly.

Any thoughts about the percussion at all?

I will def have a go at building up the first break.

thanks for the comments

DannyBlack
17-03-2008, 11:14 PM
I do like this track a lot, nice tempo nice subtle edits running through out and the acid line sounds fun, but there is a little rigidity in said lines, expand on them a bit... (if that makes sense?) over all, keep going man!! so far so good!

ritaheed
18-03-2008, 06:30 AM
i liked it - if a was out @ a club a would be bouncing about to it but i can c were IQ is coming from......kool tho!!

techno_smack
18-03-2008, 08:17 PM
cheers fellas,

i need to get to some monitors to sort it out really, or buy some. i sold them so i could party doh!

Barely Human
18-03-2008, 11:33 PM
cheers fellas,

i need to get to some monitors to sort it out really, or buy some. i sold them so i could party doh!

I have some Adam A7's for sale ;)

techno_smack
19-03-2008, 07:58 PM
how much ?

n why u selling em?

Barely Human
21-03-2008, 12:30 AM
how much ?

n why u selling em?

£450 for the pair.

Moving to Sydney in 4 weeks so I need rid of them.

278d7e64a374de26f==