PDA

View Full Version : Dj Amok's going to die????

StoQ
17-12-2003, 11:01 AM
is that truth?

Si the Sigh
17-12-2003, 11:02 AM
dunno? :eh: hows he going to die? :?:

StoQ
17-12-2003, 11:29 AM
he has problems with breathing, however i could be only a rumor.

StoQ
17-12-2003, 11:54 AM
he's also going to sell 3 of his labels: Artillery, Crowbar & Geheim :nono: :evil:

dcdn
17-12-2003, 11:54 AM
He's veery ill indeed, but not going to die, jesus whats that for rumour?? wait for him to reply on this one!

Spark
17-12-2003, 11:57 AM
He's veery ill indeed, but not going to die, jesus whats that for rumour?? wait for him to reply on this one!

Yes wait for his reply!

But i only know that he is very ill an that he has a carreerstop.. :cry:

TripleX
17-12-2003, 01:30 PM
:roll:

Ritzi Lee
17-12-2003, 01:34 PM
**** man...
if this is a joke its not funny at all!!

Buttman
17-12-2003, 01:43 PM
This is not very respectful.

Dj Audiowz
17-12-2003, 01:44 PM
****! lets hope he sound

DJAmok
17-12-2003, 02:02 PM
Well yes it´s true, I am going to die. We all will someday.....

THIS IS A RUMOR!!!! :doh:

I am very ill, that´s true, I haven´t been able to eat right for weeks (lost a lot of weight too), I´ve been having trouble breathing, especially after eating or in clubs when there´s smoke. I was in the hospital on saturday, because I was choking for air.
Anyways, I did all sorts of blood and allergy test and I get the results tomorrow evening. Worst case scenario would be, that I can no longer work as a dj (at least without an oxigen mask), but I will continue my labels.

Don´t worry, I´m not dead yet and I don´t think that what I´ve got is fatal...

Si the Sigh
17-12-2003, 02:04 PM
nightmare! sorry to hear your illman. hope they find out whats wrong with you & you get better soon.

Adverse
17-12-2003, 03:05 PM
omg.. someone has the biggest mouth on earth..

Adverse
17-12-2003, 03:06 PM
ben, i send my love and respect for whatever you choose to do as a result of this terrible development. keep your chin up.

Si the Sigh
17-12-2003, 03:06 PM
the biggest mouth on earth was measured at 7" wide!

Col
17-12-2003, 03:40 PM
Well yes it´s true, I am going to die. We all will someday.....

THIS IS A RUMOR!!!! :doh:

I am very ill, that´s true, I haven´t been able to eat right for weeks (lost a lot of weight too), I´ve been having trouble breathing, especially after eating or in clubs when there´s smoke. I was in the hospital on saturday, because I was choking for air.
Anyways, I did all sorts of blood and allergy test and I get the results tomorrow evening. Worst case scenario would be, that I can no longer work as a dj (at least without an oxigen mask), but I will continue my labels.

Don´t worry, I´m not dead yet and I don´t think that what I´ve got is fatal...

sorry to hear that. i hope things get better for you man. ;)

spiralx
17-12-2003, 03:51 PM
What a crap rumour! :nono:

Glad you're not dying, hope things don't turn out for the worst and you get better soon :)

EnDuRaNcEr
17-12-2003, 04:04 PM
Sorry to hear that too... :evil:
DJ Amok i really hope that you'll be allright.
I hope to see you here in bulgaria too,
celebrateing the new year @ Hristo Botev Hall with us :lol:

cirilo
17-12-2003, 05:38 PM
ok, u can die, after that you came to Brazil....

by the way, when you will come play here ???

we r waitng for you and sven...

dan the acid man
17-12-2003, 05:47 PM
the biggest mouth on earth was measured at 7" wide!

si the sigh,s useless fact of the day
;) :lol: :lol:

Dustin Zahn
17-12-2003, 07:12 PM
hope you get well!

Sunil
17-12-2003, 07:30 PM
hope you get well!

Me too.

The Overfiend
17-12-2003, 09:02 PM
Yeah feel better man

DJAmok
17-12-2003, 09:17 PM
Thanks guys, really appreciate your support. It feels good to know there are people who care :oops:

In a few hours we will know more.

I just hope it´s not what I think it is.

eyes without a face
17-12-2003, 09:44 PM
best wishes mate, youl be fine just you wait and see

respect

observer
17-12-2003, 09:55 PM

Nice one mate?

Col
17-12-2003, 10:04 PM
i keep getting the feeling that the title of the post was a little unsensitive.

Col
17-12-2003, 10:41 PM
i keep getting the feeling that the title of the post was a little unsensitive.

insensitive sorry :oops:

CULeX
17-12-2003, 11:28 PM
U'll get better

There are lots of fresh brains u have to play with ;)

Spirit.
17-12-2003, 11:33 PM

by the way, when you will come play here ???

we r waitng for you and sven...

Yeah! Many people are waiting Amok and Sven here in Brazil!!!

Long life to Amok! Long life to the Hard techno!! :dance:

MARKEG
17-12-2003, 11:51 PM
I can't believe the insensitive topic heading.. wow. talk about being upfront. Anyway, now we know, I just want to extend all my simpathies in your direction Ben and wish you all the best. Unfortunately I feel life is already preprogrammed and what will be will be. You can't help things, you HAVE to deal with them and move on. Think positive no matter what the outcome, my thoughts are with you man.

go|plastic
18-12-2003, 12:37 AM
Yeah, the topic title is totally not cool... put yourself in his place - logging on to a board and reading something like that...

Anyway, my best wishes go out to you Amok - get well soon!!!

JACKSTAR
18-12-2003, 01:25 AM
Sorry to hear about your illness mate, i'm sure everything will sort itself out and we'll be hearing your stomping music for many many years to come.

Onwards and upwards for sure.

P.

ps - give me your address i've got JKS008 to send you.

aphex_hn
18-12-2003, 11:51 AM
get well soon amok,best wishes...

fifoo
18-12-2003, 12:20 PM
Heh, if i believed the rumors jeff mills died 10times, clarke5x ..... :clap:

e-phoria
18-12-2003, 01:11 PM
This is very bad news... I hope that you get well soon man! You're the BEST hard-techno dj and it will be very sad if you cant play in clubs anymore. Lets just hope that it's not something serious :roll:

cheers!

StoQ
18-12-2003, 01:52 PM
damn, sorry to hear about troubles, also sorry 4 stupid topic, :doh:
i wish i could be here in neuroshocked when u smashed the ground a few weeks ago!

Gloomy
18-12-2003, 02:06 PM
Hope u get better man!

best wishes ;)

DJAmok
18-12-2003, 08:28 PM
Ok, I was at the doc´s today, here´s what came out:

I got some rather stressful symptom with my liver. It´s a birth defect and it´s not cureable, however, this is NOT related to my breathing problems.

It doesn´t actually do much, except that it can cause my skin to go yellow at times and it makes my piss dark, but that´s about it. I won´t die one day earlier because of it.

My thyroid is ok (thank god :oops: )

I´ve got a cirus in my gut, which together with this liver thing is causing me severe pain.

I´ve got some infection in my throat, which has caused quite a swelling. That was why I had trouble breathing lately. Luckily that has gone back, should be ok in a week.

And now the worst part: I´ve got extremely dry and sensitive tissue in my neck and lung, which makes me an easy target for air pollution.... in other words cigarette smoke. Usually I can take it to a certain degree but in some clubs I will need either an asthma spray or an oxygen mask. How far this will affect my future as a dj; I don´t know. I´ll take the spray along the next gigs and see how it works. If not, I´ll need the silly mask :roll:
(Either that or those lazy-ass european bums finally get their asses in gear and put a ban on smoking in clubs and bars.... yeah right, like that´s ever gonna happen. :neutral: )

Anyways: The good news of the day is, I´m not gonna die ;) and I will continue my labels, my producing and as far as goes my djing. I am not giving up that easily :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

DJAmok
18-12-2003, 08:30 PM
oh and one more thing...... no more rumors please ;)

Col
18-12-2003, 09:39 PM
at least it wasnt something much more serious. im pleased for you.

hopefully, the spray will work. if not dj'ing in a gas mask sounds pretty fu*king sick!!! :twisted: i think the gas mask would go down a storm.

all the best amok. ;)

DJAmok
18-12-2003, 09:52 PM
not gas mask; oxygen mask :nono:

still, I think Jacko killed all the "coolness" that idea could ever have. this would only be my last option. It would piss me off, but no longer djing would piss me off even more ;)

dan the acid man
18-12-2003, 10:00 PM
good luck for what ever the future may hold for you ;)

The Overfiend
18-12-2003, 11:10 PM
Yeah man keep your head up. Either way Im sure the mask wont get in the way of your passion. I know you would wear it if it was the only way to stay healthy and dj at the same time.

Methodixxx
18-12-2003, 11:48 PM
Good to hear you can still play out Amok, hopefully it doesn't bother you too much...

Keep doing the shit you love doing and all will be well ;)

MARKEG
18-12-2003, 11:51 PM
no you've got to look positive at this man. the mask will NOT be a problem in the clubs.....

Col
19-12-2003, 12:05 AM
not gas mask; oxygen mask :nono:

still, I think Jacko killed all the "coolness" that idea could ever have. this would only be my last option. It would piss me off, but no longer djing would piss me off even more ;)

apologies :oops:

you seem a strong character, and your passion will shine straight through even if it comes to that anyway. as mark basically said dont let it become an obstacle.

Methadon
19-12-2003, 12:31 AM
Anyways: The good news of the day is, I´m not gonna die ;) and I will continue my labels, my producing and as far as goes my djing. I am not giving up that easily :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

Great man ! :clap: :clap: :clap: so the party @ Neuron was not the last one :oops: :oops: hope to see you again in Poland :twisted:

The Overfiend
19-12-2003, 04:11 AM
ok he's fine i say lock the topic its a f**ked topic headline.

Adverse
19-12-2003, 04:28 AM
he isn't fine you twat.

The Overfiend
19-12-2003, 04:48 AM
he's not going to die dick.

Ma$o
19-12-2003, 06:35 AM
amok...please spin your vinyls in thuringia/germany...i want to have a big party with your set ;)!

Ritzi Lee
19-12-2003, 07:59 AM
28-02-2004: Mad Sessions
Dj's: Amok (DE), Spark (NL), Emilio Ferreira (NL), David & Tim (NL)
Mad Sessions @ Club 020 Amsterdam

Are you still going to spin over here?

Methadon
19-12-2003, 08:56 AM
amok...please spin your vinyls in thuringia/germany...i want to have a big party with your set ;)!

rather cd's than vinyls :clap:

http://www.liebrand.nl/cd/italo/cdj1000.gif

StoQ
19-12-2003, 09:48 AM
great to hear good news!!! NO MORE RUMORS/Kill me if u want :)) hehehe, waitin for the next set in Poland :)) :twisted:

Gluon
19-12-2003, 11:37 AM
From next year the government here are banning all smoking in clubs ... (new york style)

Kinda wondering how it will work out.... hope it does as I have asthma...

Now all this stupid backward country needs to sort out is closing times... (everything is shut in this supposedly cosmopolitan city at latest 3.00)

-A

dcdn
19-12-2003, 12:05 PM
here in holland the government set up a roadmap for banning of smoking in public area's (bars, clubs, trains) and they would ban smoking from the 1st of january 2004, WOULD because they encountered heavy resistance from bar and club owners all over the netherlands. Now the ban for non smoking is only valid in trains and train stations and at work offices (or at least separate non-smoking chambers from the smoking)
they made a deal with the bar and club owners that they seek solutions for better airconditioning or something more effective in the coming years otherwise the ban will also go through here.

DJAmok
19-12-2003, 12:31 PM
you know what would be the best solution? force every club to have a seperate smoking section, just like airports and tran stations do. now THAT would make sense, but I don´t see it happen in the near future. smoking is just way too popular on this **** continent

hmm... i should calm down

Buttman
19-12-2003, 01:08 PM
you know what would be the best solution? force every club to have a seperate smoking section, just like airports and tran stations do. now THAT would make sense, but I don´t see it happen in the near future. smoking is just way too popular on this **** continent

WORD! Smoking is disrespectful!

Bughead
19-12-2003, 01:46 PM
Look to the positives. Good to hear that that "you're OK" , so this will probably mean more time in the studio.

http://cards.webshots.com/cards/32/e7032.html

Yeah hopefully over here in Ireland smoking is banned as and from the 1st of Jan in all public places, so you can come over here and dj, shouldnt be a problem.

hmm... i should calm down

spiralx
19-12-2003, 08:47 PM
Glad to hear it's not anything more serious! I hope the spray works out for you, but if not the mask isn't going to be something that should hamper you providing fat techno beats :)

The Divide
20-12-2003, 01:58 AM
good to hear your resurected :clap: :clap: :clap:

I too hate smoking, but I am partial to a sly joint when security arnt looking. I think it cant be outlawed in clubs completely but smoking areas would be a good idea. Perhaps a smokers room or something like you said. I esp cant stand it in a smokey pub tho, gets right up my nostrils hehe

DJ Corbzy
20-12-2003, 02:19 AM
I am a full on nicotine head, but I still think that smoking areas in pubs/clubs is a good idea, this is a prime example why..

Best Wishes to yourself DJ Amok, I hope you make a speedy recovery.

All the Best in the Future... ;)

Adverse
20-12-2003, 02:20 AM
ben you sod. people love you. chin up y know :)

chin up brother.

DJAmok
21-12-2003, 11:33 AM
spray dosn´t work. tested it tonight.

grumpy l' amok is in a good mood though for once. my set was ok, even though I could hardly breathe.

looks like it will be the mask after all

crap

Pathogen
21-12-2003, 11:49 AM
all the best amok, i hope your health and situation gets better soon and you can carry on with your djing mate, would like to hear you in the UK sometime ;)

get well soon mate :)

meri
21-12-2003, 12:05 PM
looks like it will be the mask after all

No problem, it will go with your scary music ;)

Good luck for the future

C McW
22-12-2003, 03:39 AM
New to this forum, just wanted to drop in and wish you all the best...

We in Australia love what you do!!

davethedrummer
22-12-2003, 01:41 PM
sorry to hear you are having trouble amok
smoking is evil for sure
i have tried so money times to give up but i still do it.
but i hate it in clubs when it gets so smokey your eyes hurt
like last sat in croatia

hope things improve for you

spiralx
23-12-2003, 03:19 PM
...would like to hear you in the UK sometime ;)
Seconded! :)

DROID
30-12-2003, 09:23 AM
here in Los Angeles smoking has been banned in public venues for years. its okay i suppose.....all the clubs do have required seperate areas for smoking because of this but for some reason some still manages to get INSIDE the venue. i suppose its not as bad as 38u4083209 people smoking inside the club like in europe though :X i noticed that on my trip to london. i can see why it might be hard to breathe under those conditions.

hopefully those countries who are banning smoking INSIDE public venues follow the same lead as LA?

Zymo
01-01-2004, 06:37 PM
maybe u should wear a darth fader mask to make it cool :cool:

:cry:

jonnyspeed
02-01-2004, 05:30 PM
hopefully those countries who are banning smoking INSIDE public venues follow the same lead as LA?

Banning smoking has to be wrong - who wants to live in a nanny state that tells you what you can and can't do? We are just making progress in getting smoking weed accepted in public, which has been immorally banned for year because of American pressure on the rest of us.

MistaMischief
03-01-2004, 12:55 AM
.........Get better soon..Hope All goes well....

miromiric.
03-01-2004, 01:17 AM
smoking is evil for sure
like last sat in croatia

why didnt little karlo protect you from the evil croatian smokers? :oops:

karlo
03-01-2004, 01:19 AM
smoking is evil for sure
like last sat in croatia

why didnt little karlo protect you from the evil croatian smokers? :oops:

****er...im smoker too :cool:

The Overfiend
03-01-2004, 03:26 PM
Quit now before you hit your 20's.

karlo
03-01-2004, 03:54 PM
Quit now before you hit your 20's.

Yep :rambo: im 19 :cool:

Esox Lucius
03-01-2004, 03:59 PM
if smoking doesnt kill you, something else will!! :lol:

eyes without a face
03-01-2004, 05:08 PM
im a smoker too, and im gonna go out on a limb and say.... I ****IN ENJOY IT!!! any smoker knows that there is nothing like that first drag of the day, it may sound sad, but so what!

also, its a little know fact that cancer is something your born with, u are either born with the specific gene that causes cancer or your not, smoking obviously doesnt help with trying to keep cancer away, but if your going to get it then your going to get it!

jonnyspeed
05-01-2004, 01:54 PM
just got a copy of CS002 - willy willy wicked! Like it alot! Have to have a few more listens to be more subjective.

spiralx
05-01-2004, 02:26 PM
just got a copy of CS002 - willy willy wicked! Like it alot! Have to have a few more listens to be more subjective.
Me too, and I'm still enjoying it a few listens later :)

serox
06-01-2004, 08:34 AM
yeh get well soon amok. smoking is a nasty habit, anyone know good ways to beat it let me know.

278d7e64a374de26f==