PDA

View Full Version : BIG F**K OFF GERMAN BASS NOISES---HOW???

Janet Jinx
16-01-2003, 12:35 PM
Yes I'm looking for that zub zub zub zub german bass noise as found on overdose/pulse loadsa hardstyle stuff etc etc etc

anyone got any hints on patches or samples???

How do I get this sound...????

flutlichtjunky
16-01-2003, 02:53 PM
i think this is a question everyone would like to know really.

The best ive done my self is via a square wave with the filter attack being ramped up via the adsr. This does your basic 'wap' type noise an early example is http://www.fuktstereo.com/dont-stop.zip its about 1.25mb unfortunately. this is a tune i stared working on and then stopped for the moment. It is really really basic and no where finished and recorded @ a very lo bitrate but the bass uses the above method.

Another good way is to create a gabba kick via distortion then reverse it. The problem is that it is not - musically pitched but you can find common harmonics so that it will fit with the rest of your music.

I see that you use the virus - pretty much all producers have one in their sutdio - its is the one to use really, that and the nord which wavetraxx said scot project uses for his basses.

Jungalist is another good instrument to use - guyver uses it on his productions and it does a wicked arome double off beat bass noise.

I hope this helps a little,but it this really is the $64,000 question.

Hopefully i will be able to find this out in the future.

Janet Jinx
16-01-2003, 03:16 PM
Thankyou for your tips, I realise that most people who create stupidly phat bass noise like to keep it all secret which is why I am struggling...it is I guess trial and error. I will have a listen to what you've done and have a go at what you've said and see how I go on....
Many thanks
Janet

darkstar
17-01-2003, 06:07 AM
Hey flutlichtjunky that tracks pretty damn good i love near the end when the bass line changes with the melody !

flutlichtjunky
17-01-2003, 01:34 PM
Hey thanks alot.

But ive only really spent a couple of hours on it so the only thing thats staying is the bit where the 'modem' noise comes in, other than that the melody / riffs are all gonna be out of there.

Going to work hard on it this weekend. Got a nice goa style riff idea and gonna get on the mic and make some nice fx.

The track is going to be called 12th planet based on the theory of a 12th plant in our solar system called nibiru by the sumarians around 6000 years ago.

its hopefully going to be dark and twisted in a shokk.lab 4 kinda way.

Im going to be working on replicating that german sound, so if i find anything out ill let everyone know :D

FJ

darkstar
17-01-2003, 07:33 PM
Can i check it out when u've finished it ? cant wait to hear it man, i like the modem sound bit aswell Very good !

278d7e64a374de26f==