PDA

View Full Version : recording mp3s to cd so they play on mp3 cd players

techno_smack
29-02-2008, 10:55 AM
been trying to do this recently just using windows copy function but it keeps coming up as error-16 on my cd player.

does anyone know a program thats good for copying mp3 to disks?

BloodStar
29-02-2008, 11:36 AM
EDIT: I just noticed you want to play them on mp3 CD players.... so my answer was nonsense..

mattboyslim
01-03-2008, 09:35 AM
as far as I was aware, mp3 disks are just data disks full of mp3s. Don't think there is a specific burn method, although some burn programs do offer an mp3 disk option. Might be worth checking Nero out

tonyc2002
01-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Nero will do it. At least a version I had several years ago would do it so I assume the latest version's will take care of it.

acidsaturation
01-03-2008, 10:10 AM
What's error 16..? That might tell you.

Is it some serial copy management nonsense, I know when we tried to do some for my ex to put of a crap mp3 player, ripping with windows media player they played on the PC, but didn't when they were copied on to the player. Used soundforge in the end (which was a pain 'cos she was then hogging my studio PC for ages).

aphex_hn
01-03-2008, 11:42 AM
try burning them at a lower speed, like 8x or 16x?
some players have problems with reading cds burned at high speeds

RDR
01-03-2008, 12:11 PM
dont bother with windows copy

get nero or another program.

MP3 CDs are just CDs burnt with MP3's as data on them they need no special method and will retain their ID3 tags as well.

Nice!

A posible cause of the error 16 i would bet is to do with file names, windows HATES long file names which have symbols such as &$£"'. in them. if you must use symbols use safe ones like _ - ( ) i always use _ very rarely anyting else as this helps if uploading to a server.

HTH

techno_smack
01-03-2008, 01:46 PM
dont bother with windows copy

get nero or another program.

MP3 CDs are just CDs burnt with MP3's as data on them they need no special method and will retain their ID3 tags as well.

Nice!

A posible cause of the error 16 i would bet is to do with file names, windows HATES long file names which have symbols such as &$£"'. in them. if you must use symbols use safe ones like _ - ( ) i always use _ very rarely anyting else as this helps if uploading to a server.

HTH

Ah right. cool well i got nero with the laptop, i hope this works. They did have some really long file names .

Thanks for the replies chaps

278d7e64a374de26f==