PDA

View Full Version : Reason

TheRev
03-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Anyone here use Reason?

I know it's kind of crap... but...

I just got a copy on my desk at work to do some sound design stuff - and wondering if there's any funny online checks to see if you installed it on other machines etc. like there are with Live.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

RDR
03-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Reason does not (to my knowledge) employ copy protection in the same fashion as Ableton Live.

And BTW... its not crap.

Elvio Neto
03-03-2008, 10:11 PM
reason is a very powerfull tool , i allways rewire him in my daw´s (its perfect for percutions and hithats)

reason never used advanced copy protections (only serial number)

advanced copy protections are not good for nobody ,

1º its heavy for the systems (dongle keys etc, aleatory calls to web and that kind of stuff)
2º the piracy allways made the industry standards
3º many bugs posted on support forums are about bad craked versions , and gives bad name to the real software
4º the production costs are high becouse the company have to pay for the copy protection of each copy they sell

look the example of cubase 4 , nobody have a demo , looks like its impossible to crack , nobody use it nobody talk about it and soon nobody knows it exist

even apple saw the advantage in this and released the new logic pro 8 without advanced copy protection (only uses a simple serial number) they never sell so many macs like they are selling now!

ps: dont get me wrong , its just my point of view...

tekara
04-03-2008, 04:34 AM
Reason doesnt have liscence number protection. You are pretty much free to install to as many desktops as you want.

Having said that, it is one of the easiest and most powerful tools i have ever used. I think its one of the most versatile VST instruments out there. I call it a VST instrument because i treat it as such; it is ALWAYS re-wired to Cubase and acts as a seperate instrument.

I know tons of really sick producers out there that always lay down their ideas and sketches on Reason first, then print down to audio and sequence in Cubase. The power of Reason is amazing. The only limits is your imagination, and of course, the choices of samples you use. :)

RDR
04-03-2008, 07:22 AM
Yay for rewire!

can be buggy sometimes.

As for the power of reason, Hans Zimmer used reason 2.5 i think to do the sketching out of the music for the "Black Hawk Down" film.

Nuff said.

278d7e64a374de26f==