PDA

View Full Version : Rip DVD to wav?

massplanck
03-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Hi guys. Doesnt anyone know of any free software for ripping audio on a DVD to wav format. I was able to do it on my old PC using a special app that came with my soundcard but i'm unsure how to do this just using my laptop + bio standard card.

Any help greatly appreciated.

dirty_bass
03-03-2008, 04:08 PM
I wouldn`t mind this myself.
I always have to run soundforge and play a dvd and record internally

eyeswithoutaface
03-03-2008, 07:08 PM
yeah would definately be interested in some help on this myself, got a load of comedy dvds i want to rip for some novelty value

il have a good search later if i find owt il share the wealth

Ian R
03-03-2008, 08:48 PM
If you type in "Free DVD audio ripper" into Google there are loads of them!
I downloaded one called DVD Audio Ripper 4 and it's pretty good. Don't know about the others, much the same I guess.

eyeswithoutaface
03-03-2008, 09:44 PM
that was my plan actually

im just really lazy and usually someone ends up doing it for me, be it the maid, the butler or someone online i dont actually know

nice one

force
03-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Wavelab 5 can import dvd audio tracks.......

Not free, i know, but still...

massplanck
04-03-2008, 09:40 AM
I wouldn`t mind this myself.
I always have to run soundforge and play a dvd and record internally

Even this would do. As I dont want everything on the DVD just certain sounds. I dont have a flashy soundcard on my laptop though/ Last time I did this I had to use some weird virtual patchbay on my ESI soundcard and route directx drivers into asio drivers and mad shit. I havent got that PC & Soundcard at the moment.

Being able to record myself fast forwarding & jumping back and forth 'looking' for sounds would do.

massplanck
04-03-2008, 09:44 AM
If you type in "Free DVD audio ripper" into Google there are loads of them!
I downloaded one called DVD Audio Ripper 4 and it's pretty good. Don't know about the others, much the same I guess.

cheers. i had done that but couldnt find anything free. i got a trial version which lasts for 30 days so that should do. Now all i need to do is visit the local video store. ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==