PDA

View Full Version : MIDI COntroller Keyboards - reccomend me one please!

Dave Elyzium
03-03-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm using a mix of Reason 4.0 and Ableton Live have always used a mouse never tried the joys of a controller keyboard so can anyone reccomend one please and also does the need for realtime monitoring of what you are playing on a controller mean a step up to a dedicated pro audio soundcard rather than my PC's internal??

theledge
03-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Well, I like the Novation Remote SL's

Everything and more a controller should be, IMO, although opinion seems a bit mixed on this forum for some reason

http://www.novationmusic.co.uk/images/ReMOTE_25SL.gif

These are really an investment, fully programmable and customizable and come supplied with endless templates for popular hardware and software applications, synths, samplers etc. Absolutely lovely even if they are a bit on the high end price-wise

Not sure what you mean by internal PC sound, if you mean you have a standard consumer PCI soundcard, depends on the make really, some of them have usable latency if you get the right drivers (I used to use a Soundblaster card with some hacked EMU drivers which worked fine)

If you literally mean internal PC sound then yes, you definitely need a new soundcard of some sort, thats another question entirely really

Hope that helps

Dave Elyzium
04-03-2008, 10:16 AM
thanks ledge I'll have a ganders :)

278d7e64a374de26f==