PDA

View Full Version : Champions league Results..

Insomnia
04-03-2008, 10:11 PM
AC Milan 0- 2 Arsenal
Barcelona 1-0 Celtic
Man utd 1-0 Lyon
Sevilla 3-2 Fenerbahce (extra time being played)

Well that was a great performance from us tonight, the best i think i've seen us play all season, i aint even got a bad word to say about Sendoros..

Really chuffed with the score and performace, super goal from Fabregas and great work from Walcott to make the 2nd. (happy days)

Microdot
04-03-2008, 10:54 PM
just watching the arsenal game now.
looks like they dominated.

Insomnia
05-03-2008, 12:32 AM
Sevilla 3-2 Fenerbahce (extra time being played)

Fenerbahce won 3-2 on penalties..

Great result for Zico and the crew..

Numeric
05-03-2008, 09:35 AM
great result for Arsenal, fair do's

United were mediocre and labored

DJ RE:HAB
05-03-2008, 09:50 AM
That United game was terrible. You should of demolished that team at old trafford. Apart from his goal, Ronaldo was terrible...The commentators, pleat and that other muppet deary deary me.. They want his asshole like u numeric, even when he was putting free kicks into the wall and losing possession they still wouldnt say a bad word about him...

Anyhow, Crap Game...

Arsenal class though, done what united couldnt last season even without eduardo... Amazing result...

Interesting fact, Fergie hasnt name an unchanged side since August...

fatcollective
05-03-2008, 09:57 AM
United didn’t have a great game last night but we got the job done, we started well but the final ball wasn’t great, defence was pretty solid, Nani played pretty good, Rooney seemed to be hounded with about 3 players around him all the time… I think if were gonna play a better team in the next stage were gonna have to alter the team slightly....I’d like to see J S Park in the starting line up…and think Hargreaves should play instead of Fletcher...but lets see what happens, the main thing is we got through!

Amazing win for arsenal, first English team to beat Milan ...ever I think...great goals too, think they could have scored many more to be honest!

So its pretty much looking like 4 British clubs are gonna go through as im sure Liverpool should hold it together tonight and I think Chelsea will wake up and get a win!!

Anyone know when the draw for the quarters are?

Gonna be very interesting indeed! Can’t wait!!

:wink:

fatcollective
05-03-2008, 10:02 AM

well when your fighting for 3 trophys, i think its crucial to rotate especially at this stage of the season!! this is something united were unable to do last year, this year united have a strong squad and fergie's making full use of it!

Numeric
05-03-2008, 10:06 AM
That United game was terrible. You should of demolished that team at old trafford. Apart from his goal, Ronaldo was terrible...The commentators, pleat and that other muppet deary deary me.. They want his asshole like u numeric, even when he was putting free kicks into the wall and losing possession they still wouldnt say a bad word about him...

Anyhow, Crap Game...

Arsenal class though, done what united couldnt last season even without eduardo... Amazing result...

who cares about his performance when he scored the winning goal?

it was a poor show from United last night but we got the result and that's all that matters, Cristiano has 30 goals this season, he doesn't shine is every game but he scores more often than not and that's what is most important

Sir Alex is rotating the team at the moment with great results, every player is getting their chance and doing well

Insomnia
05-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Anyone know when the draw for the quarters are?

Good question, Liverpool dont play Inter till next week so it might be after that..

If Chelsea get through the night i would like them to be honest...

05-03-2008, 11:48 AM
who cares about his performance when he scored the winning goal?

it was a poor show from United last night but we got the result and that's all that matters, Cristiano has 30 goals this season, he doesn't shine is every game but he scores more often than not and that's what is most important

Sir Alex is rotating the team at the moment with great results, every player is getting their chance and doing well

Well i was gonna say how benitez gets slated on these boards for rotating so much.

And i was surprised to hear it that fergie has done it so much.

Microdot
05-03-2008, 12:18 PM
not sure youse lot watched the same game as me last night.
United did ok, they never really got into top gear but spread the play well and never really let Lyon in the game.
What looked like a nightmare draw when the names came out the hat turned out to be fairly straightforward.

They laboured in the second half and nearly let Lyon back in it, but to say they played poorly is an exaggeration to say the least.
Ronaldo's goal was phenomenal. To finish with his left with the ball moving away from him like that showed pure class.
Fletcher was fantastic last night and Nani put in a decent show. Rooney and Anderson were dissapointing.

United will have to perform better than that if they're to beat one of the English or Spanish teams left in though.

Looks certain they'll be 4 english teams in the QFs now.

05-03-2008, 12:40 PM
not sure youse lot watched the same game as me last night.
United did ok, they never really got into top gear but spread the play well and never really let Lyon in the game.
What looked like a nightmare draw when the names came out the hat turned out to be fairly straightforward.

They laboured in the second half and nearly let Lyon back in it, but to say they played poorly is an exaggeration to say the least.
Ronaldo's goal was phenomenal. To finish with his left with the ball moving away from him like that showed pure class.
Fletcher was fantastic last night and Nani put in a decent show. Rooney and Anderson were dissapointing.

United will have to perform better than that if they're to beat one of the English or Spanish teams left in though.

Looks certain they'll be 4 english teams in the QFs now.

It was a good finish, but on the other hand he was near enough on the 6 yard box and right infront of goal... If someone of his quality cant score from there then theres problem. To call it phenonemal is OTT.

Phenonemal was Fabregas goal, Ronaldos was average id expect him to put that away as you would and every other commentator, fan etc, you could tell as soon as he got as did the commentators he was gonna bury it...

Hes hit and miss with his free kicks like, i thought liverpool were bad...

Numeric
05-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Well i was gonna say how benitez gets slated on these boards for rotating so much.

And i was surprised to hear it that fergie has done it so much.

when you're fighting on three fronts it's essential to rotate, and it's knowing what players to change too, Sir Alex gets it wrong from time to time but recently he's been spot on

Benitez never seems to get get it right

Microdot
05-03-2008, 02:30 PM
It was a good finish, but on the other hand he was near enough on the 6 yard box and right infront of goal... If someone of his quality cant score from there then theres problem. To call it phenonemal is OTT.

Phenonemal was Fabregas goal, Ronaldos was average id expect him to put that away as you would and every other commentator, fan etc, you could tell as soon as he got as did the commentators he was gonna bury it...

Hes hit and miss with his free kicks like, i thought liverpool were bad...

obviously you've never tried to tuck away that kind of chance.
never said fabregas' goal wasn't phenomenal, as it was pure class. didn't say that Ronaldo's was in the same class either.
but it was a phenomenal finish, no two ways about it. you're just to bitter to acknowledge it...

I heard liverpool have passed on the opportunity to play in the inter toto next season btw.

C.O.Prodigy
06-03-2008, 12:51 AM
roma play nice..

Insomnia
06-03-2008, 01:13 AM
roma play nice..

Yeah i saw that earlier on..

I didn't think R.madrid would of got binned the night at the Bernebau..

C.O.Prodigy
06-03-2008, 02:41 AM
Yeah i saw that earlier on..

I didn't think R.madrid would of got binned the night at the Bernebau..

not only did they get bitten but they scored a sh*t goal from an offside position and played like hey if robinho can't score we're F'ed...

also I saw that Schalke goalkeeper Manuel Neuer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Neuer) make handball type 'cougar like' saves during the match and stop two spot kicks in the shootout, also denied Quaresma in extra time when Qauresma could have passed the ball for a sure goal but got pwned by Manuel Neuer instead. Good for him, and for the german national squad I suspect.

Will
06-03-2008, 04:15 PM
I hope Arsenal don't get an English team, we play them at least twice each season as it is. Apparently that was the first time Milan lost at home in the Champions League as well, so great result and performance.

Winning the next round is the important thing, as long as we beat them I'm not too bothered who we get, though I'd prefer a foreign side, playing Liverpool in the final might be nice, but apart from that... In an ideal world we'd knock out Barcelona in the next round.

Funny that the last 4 teams to win it have all been knocked out in the 2nd round, hopefully Arsenal will be the team to end that run next season!

Will
06-03-2008, 04:17 PM
By winning it this year and getting (much) further than the 2nd round next year of course, not by getting beat by the holders in the 2nd round next year!

Will
06-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Interesting... Gazzetta dello Sport concluded matter-of-factly of last night's match: "Ancelotti's side had no chance. The English team were too strong."

Will
06-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Arsène Wenger, Arsenal manager
We eliminated the holders with a great performance. I am very proud of the players because we played with enthusiasm and dominated the game without making any mistakes. We knew we did not have to give space to players like [Andrea] Pirlo and Kaká and we were perfect in this sense tonight. In football it is very difficult to say after a game if one team was very good or if the other was not at their best but I want to focus only on my team and we played a great game tonight. We fully deserved to qualify considering both games. Still, I have lots of respect for Milan. They remain a fantastic side, especially for what they have done in recent years. Now our dream is obviously to win both the Premier League and the UEFA Champions League. This team is very hungry for success. Young players like ours want to win everything and this victory can also help us to play better in the domestic league.

Carlo Ancelotti, Milan coach
They played as they know for the whole 180 minutes while we did it only for a few periods in each game. They deserved to qualify because they pressed us both in London and Milan and did not allow us to play as we wanted to. I'm just disappointed because tonight we conceded a goal exactly when the game seemed to go our way, when we were starting to play a bit better. However I don't think we could have done much more than this. We gave our best so have no regrets. This is football. Sometimes you win, sometimes you have to accept a defeat and restart from there with a new goal. Now we have to focus on reaching the fourth place in Serie A. Their three midfielders Fabregas, [Mathieu] Flamini and [Aleksandr] Hleb did a great job pressing our midfield. Their performance was the real key over the two games. Arsenal are very good, young and full of enthusiasm. We had to be at our very best to beat them but we probably weren't tonight.

nick_anarchy
07-03-2008, 04:50 PM
i went the utd lyon game at OT and it was poor , we had a lot of the ball 1st half but tried to walk the ball in to many times, 3 players on ronaldo did the job for lyon took him out the game , nani was poor anderson did alright when tevez came on it started to open up more his work rate is unreal !!! one very good player strong and powerfull same as rooney .... we messed around a bit at the back and were lucky with one chance

good to get yet another win while not playing the our best game

roll on the next round !!

278d7e64a374de26f==