PDA

View Full Version : Groove plugins

tonyc2002
05-03-2008, 12:49 PM
I remember a while ago massplanck (apolagies if it was someone else) posted a thread about groove and groove templates and I would like to know more. Are there any plugins that I could stick on a MIDI track to create interesting grooves. My sequencer is Live 7.

Thanks in advance peeps :wink:

massplanck
05-03-2008, 01:39 PM
I remember a while ago massplanck (apolagies if it was someone else) posted a thread about groove and groove templates and I would like to know more. Are there any plugins that I could stick on a MIDI track to create interesting grooves. My sequencer is Live 7.

Thanks in advance peeps :wink:

Afraid Not. Thats why Abelton has no funk. Ive looked into it. You are only going to be able to do this in Cubase or Logic using groove templates. The templates to use are from the Akai range of sequencers. I'm going to give it a go tonight so i'll report back.

bmovie
05-03-2008, 04:50 PM
You can give Humanisator a try - it's part of Tobybear's MidiBag:

http://www.tobybear.de/images/ss_human_s.jpg

"Humanisator is a really great little plugin!
It works as some kind of "anti-quantizer",
bringing more human feel into sequenced
notes:

You can define how much and in what
range Humanisator should alter the timing,
velocity, pitch and modulation of the MIDI
stream, allowing very natural sounding and
interesting phrases to be created easily!"

http://www.tobybear.de/p_midibag.html

tonyc2002
05-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Ok thanks, Maybe Ableton will sort something out in the future because I definately want to check these out, but I'm not changing sequencer...

PS

Gonna check out that humanizer too :smile:

TechMouse
05-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Afraid Not. Thats why Abelton has no funk. Ive looked into it. You are only going to be able to do this in Cubase or Logic using groove templates. The templates to use are from the Akai range of sequencers. I'm going to give it a go tonight so i'll report back.
I might be imagining things, but isn't there a shuffle parameter on the audio clip pane?

massplanck
06-03-2008, 09:28 AM
I might be imagining things, but isn't there a shuffle parameter on the audio clip pane?

one single one-size fits all bog standard shuffle parameter does not = groove template quantization.

Its crap. Then again as has been pointed out to me abelton isnt really a powerful midi sequencer nor wants to be one. It has other strengths.

278d7e64a374de26f==