PDA

View Full Version : Draw for CL QF's and SF's

Will
06-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Friday 14th March, 1pm...

fatcollective
14-03-2008, 09:26 AM
im feeling very anxious at the moment....wonder how it gonna go!

Insomnia
14-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Bring it on!

Fenerbahce or Schalke 04 would be nice...

fatcollective
14-03-2008, 10:30 AM
Bring it on!

Fenerbahce or Schalke 04 would be nice...

in an ideal world eh?

Insomnia
14-03-2008, 10:55 AM
For sure bud, i dont fancy Barcelona or your mob quite yet...

Leave them for the later stages :;

Numeric
14-03-2008, 11:11 AM
i don't care who we get

DJ RE:HAB
14-03-2008, 11:59 AM
i don't care who we get

Sure you dont.

:yup:

Numeric
14-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Arsenal vs Liverpool :lol:

Numeric
14-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Roma vs United :)

Numeric
14-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Arsenal vs Liverpool
Roma vs United
Shalke vs Barcelona
Fenerbache vs Chelsea

Insomnia
14-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Arsenal v Liverpool

Blimey, dont know what to make of that...

The winner would meet Chelsea i see...

Insomnia
14-03-2008, 12:48 PM
I dont think Roma will be as easy this time round though..

Looking for revenge also, should be a decent encounter...

fatcollective
14-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Roma vs United :)

thats not too bad at all! buzzin!

C.O.Prodigy
14-03-2008, 01:11 PM
roma again plays first leg at home againts utd, a smell a rat

Numeric
14-03-2008, 01:12 PM
happy with the draw overall

reckon Arsenal will beat Liverpool

Will
14-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Hopefully. Potentially, if we get to the final, we could play an English team at every stage, Chelsea in the semi's, then United in the final... Hopefully we'll get our revenge on Chelsea and Barcelona though, that'd be sweet...

Have to get past Liverpool first though of course, I'd rather play them than Chelsea or United, even though they have the best record and are arguably the strongest in this competition, since there's not the same rivalry etc with them.

14-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Im happy with the draw.

Fancy going back to Anfield for the 2nd leg, and also fancy our chances of scoring at emirates...

Can see United going through, but they will have to play better than against Lyon, cant see them beating Barca in all honesty but you never know.

Pressue will be on the Arse tho, what with the challenge for the prem and having to play us in the league also before...

Liverpool Vs Barca - Final...

One game at a time tho eh.

PS. When will chelsea play anyone decent??

nick_anarchy
14-03-2008, 04:20 PM
i will have that !!! wanted liverpool but hey roma still worth yet another hammering !! tho i cant see liverpool beating arsenal , arsenal will piss all over then AGAIN

us or barca to win it

14-03-2008, 04:27 PM
I love it when we are the underdogs...

Same happened in 05, and last year...

Havent you gooners, Manures, Chavskis, learnt anything...:tongue:

Honestly... :yup:

Insomnia
14-03-2008, 04:46 PM
It'll all be about getting a result in the home game..

Though i thought that when we played Milan, so who knows...

Numeric
14-03-2008, 05:52 PM
reckon Arsenal will win both games

nick_anarchy
14-03-2008, 06:50 PM
I love it when we are the underdogs...

Same happened in 05, and last year...

Havent you gooners, Manures, Chavskis, learnt anything...:tongue:

Honestly... :yup:

so you honestly think yet again its your year ? yeh you had your moment in 05 and ?? but seeing as its liverpool we aint goin to forget it are we .....

end of the day you are playing arsenal and they aint no mugs full on english cup tie with a lot at stake !! arsenal wont slip up on this one ...

only way for you is er a drive & pen from gerrard haha

Microdot
15-03-2008, 06:03 PM
bet your house on the following outcomes:-

Arsenal to beat the scousers in the prem.
vermin to knock arsenal out of the CL on away goals.

don't forget to get me a pint with your winnings.

17-03-2008, 12:10 PM
so you honestly think yet again its your year ? yeh you had your moment in 05 and ?? but seeing as its liverpool we aint goin to forget it are we .....

end of the day you are playing arsenal and they aint no mugs full on english cup tie with a lot at stake !! arsenal wont slip up on this one ...

I never said i thought it was gonna be our year, all i said was its daft for everyone again to put us down as the underdogs..

As look what has happened before...

We will do the arse, too much pressure on such a young team with the prem and the champs league...

basslinejunkie
17-03-2008, 01:04 PM
when you get to this stage its to close to call.we'l see.

fatcollective
17-03-2008, 01:10 PM
when you get to this stage its to close to call.we'l see.

yea your right...all the teams left are worthy winners...although i could rule out shalke and fenabache...the rest of the teams have the potnetial to win! nail biting stuff!

Numeric
17-03-2008, 01:26 PM
the way Barca are playin at the moment in the league i wouldn't be suprised to see them struggle against Shalke

C.O.Prodigy
17-03-2008, 01:35 PM

some truth to this....

Will
17-03-2008, 05:08 PM
I think one of the English teams or Barca will win it, can't see any of the other teams doing it... In fact with Grant's record against big teams and in big games I wouldn't be that surprised if Fenerbahce beat them, I think they can probably be ruled out too.

C.O.Prodigy
17-03-2008, 08:07 PM
why is roma being written off?

nick_anarchy
17-03-2008, 10:09 PM
why is roma being written off?

cos of past results v Utd & how well Utd played v them in the groups even with the kids out over in rome ....

do you think roma will beat Utd
, personally i think we will beat them on both legs

Insomnia
17-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Wonder how the fans will get on this time..

Could be trouble ahead me thinks..

Microdot
18-03-2008, 12:42 AM
Wonder how the fans will get on this time..

Could be trouble ahead me thinks..

more to the point, will the Italian Police behave themselves?

lukekendall
18-03-2008, 11:33 AM
arsenal v liverpool should be an interesting game!!

got a bad feeling roma are going to do unt!! and i dont want that!!

i really want to see man unt and barca play in the semis!! that has to be the best tie going!!

Insomnia
18-03-2008, 11:47 AM
more to the point, will the Italian Police behave themselves?

True, they're very heavy handed and no questions asked....

C.O.Prodigy
18-03-2008, 11:51 AM
cos of past results v Utd & how well Utd played v them in the groups even with the kids out over in rome ....

do you think roma will beat Utd
, personally i think we will beat them on both legs

vengeance can be a great motivator, but let's stick to football

roma have a different and more seasoned squad this time around, and they have been the best team in seria a by far, even though inter is leading the competition, utd could win easily, but I also think roma could do the same this time around, it's football and one team can't keep wining all the time... guily and vucinic, aquillani and de rossi are players to look out for... mancini and totti i shouldn't even mention..

payback can be sweet, then again there is an inferiority complex to consider... can hardly wait to watch the game :)

fatcollective
01-04-2008, 11:38 AM
big game for united tonight...im sure we can pull it off...getting an away advantage is crucial!

hope the roma fans and police behave...mother fvckers!!!

Insomnia
01-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Should be a good match tonight..

Looking forward to it i have to say...

No Totti playing for Roma i've heard...

fatcollective
01-04-2008, 08:58 PM
so far so good....its only half time...but that boy ronaldo does it again.

think hargreaves should come on for anderson!

come you reds!!!

fatcollective
01-04-2008, 09:11 PM
fvckin cooome on ROOOOOONEY!!

Spacehopper
01-04-2008, 09:56 PM
united did well.....but roma were very poor.....they had trouble even keeping the ball in play never mind posession

02-04-2008, 11:00 AM
United were alright, i thought Roma deserved to nick one in all honesty. Id like to see the stats for posession in the 2nd half. Man United were bascially camped in the own half for it. There 2nd Goal was lucky and un deserved in my eyes, Roma i thought played the better football.

fatcollective
02-04-2008, 11:42 AM
United were alright, i thought Roma deserved to nick one in all honesty. Id like to see the stats for posession in the 2nd half. Man United were bascially camped in the own half for it. There 2nd Goal was lucky and un deserved in my eyes, Roma i thought played the better football.

i think united played excellent...given the fact we played away from home against a decent italian team who are doing pretty damn good right now!

Microdot
02-04-2008, 11:59 AM

yes, for a whole 15 minutes, Roma completely dominated.

to be fair though, Roma did well considering they were playing against the best team in the world at the moment.

anyway, looking forward to the dippers vs the arse tonight.
I predict an away win for the granny stabbers, but I think arsenal will murder em in the league.

Insomnia
02-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Hopefully we'll get a win on our own patch tonight, saying that a 0-0 wouldn't be the end of the world. We could do what we did to Milan again...

Looks like we will have a full team bar Rosicky and Sagna which is good to hear..

Torres will be a danger as always and our defence will have to sniff him out at every given opportunity...

Should be a good match though and one that i'm looking forward to...

02-04-2008, 03:01 PM
I reckon in all honesty.

We will get beat 2-1.

And then do you @ Anfield.

> The reason i say this is that i always get my predictions wrong. So this way we should win.

Insomnia
02-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Aye it should have been 2-1 if that dick of a Ref gave the stone wall penalty..

We will find it hard at Anfield for sure but it can be done...

Microdot
02-04-2008, 10:19 PM
the skause were very lucky again tonight.

03-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Hahaha...

Lucky... From a Man United Fan.. Priceless...

How many last minute goals have you scored again this season, or the last minute goal score by Tevez in the Champs League?

Anyhow, Penalties some get given some dont, its swings and roundabouts. Hleb probably could of stayed on his feet. He opted to go down. It didnt work. Whos too say you would of scored anyway from the penalty? Its not set in stone is it.

Bendtner. Haha..Classical... Unbelievable... Really that lad is cack...

Made me laugh. The Arse probs deserved to pip it i spose, we got our goal, great play from Stevie G. We then frustrated and closed up in the 2nd half to hit you on the break...

Simple European Football Tatics.

Im loving the chavski result even though they will probably win @ stamford bridge, if they dont... Then whoever wins @ Anfield must be guaranteed a place in the Final...

Great Stuff.

Microdot
03-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Hahaha...

Lucky... From a Man United Fan.. Priceless...

How many last minute goals have you scored again this season, or the last minute goal score by Tevez in the Champs League?

Anyhow, Penalties some get given some dont, its swings and roundabouts. Hleb probably could of stayed on his feet. He opted to go down. It didnt work. Whos too say you would of scored anyway from the penalty? Its not set in stone is it.

Bendtner. Haha..Classical... Unbelievable... Really that lad is cack...

Made me laugh. The Arse probs deserved to pip it i spose, we got our goal, great play from Stevie G. We then frustrated and closed up in the 2nd half to hit you on the break...

Simple European Football Tatics.

Im loving the chavski result even though they will probably win @ stamford bridge, if they dont... Then whoever wins @ Anfield must be guaranteed a place in the Final...

Great Stuff.

I was actually trying to be diplomatic, but if you're gonna be a dick about it.......
what I should have said was...

"liverpool f.c. are a set of spawny, granny stabbing, bin dipping, rat eating cunts"

you're correct about the simple european tactics though, bore everyfcuker to death with negative football then nick one (pun intended) just as the other team is dropping off to sleep.

scoring last minute goals has nothing to do with luck, there are 90 (well, 96) minutes in a football game. the idea is to try and win the game for all 90 of those minutes, not just 89 of them.

though I don't expect you to understand that as your team don't go out to win games, but merely to avoid defeat. which is why the skause are effective in europe but toothless in the league.
1-1 away to arsenal is a decent result in the league, but a great result in europe.

basslinejunkie
03-04-2008, 01:29 PM
got the job done which is all that matters. we got lucky with the fabregas shot that was going in,but anyone who says it was a pen on helb is a first class ****wit. he did not pull him in any way,helb should of stayed on his feet and gone for it instead of faking a foul.

03-04-2008, 01:38 PM
I was actually trying to be diplomatic, but if you're gonna be a dick about it.......
what I should have said was...

"liverpool f.c. are a set of spawny, granny stabbing, bin dipping, rat eating cunts"

you're correct about the simple european tactics though, bore everyfcuker to death with negative football then nick one (pun intended) just as the other team is dropping off to sleep.

scoring last minute goals has nothing to do with luck, there are 90 (well, 96) minutes in a football game. the idea is to try and win the game for all 90 of those minutes, not just 89 of them.

though I don't expect you to understand that as your team don't go out to win games, but merely to avoid defeat. which is why the skause are effective in europe but toothless in the league.
1-1 away to arsenal is a decent result in the league, but a great result in europe.

Nice touch with the 96 mate.

Its usually 96 minutes plus Sir Red Nose likes played @ Old Trafford if his team face gettin beat or they can nick a winner.

Unless of course your referring to the 96 men, women and children who were killed @ hillsborough.

But you surely wouldnt be that sick. After all its only a game of football.:no:

Microdot
03-04-2008, 01:40 PM
why would I mention hillsborough?

3 minutes injury time per half is generally a given these days, hence 96 minutes.

03-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Alright its sound.

Just your reference to 96 that was all and you being a manc.

fatcollective
03-04-2008, 02:07 PM
its still anyones game, you cant write aresnal off...they beat AC Milan away, surely they could do the same to liverpool...who knows ..will be a good game for sure! just glad we are 2 nil up and have a game to play at home!!

03-04-2008, 02:25 PM
its still anyones game, you cant write aresnal off...they beat AC Milan away, surely they could do the same to liverpool...who knows ..will be a good game for sure! just glad we are 2 nil up and have a game to play at home!!

Good point, they did hammer us last season twice...

Numeric
03-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Arsenal let themselves down last night, should have done far better, Liverpool defended resolutely but were fairly shit also

United did a job on Roma, Rio is without question the best defender in Europe at the moment and i'd feel comfortable United going anywhere and getting a result against any team right now, bring on Barca

03-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Arsenal let themselves down last night, should have done far better, Liverpool defended resolutely but were fairly shit also

United did a job on Roma, Rio is without question the best defender in Europe at the moment and i'd feel comfortable United going anywhere and getting a result against any team right now, bring on Barca

Agree with you Ferdinand was solid against Roma.

I dont know you United Fans, best team in the world, best player in the world, best defender in the world... :confused:

In the whole WORLD....

Im waiting for best fans in the world. But of course that cant be you... Coz its us...

fatcollective
03-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Agree with you Ferdinand was solid against Roma.

I dont know you United Fans, best team in the world, best player in the world, best defender in the world... :confused:

In the whole WORLD....

Im waiting for best fans in the world. But of course that cant be you... Coz its us...

United DO have the best defence and attack in the Premier League and if the Premiership is the best league in the world then it must right!!

no one can argue about Ronaldo, hes pure class...i think some people (ahem scousers!!) need to put the snobbery and rivalry behind them and and just enjoy watching this guy play top quality football!

Microdot
03-04-2008, 04:02 PM
United DO have the best defence and attack in the Premier League and if the Premiership is the best league in the world then it must right!!

no one can argue about Ronaldo, hes pure class...i think some people (ahem scousers!!) need to put the snobbery and rivalry behind them and and just enjoy watching this guy play top quality football!

to be fair, I don't think I'd be enjoying watching him play if he played for the skause.

Insomnia
03-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Hopefully a repeat performance of what we done in the San Siro would be nice..

I aint getting carried away though, Anfield will be a tough test...

I will love it though if Chelsea dont over turn there game with Fenerbahce!

fatcollective
04-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Hopefully a repeat performance of what we done in the San Siro would be nice..

I aint getting carried away though, Anfield will be a tough test...

I will love it though if Chelsea dont over turn there game with Fenerbahce!

anything can happen...no team is safe at the mo, not even united or barcelona, even though both teams are winning! football is full of twist and turns, especially in the champions league!

Will
04-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Bendtner's a good player, but he's inexperienced and he seems to get nervous when he plays at a higher level than he's used to at first. He looked shit in the Prem at first, but he's come good and I'm sure he will in the CL too. Though that was a very bad game for him! I just hope it doesn't cost us, but it's not beyond us to win at Anfield.

Richierush
04-04-2008, 08:19 PM
anfield on europe night is massive,i can see The scum beatin arsenal there,wont be happy if it happens but mancs doin liverpool in final will be funny :lol:

Microdot
04-04-2008, 11:57 PM
anfield on europe night is massive,i can see The scum beatin arsenal there,wont be happy if it happens but mancs doin liverpool in final will be funny :lol:

believe me, I'd love to see arsenal turn it around at anfailed, but there's absolutely no doubt in my mind whatsoever that the skause will knock them out (probably on pens).

278d7e64a374de26f==