PDA

View Full Version : Question to the Digital users:

DJCraig Ryan
07-03-2008, 10:11 AM
I was just wondering how you guys plan your mixes out:

For example how many tunes do you put on a CD? I know with mp3s you can get loads on a cd, buy say you have just got some new material and you want to do a mix with this new stuff how much would you put on each cd?

TechMouse
07-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Well, I just bang loads of stuff into Ableton and mess about.

When I used to use CD's more, I tried to keep it to less than 4 tracks on a CD - as it was always a bit crushing (:lol: - production pun) to want to mix into a tune and then realise it was on the same CD.

ampassasinbirmingham
07-03-2008, 01:08 PM
If mixing of cdj’s ill burn 2 mp3 cd’s the same, then you can mix 2 of the same songs together and you don’t have to worry about not being able to put 2 tunes together. The display give you the song names so your away. Just like searching through a crate. I usually arrange the tunes in some sort of order E.g, more chilling stuff at the start, harder stuff at the end!

If your on cd decks that don’t display the names then 4 to a cd max deffo

DJCraig Ryan
07-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Cheers for the replies lads, good advice there for me.

Yea im on CDJ 1000s so im sorted for display.

ampassasinbirmingham - This is what i was thinking of doing because then you know you have got every tune available to you. Ive only just got my CDJ's so for the first few weeks it was a case of banging loads on a Cd and just messin about with like 70 tunes on each CD (been lovin it)

But now im thinking of doing a proper mix so i think this is a good way. Nice one

TechMouse
07-03-2008, 03:09 PM
If your on cd decks that don’t display the names then 4 to a cd max deffo
I usually just packaged the tracks up the same way they would have been on vinyl.

ampassasinbirmingham
07-03-2008, 03:16 PM
I usually just packaged the tracks up the same way they would have been on vinyl.

yeah its good when you can get the artwork etc and have them as ep's. ive got quite a few netlabel releases like that

TechMouse
07-03-2008, 03:17 PM
I used to use my CD printer to put the artwork straight on the discs at one stage.

Made it much easier to flip through loads and find what you want.

ampassasinbirmingham
07-03-2008, 03:52 PM
I used to use my CD printer to put the artwork straight on the discs at one stage.

Made it much easier to flip through loads and find what you want.

you got a cd printer? how much that cost?

I get into a pickle sometimes when mixing and im going to eager and i dont put cd back in cases, then half way through my set i cant find the cd i want....not good

TechMouse
07-03-2008, 04:21 PM
you got a cd printer? how much that cost?
I got an Epson Stylus R300 inkjet.

It comes with a little caddy you can put printable CDs on, and an application to do the printing.

Quite cool.

Wouldn't want to use it to do a large run or anything!

I get into a pickle sometimes when mixing and im going to eager and i dont put cd back in cases, then half way through my set i cant find the cd i want....not good
Ah, I never bothered with cases.

I use one of those big CD wallet things.

278d7e64a374de26f==