PDA

View Full Version : i hate classics

fifoo
18-12-2003, 01:05 PM
I HATE djs who play 2/3 of hits, a good dj takes sounds from anywhere and build them with answering harmonies! a real dj can blow u up even with ultra minimal stuff! and the technique isnt playing with effects of a djm!! k?

Spark
18-12-2003, 02:21 PM
TRUE! ;)

Ritzi Lee
18-12-2003, 02:26 PM
there's a great distinction between real classics and just commercial hits IMHO.

Spark
18-12-2003, 02:31 PM
there's a great distinction between real classics and just commercial hits IMHO.

Yes Ritz.. but i was meaning that a dj not ahve to play always hits..

Adverse
18-12-2003, 02:43 PM
I HATE djs who play 2/3 of hits, a good dj takes sounds from anywhere and build them with answering harmonies! a real dj can blow u up even with ultra minimal stuff! and the technique isnt playing with effects of a djm!! k?

anyone in particular?

Agent Orange NYC
18-12-2003, 02:50 PM
I love a classic everynow and then because new jocks don't have to many. I do ****in hate dj's that play all hits though. It's total shite! That's like reducing techno to pop. Might as well make a video to Adam's Rippin' and Dippin'!

1 thing I love about techno is when you go out to hear a dj you will definetly hear shit you never heard b4, old or new. :cool:

crime
18-12-2003, 08:01 PM
I hate Djs that moan about other Djs :lol:

wenna
18-12-2003, 08:19 PM
.....i hate dj's :lol:

crime
18-12-2003, 08:36 PM
:clap:

MARKEG
18-12-2003, 11:57 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

encore!!!

The Divide
19-12-2003, 09:44 AM

Very well said.

romelpotter
19-12-2003, 11:45 AM

i never rearlly think about playing classics or not playing classics. when i am building a set, if i think a tune goes well with the next/previous tracks and it builds it to a point that i like i put it in my set.

but i cant stand cheese after cheese after stilton after cammonburgh ect ;) ;)

tioneb
19-12-2003, 12:22 PM

funny this sentence doesnt come from me =))) at least you get applauded instead of being dissed like i am when i say such things ...

i cant agree more with what you say but seems that anyway everybody will go on fancy 3 (or 4 !!!) decks perfect beatmatch djs who spin 90% percent of ben sims like music in their sets.

Buttman
19-12-2003, 01:09 PM

funny this sentence doesnt come from me =))) at least you get applauded instead of being dissed like i am when i say such things ...

i cant agree more with what you say but seems that anyway everybody will go on fancy 3 (or 4 !!!) decks perfect beatmatch djs who spin 90% percent of ben sims like music in their sets.

Hahaha nice avatar. We are the cutest!

jonnyspeed
19-12-2003, 02:47 PM
Agree.

Djing is an art. I guess people start with beat matching, move onto good tune selection, develop technique and finally get to actually performing rather than playing records. I can buy every tune that another DJ plays but where I pick the mix point and how I bring the tunes together is not going to be anywhere near as good as either the author of the tracks or somebody that has been doing it for years, day in and day out. Even then they may still have a better understanding of the music.

But everybody should have a go - that's what's techno is all about and that's why the scene stays alive. So what if they just put a few tune together and have a jump about? If everybody has a smile on their faces then that's cool.

Peace.

duncandisorderly
19-12-2003, 05:55 PM
i hate bigots and people with closed minds. if it rocks, it rocks full stop.

spiralx
19-12-2003, 08:36 PM
i hate bigots and people with closed minds. if it rocks, it rocks full stop.
:clap: :clap:

Too right, well said. It doesn't matter whether the DJ is playing stuff you've heard before or not as long as it's done well. There's a reason that certain tracks are "classics" - it's because they're good! :shock: Who'd've thought it? ;)

Orange
19-12-2003, 10:33 PM
did the floor dance?

crime
20-12-2003, 11:21 AM
wouldn't it be nice to have a topic that started "I Like" instead of "I Hate"?

dan the acid man
20-12-2003, 01:44 PM
Agree.

Djing is an art. I guess people start with beat matching, move onto good tune selection, develop technique and finally get to actually performing rather than playing records. I can buy every tune that another DJ plays but where I pick the mix point and how I bring the tunes together is not going to be anywhere near as good as either the author of the tracks or somebody that has been doing it for years, day in and day out. Even then they may still have a better understanding of the music.

But everybody should have a go - that's what's techno is all about and that's why the scene stays alive. So what if they just put a few tune together and have a jump about? If everybody has a smile on their faces then that's cool.

Peace.

couldnt have said it better myself

Adverse
20-12-2003, 03:55 PM

wouldn't it?

i mean wow you are facetious. :sleeping:

go|plastic
20-12-2003, 04:24 PM
facetious

I see the thesaurus is coming in handy, eh?

Actually this is the second time I had to find a synonym for a word you used... this one came up as "tongue in cheek"...

Are you calling him ghey man, or what?! :shock: :nono: ;)

Adverse
20-12-2003, 04:44 PM
what the **** are you on about thesaurus?

what was the other word?

and no i am not calling him gay just a bit maladjusted and facetiously so.

duncandisorderly
20-12-2003, 04:57 PM

hear hear! im with you :clap: :clap:

ampassasinbirmingham
20-12-2003, 05:04 PM
deese big words mak mi hed hurt :doh:

jonnyspeed
20-12-2003, 06:12 PM
I like your mum. Especially when she makes me a cup of tea in the morning :cool:

Esox Lucius
20-12-2003, 07:20 PM
deese big words mak mi hed hurt :doh:

well you are a brummie billy :lol: ;)

go|plastic
20-12-2003, 07:29 PM
what the **** are you on about thesaurus?

what was the other word?

and no i am not calling him gay just a bit maladjusted and facetiously so.

Hey, if you use the word "facetious" in casual conversation, I'm sorry, but I just thought it's uncommon and something you look up in the thesaurus, and I made a joke about it... that's all.

And I know you didn't really call him gay! I was making another stupid joke about the phrase "tongue in cheek"... OK?

dan the acid man
20-12-2003, 09:09 PM
facetious is a word i use alot, probably because my mum was always telling me to stop being facetious.

jonnyspeed
20-12-2003, 11:03 PM
you aregay - but I kinda like that :roll:

MARKEG
21-12-2003, 12:19 AM

this is what this forum is all about... please stop these hate topics!!!

MARKEG
21-12-2003, 12:23 AM
instead of 'i hate classics'.. why not 'i'm not to into classics because of xxxxx but i really prefer xxxxxxx' . doesn't that make better/more consructive conversation?????????????

MARKEG
21-12-2003, 12:59 AM
call me an ass hole if you want but i really don't think this type of shit gets us anywhere...,

Adverse
21-12-2003, 07:05 AM
instead of 'i hate classics'.. why not 'i'm not to into classics because of xxxxx but i really prefer xxxxxxx' . doesn't that make better/more consructive conversation?????????????

see i agree with you.. but there isn't a whole lot to like these days.

The Overfiend
21-12-2003, 07:36 AM
ain't that the truth

jonnyspeed
22-12-2003, 05:25 AM
positivity, init mark?

Adverse
22-12-2003, 06:06 AM
^^ :sleeping:

davethedrummer
22-12-2003, 01:47 PM
i like music it is great!
i like my ears they are great
i like the internet it is great
i like my shoes they are great

etc etc etc

MrAcid
23-12-2003, 06:18 AM
you know what i like??
SUMMER OF SAM´S AVATAR :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT´S WHAT I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE

anx
23-12-2003, 07:38 PM
i like i like i like loud music

buster
09-01-2004, 10:59 PM
Just joined the site so HELLO.

If it wasn't for the classics your talking about then you would probably wouldn't have alot of the stuff kicking about at the moment. SO give it a rest.

Patrick
09-01-2004, 11:05 PM
SO give it a rest.

Nice entrance. :lol:

Hello.

dan the acid man
09-01-2004, 11:09 PM
hello buster, welcome :dance:

buster
09-01-2004, 11:19 PM
Hi guys, thought I'd make a big entrance. Sorry if I came across a bit harsh but hey.

Esox Lucius
09-01-2004, 11:26 PM
Hi Buster, and I couldn't agree more with you.

buster
09-01-2004, 11:39 PM
OK Fair enough. I can't comment without knowing who likes what. If I'm talking to acid techno head then I can't really comment 'cos I aint been into that for about 6 years.
A true classic for me is something that I've heard a 1000 times and still makes me wanna completley lose it. Sorry if that offends people.

278d7e64a374de26f==