PDA

View Full Version : What is Techno?

DannyBlack
12-03-2008, 01:10 PM
What is the deffinition of Techno to you? Why do you love it so much and at what point did you commit to idea of loving it (playing it, making it, eating it, sleeping it etc...)

TechMouse
12-03-2008, 01:28 PM
The abandonment of traditional conceptions of musicality in pursuit of something new and challenging.

acidsaturation
12-03-2008, 02:16 PM
The abandonment of traditional conceptions of musicality in pursuit of something new and challenging.

Except "Techno" now seems to need to fit into this box of what "Techno" is, and doesn't seem to be an all-encompassing term as it used to..?

TechMouse
12-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Except "Techno" now seems to need to fit into this box of what "Techno" is, and doesn't seem to be an all-encompassing term as it used to..?
Depends who you talk to really.

It's like anything sufficiently big. You have a patchwork of niches where people are beavering away and taking things to extremes, and it all builds up into a bigger picture. The most interesting stuff happens where people blaze a trail.

Jay Pace
12-03-2008, 04:11 PM
boom tish boom tish

massplanck
12-03-2008, 04:13 PM
repetitive music that people take drugs to.

Martin Dust
12-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Does God exist?

TechMouse
12-03-2008, 04:25 PM
boom tish boom tish
Techno is marching band music for delinquents.

DannyBlack
12-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Does God exist?

No, but i agree "what is techno?" is one of lifes most fascinating and important questions.

...Dave...
12-03-2008, 04:49 PM
repetitive music that people take drugs to.

exactly. why people try to dress it up as anything different i really don't know?

although i guess you were being sarcastic...i wasn't:wink:

xes
12-03-2008, 04:53 PM
techno is an ugly term for alot of people,which is not really,listenalbe to,but for the hardcore.

massplanck
12-03-2008, 04:54 PM
exactly. why people try to dress it up as anything different i really don't know?

although i guess you were being sarcastic...i wasn't:wink:

I wasnt either. Its a fact. Some of it is good though!

...Dave...
12-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Some of it is good though!

of course.

and when you take drugs its even better:lol: :wink:

RitchieP
12-03-2008, 05:15 PM
cant beet getting of ya head on e's and wizz and jumping round like a madman to avin it tekno !

Andy_n
12-03-2008, 05:38 PM
According to the Stripey Jumper and mullet club in Dublin,Techno is what "Dubfire makes" - these days !

From when I first got into Techno...it was something that made me feel different,it was made you shake your ass,move your hips. Always kept me on my feet.
Techno made me fire records across the room. it was and still is exciting,persistant,explosive, that would be the best way I could describe it...

stjohn
12-03-2008, 06:09 PM
According to the Stripey Jumper and mullet club in Dublin,Techno is what "Dubfire makes" - these days !

:smile:

and scarves....

MorePunkThanFunk
12-03-2008, 06:19 PM
What is the deffinition of Techno to you? Why do you love it so much and at what point did you commit to idea of loving it (playing it, making it, eating it, sleeping it etc...)

a rare kind of cheese

eyeswithoutaface
12-03-2008, 07:01 PM
techno is everything and nothing all rolled into one. Techno is being at the front of a crowd of 1000 people at the mercy of a sickening soundsystem with your fave live artists or Dj's playing your favourite records. Techno is being alone at home listening to a Stewart Walker album with the lights off, bong out getting stoned. Techno is meeting new people in clubs, events, festivals etc etc and realising that alot of people actually have very similiar views and feelings about a type of music. Techno is appreciating the guys who allowed people who were not around at the time to still be able to be involved in a scene that is still alive today, whilst also pushing onwards towards the future and helping to keep it alive for alot longer

It's whatever you want it to be. Unfortunately these days, the actual ethos of what is deemed Techno is pretty much lost on most people, and Techno actually is just a 4/4 kick and uberschall loops badly whipped together. That is Techno

Aratron
12-03-2008, 07:13 PM

Not Dub-Step

rhythmtech
12-03-2008, 07:52 PM

you're hanging out in the wrong clubs in dublin then.

audioinjection
12-03-2008, 08:03 PM
tiesto & paul van dyke are techno according to the usa

haha

The Overfiend
12-03-2008, 10:20 PM
One of the best video games for the NES system
Tecmo Bowl

djshiva
12-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Not Dub-Step

ROTFL. that horse done been killed, my friend.

at this point in time, i have given up trying to define techno. it got all muddied and kinda boring and then i got distracted by shiny things.

i like shuffle. and bass. and kickdrums. and 909 snares. that fits into techno somewhere, methinks.

ritaheed
13-03-2008, 07:49 AM
a would say techno is repetitive percussion drivin music.

wot i like about techno is the ability to fire the records in as quickly and whenever you want and also mixing 2 songs for as long as you want within a mix - it then allows the dj/live act to make there own sound from this.......definately compared to the likes of trance and other genre's were its a case of just mixing in and out.....

with techno ye can totally mash up a mix with constant ****in about - fx, cuttin, spin backs, fast/long mixing -

in my opinion there is room for error with techno aswell as alot of the time wen am mixing, im mixing tht quick tht ive not got the tracks on beat but as i bring them into the mix i get them in beat......a ****in luv techno!!!

C.O.Prodigy
13-03-2008, 09:36 AM
techno is the future, and whatever people make it

Andy_n
13-03-2008, 09:38 AM
:smile:

and scarves....

Ahoy the A.S.M. (Anti-'Scorf' Movement)

@Rhythmtech, I certainly do not frequent these clubs...

fatcollective
13-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Techno is my release from normal everyday shit, like work and paying bills…it makes me happy especially when im in the studio or playing some of my tracks to lots of mad people in a club!! It makes me excited and makes me feel younger and it works really well with beer and fags!!

clubsynthetic
13-03-2008, 11:38 AM
a recurring loop of drums or frequencies laced with subtle changes which constucts a grove.

Hoth System
13-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Techno is a horse writing poetry on a flying carpet, being viewed through a telescope by a giant millipede before it is crushed by a yellow question mark. Forever.

DannyBlack
13-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Badger?

clubsynthetic
13-03-2008, 12:59 PM
oops i meant groove.

djshiva
13-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Techno is a horse writing poetry on a flying carpet, being viewed through a telescope by a giant millipede before it is crushed by a yellow question mark. Forever.

yesssss.

crime
13-03-2008, 01:27 PM

shit question.. NEXT!

DannyBlack
13-03-2008, 01:29 PM
shit question.. NEXT!

Go f*ck yourself.

crime
13-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Go f*ck yourself.
Shit reply mate - NEXT!

DannyBlack
13-03-2008, 01:33 PM
What do you want me to reply with matey? I'm afraid i don't have your flare for imaginative internet forum trolling, to respond with an efficient enough come back.
Why not start a thread and show us lowly un-worthy people how its really done eh?

Mindful
13-03-2008, 05:59 PM

It makes much more sense if you use a caleidoscope instead of a telescope.

massplanck
13-03-2008, 06:04 PM
It makes much more sense if you use a caleidoscope instead of a telescope.

What if i told you I had a kaleidoscope but used a telescope on the sly?

TechMouse
13-03-2008, 06:05 PM
What if i told you I had a kaleidoscope but used a telescope on the sly?
MADNESS!

Why would you do such a thing?

judas_beast
13-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Dance music focusing on rhythm, rather than melody.

rhythmtech
13-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Dance music focusing on rhythm, rather than melody.

:eek: :hmmm: :no:

rhythmtech
13-03-2008, 06:44 PM
techno is smelly

TechMouse
13-03-2008, 06:46 PM
techno is smelly
Sorry, that was me.

Mindful
13-03-2008, 06:54 PM
use the telescope to look through the kaleidoscope

Loop
13-03-2008, 08:05 PM
I remember when techno meant technology.
Anything using technology is techno.
**** all genre police(yes,including you detroit)

djshiva
13-03-2008, 08:09 PM
less chitterbeep; more whompa.

Elvio Neto
14-03-2008, 04:40 AM
techno for me allways was about the future , the technology , intelligence

the world around us , the noises whe heard every day but dont remember when whe get home

all that subconscious stuff whe have in mind , the past the present the future , old tribes dancing to repetitive rhythms...

techno is everyware but sometimes whe dont know that , its like the sound of a new car working , a sound of a machine making a new building in neighborhood

techno is all about progress and perfection

recently the techno change alot , its hard to get true techno , mechanical movements , complex rhythms

now techno its all about high speed loud beats and distorted noises for people full of drugs start jumping like monkeys (sorry i dont mean to offense nobody)

judas_beast
14-03-2008, 10:52 AM
:eek: :hmmm: :no:

:random****ingsmilie:

C.O.Prodigy
14-03-2008, 11:44 AM
less chitterbeep; more whompa.

:lol:

RDR
14-03-2008, 12:29 PM
MADNESS!

Why would you do such a thing?

You know nothing about this world. Walk away now.

The coloured triangles have spoken of your ilk before. sail ommmmmm.

TechMouse
14-03-2008, 01:39 PM
I refuse to discuss this in an empty stomach.

RDR
14-03-2008, 01:51 PM
I refuse to discuss this in an empty stomach.

Typical, and i was told to never feed Programmers after lunchtime, they get all sloth like and refuse to wear the clown suits.

crime
14-03-2008, 03:05 PM
What do you want me to reply with matey? I'm afraid i don't have your flare for imaginative internet forum trolling, to respond with an efficient enough come back.
Why not start a thread and show us lowly un-worthy people how its really done eh?

erm.. something better than **** you might be a good start... :P

DannyBlack
14-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Aye, but it the easiest response in the world when you're browsing the web in work and listening to customers repeatedly tear you a new one because the company you work for is making them feel "cheated"... but thats another rant.

So crime, what is techno to you? disregarding that it is a shit question (just wanted to get the convos started in here again)

rhythmtech
14-03-2008, 03:43 PM
techno is the sound of me donkey punching danny's barking spider

crime
14-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Aye, but it the easiest response in the world when you're browsing the web in work and listening to customers repeatedly tear you a new one because the company you work for is making them feel "cheated"... but thats another rant.

So crime, what is techno to you? disregarding that it is a shit question (just wanted to get the convos started in here again)

A much abused term...

the ultimate irony in music...

RDR
14-03-2008, 05:29 PM

Nah, thats 'Metal'

eyeswithoutaface
14-03-2008, 08:00 PM

that is so true when you think about it

clubsynthetic
15-03-2008, 01:20 PM
techno is me freezing outside of a club every month due to the wind chill factor of my sweat fae dancing.

djfilthmonger
15-03-2008, 01:50 PM

whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie rigga atigga tik tik tssssSS!!whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie rigga atigga tik tik tssssSS!!whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie rigga atigga tik tik tssssSS!!whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie rigga atigga tik tik tssssSS!!

DannyBlack
15-03-2008, 07:35 PM
whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie rigga atigga tik tik tssssSS!!whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie rigga atigga tik tik tssssSS!!whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie rigga atigga tik tik tssssSS!!whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie whomptie rigga atigga tik tik tssssSS!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

good reply mate.

278d7e64a374de26f==