PDA

View Full Version : Grand Slam Sunday

DJ RE:HAB
18-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Thought id get this in early.

I reckon Chelsea will do the arsenal for sure.

United Vs Pool, Tough Game to Call.

I'll play safe and go for a draw 1-1, but id love us to pip it at the end, we deserve it @ least just on merit for the games united have sneaked when they have been tightly contested..

If we do win and then beat Everton and Arsenal be an interesting little run as technically even thought its near enough impossible we can still win the league.. haha.

I know sounds ridiculous, but if you look at the table you will see what i mean.

We aint that far behind and at the moment are the inform team. Could Rafas rotations policy be starting to shine through, i doubt it, but would like to think soo

Insomnia
18-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Super Sunday, bring it on!

We have to get something out of the Chelsea game that's for sure....

Numeric
18-03-2008, 02:52 PM
United will beat Liverpool convincingly, Chelsea will beat Arsenal

my predictions

18-03-2008, 03:17 PM
IF.

We beat United and the Arse in the Prem we will be behind the top 2 by 2 points.

Not bad, considering we were 17 points behind Arsenal @ the start of March and now we are just 8.

Numeric
18-03-2008, 03:34 PM
if United beat Bolton tomorrow night you'll be 11 points behind top spot

fatcollective
18-03-2008, 04:21 PM
if United beat Bolton tomorrow night you'll be 11 points behind top spot

IF? we'll kill em!!

Will
18-03-2008, 04:28 PM
I doubt Chelsea will win, their record under Grant against the big teams (and even Spurs) has been poor, only managed one draw so far. But you never know of course.

Numeric
18-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Arsenal look jaded and tired at the moment, they always usually do well in the big fixtures though, but i think Chelsea will prob be too strong for them this time, a draw will be fine

Microdot
18-03-2008, 05:06 PM
chelsea will beat arsenal easily.
Utd vs vermin will be a draw.

djfase
18-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Draw in both i reckon.

Might be goin to chelsea v arse game as a mate has tickets

basslinejunkie
19-03-2008, 11:54 AM
arse will beat chelsea.most likely result i think for us v the scum is a draw,but it could go either way.

Numeric
19-03-2008, 12:08 PM
this is how United need to line-up against 'pool

Van Der Saar
Brown
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Ronaldo
Hargreaves
Anderson
Giggs
Tevez
Rooney

can't wait to see Anderson boss Gerrard again :)

basslinejunkie
19-03-2008, 12:22 PM
i cant wait to see torres roast ferdinand and show him up for the inept defender he really is.

19-03-2008, 12:40 PM
i cant wait to see torres roast ferdinand and show him up for the inept defender he really is.

haha...:tongue: Init...

Mascherano in the fray aswell mate.

Reina
Carragher
Hypia
Aurelio
Arbeola
Alonso
Mascherano
Babel
Gerrard
Kuyt
Torres

Mascherano to do all the tidying up, Alonso to spread the play and with babel running at ya and torres & gerrard terrorising your defence we stand a good chance of scoring.

Numeric
19-03-2008, 12:50 PM

:lol: what game were you watchin mate?

Torres got past Vidic once, then Wes and Rio had him in their pocket for the rest of the game

basslinejunkie
19-03-2008, 12:52 PM
:lol: what game were you watchin mate?

Torres got past Vidic once, then Wes and Rio had him in their pocket for the rest of the game

he wasnt 100percent fit last time.hes fit and scoring for fun now and showing himself to be the best striker in the prem.

fatcollective
19-03-2008, 12:59 PM
its gonna be a big game.....

come on united!!!

Microdot
19-03-2008, 01:07 PM
this is how United need to line-up against 'pool

Van Der Saar
Brown
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Ronaldo
Hargreaves
Anderson
Giggs
Tevez
Rooney

can't wait to see Anderson boss Gerrard again :)

Carrick instead of Anderson I reckon.

Numeric
19-03-2008, 01:11 PM
he wasnt 100percent fit last time.hes fit and scoring for fun now and showing himself to be the best striker in the prem.

he is the best striker in the prem at the moment no question, but he's gonna be up against the best defence in the prem

Numeric
19-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Carrick instead of Anderson I reckon.

no way man, Carrick has been class when he's played recently but he doesn't get stuck in enough, Anderson has already proved he can handle Gerrard and Mascherano

fatcollective
19-03-2008, 02:25 PM
no way man, Carrick has been class when he's played recently but he doesn't get stuck in enough, Anderson has already proved he can handle Gerrard and Mascherano

get fletcher in there instead, if he can play anything like the way he played against arsenal, gerrard and co have no chance!!

Numeric
19-03-2008, 02:34 PM
the Liverpool midfield is a different prospect to Arsenal, although i don't doubt Fletcher would do a job, i'd still feel more comfortable with Anderson in there

my worry is that Scholes will start, on his recent form that could be a disaster

fatcollective
19-03-2008, 04:54 PM
the Liverpool midfield is a different prospect to Arsenal, although i don't doubt Fletcher would do a job, i'd still feel more comfortable with Anderson in there

my worry is that Scholes will start, on his recent form that could be a disaster

its gonna be a fast game for sure and i dont think scholes will fit in.

i think he should choose Anderson as he is more attacking and united play better when atacking, carrick is still good but hes more defensive...just depends how fergies plays it on the day...but im sure he'll go attacking!!

Microdot
19-03-2008, 05:08 PM

true, he did play them out of the game last time.
just thought it's be worth keeping Hargreaves in for purely defensive duties, and have Carrick on for creativity, and cause he's Utd's most on form midfielder at the moment.

generally, I'd say our best CM pairing is Carrick-Anderson, just think Hargreaves could really do a job in this game.

nick_anarchy
19-03-2008, 06:09 PM

is that an excuse

basslinejunkie
19-03-2008, 08:26 PM
no its fact.

djfase
19-03-2008, 10:23 PM

Hahahahaha.

What a pathetic statement that is. Rio is quality but i suppose only a scouse fan would say otherwise

LittleMinx
20-03-2008, 08:29 AM
LOL love reading you lot bitching to eachother bout footy its great and amusing lol

anyway Chelsea to win Arse

and Man u to beat Pool, but even if its a draw that will still be nice, looks like we got a good team out so im pretty confident on this game|!!!!

COME ON UNITED!!!

basslinejunkie
20-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Hahahahaha.

What a pathetic statement that is. Rio is quality but i suppose only a scouse fan would say otherwise

your a saint.your opinion is worthless.

basslinejunkie
20-03-2008, 10:16 AM
nah seriously,i just dont rate ferdinand as a defender.hes more interested in fancy 70yrd balls than getting stuck in. and whenever there is a mistake in the manc defense,it is usualy ferdinand.

Numeric
20-03-2008, 11:26 AM
he is prone to the odd mistake but he's still the best defender in the Prem

his performance at Anfield earlier in the season was incredible

20-03-2008, 11:30 AM
he is prone to the odd mistake but he's still the best defender in the Prem

his performance at Anfield earlier in the season was incredible

And hes doubtful for Sunday aswell now...

hahahahahaha...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Numeric
20-03-2008, 11:52 AM
aye he's a doubt, Wes can handle Torres though

Insomnia
20-03-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm sure ferdinand will be back...

It's all mind games...

20-03-2008, 12:28 PM
aye he's a doubt, Wes can handle Torres though

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Classical That One...

Eh lads we got ourselves a comedian...

Esox Lucius
20-03-2008, 12:31 PM
united and arse wins hopefully.

Numeric
20-03-2008, 12:47 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Classical That One...

Eh lads we got ourselves a comedian...

he did well enough last time

Will
20-03-2008, 05:01 PM
united and arse wins hopefully.

I'd take that... Though the sooner United start dropping points the better!

djfase
20-03-2008, 06:43 PM
he did well enough last time

Wes Brown is one of the worst defenders in prem. His positioning is awful and his passing worse.#

Mind you, he getsstuck in

djfase
20-03-2008, 06:44 PM
your a saint.your opinion is worthless.

Lol. Maybe they are, but my comments are not based on bias.

Rio is a quality defender. A player that would be loved in the italian game. A league where defending is an art form

Numeric
20-03-2008, 06:44 PM
have you seen United at all this season?

Wes has been playin well

Microdot
20-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Wes Brown is one of the worst defenders in prem. His positioning is awful and his passing worse.#

Mind you, he getsstuck in

obviously, you've not watched any Utd games this season.

Wes Brown is one of the toughest tacklers in the league.
as for his positioning, he's made a few vital last gasp clearances this season.

to call him one of the worst defenders in the prem is ignorant to the extreme.

Numeric
23-03-2008, 03:41 PM
:lol: that's why we're champions!! 'ave that you scouse c**ts!!

what happened to your boy? :lol:

to be fair Liverpool started the better team, and had a half decent spell in the second half, but with the chances United had we should have nailed 'em five or six, Nani's goal was a f**kin belter!! :lol:

the sending off was justified

i'm lovin this :)

Esox Lucius
23-03-2008, 03:50 PM
havent seen the game but nice one mancs. cunts only 2 points above us.

LittleMinx
23-03-2008, 05:44 PM
what an outstanding game, nani's goal was spot on

djfase
23-03-2008, 10:03 PM
2 nervy games i thought to start with as you'd expect, but where were torres, gerrard, carragher, lampard, ballack today???????????????????????????

Rio, and drogba class were different class today

Microdot
23-03-2008, 10:33 PM

:laughing:

nick_anarchy
24-03-2008, 03:08 PM
well i wanted to leave it till the day after to post and also read over ALL the comments made about how torres was goin to "roast" rio ...

well rehab & mr baseline aint you both comedian's !! what a load of shit liverpool are i mean come on to be fair you were ****in piss poor !! did you even have a shot on goal ?? van der sar didnt even make 1 save haha shows how well your super torres did AGAIN !!! once again gerrard cant rase his game v the bug clubs & torres can only score the these hatricks v the lower clubs and he cant do **** all v the best defence in the prem once again :) ...

o sorry was torres not fit this time ? pfft or gerrard not fit ? or do u blame the ref for the sending off seeing as on sky sports news it pin pointed all 6 times he was in the ref's face havin a go and low & behold the ref have enough and sent him off ... good refin !! about time a ref had the bottle to do it !!!

after the a.cole v spurs afair it was the correct call ....

so what excuse can you fire at us all this time come on let the "comedian" out within you !!

as for arsenal V chelsea ......... its squeeky bum time and arsenal squeeked AGAIN so will your pridictions are wrong once again .... a shit game to watch untill the last 20 mins where arsenal didnt have a clue what to do and with such a poor inexperienced defence it cost them ... u cant always cheat and win you know .....

back to utd & liverpool....

haha

nick_anarchy
24-03-2008, 03:10 PM

basslinejunkie
24-03-2008, 06:13 PM
what can i say....

we started well,but after mash got sent off it was game over for us really.that bennetts a right cock,smug arrogant wanker.

must admit nevermind ronaldo,that nani is gona be some player.already is really.quality.

fatcollective
24-03-2008, 06:54 PM
glory glory man united!! the best sunday i've had in ages!! :biggrin:

nick_anarchy
24-03-2008, 07:11 PM
what can i say....

we started well,but after mash got sent off it was game over for us really.that bennetts a right cock,smug arrogant wanker.

must admit nevermind ronaldo,that nani is gona be some player.already is really.quality.

like iv said before dude , nani is a hot & cold sort of player tho he didnt change the way we played the attacking game when he came on for giggs who was to be fair shit ! he can do all the tricks ronaldo can do
, just not as quick and with such pace & power

Numeric
24-03-2008, 09:52 PM
what can i say....

sorry mate but Mascherano had it coming, he'd been harassing the ref loads and deserved to go, it was his own stupidity that cost him and your team

Nani still has a long way to go but has made a significant contribution this season, his goal against Spurs at Old Trafford when United couldn't buy a goal was priceless

basslinejunkie
25-03-2008, 09:17 AM
yes he was stupid,but apart form when he first got booked he wasnt being abusive atall.since when couldnt you speak with the ref?? everytime he tried or questioned a descicson he got blanked.

Numeric
25-03-2008, 10:22 AM
i'd be more concerned with your teams performance than focusing on the sending off, even before Mascherano walked United were in control and should have been two or three up, Gerrard was almost completely anonymous, as was your boy Torres, and your defence was a joke, you're lucky you didn't get spanked six or seven nil and that's no exaggeration

Microdot
25-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Utd were already shitting all over the scousers by the time Mascherano got sent off.

basslinejunkie
25-03-2008, 01:08 PM
bollox.you got a scabby goal that went in off browns back or shoulder. then mash got sent off.was even up untill then.after that it wasnt,you were in complete control.

Numeric
25-03-2008, 02:48 PM
no man United were well in the ascendancy, Brown's goal may well have been fortunate but it was deserved

Will
25-03-2008, 04:52 PM
I was going to say I hope United win the title now until I read Nick's comments! Hopefully Wenger will sign some proven winners in the summer, obviously the current squad doesn't have what it takes to see out a title challenge.

If Drogba had been (rightly) given offside in the lead up to the first goal or if Sagna hadn't gone off injured we might have held on for the win, but it was the draws in the lead up to the Chelsea game that have really cost us. Theoretically we could still do it, but in the form we're in we won't be able to reclaim 2nd...

I can't see Chelsea beating United at Stamford Bridge, in fact I hope United end their unbeaten home record, and if the last 2 games are anything to go by we'll lose at OT, though it's against the lesser teams United have been dropping costly points really.

Will
25-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Does anyone know what games the top teams have to play in the run in?

nick_anarchy
25-03-2008, 07:16 PM
I was going to say I hope United win the title now until I read Nick's comments! Hopefully Wenger will sign some proven winners in the summer, obviously the current squad doesn't have what it takes to see out a title challenge.

If Drogba had been (rightly) given offside in the lead up to the first goal or if Sagna hadn't gone off injured we might have held on for the win, but it was the draws in the lead up to the Chelsea game that have really cost us. Theoretically we could still do it, but in the form we're in we won't be able to reclaim 2nd...

I can't see Chelsea beating United at Stamford Bridge, in fact I hope United end their unbeaten home record, and if the last 2 games are anything to go by we'll lose at OT, though it's against the lesser teams United have been dropping costly points really.

whats up dont like the truth ?

LittleMinx
26-03-2008, 07:34 AM
hehe such a turn on u lot are, bitching at eachother, can we have a sports hall met up pleaseeeeeeee LOL

Numeric
26-03-2008, 09:04 AM

it'll be a tough game at Stamford Bridge for United but i wouldn't be suprised if we got the win

totally expect us to beat your lot at Old Trafford

Numeric
26-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Does anyone know what games the top teams have to play in the run in?

Arsenal

Saturday 29th March 2008
Bolton v Arsenal 15.00
Saturday 05th April 2008
Arsenal v Liverpool 12.45
Sunday 13th April 2008
Man Utd v Arsenal 16.00
Saturday 19th April 2008
Arsenal v Reading 12.45
Monday 28th April 2008
Derby v Arsenal 20.00
Saturday 03rd May 2008
Arsenal v Everton 15.00
Sunday 11th May 2008
Sunderland v Arsenal 15.00

Chelsea

Sunday 30th March 2008
Chelsea v Middlesbrough 13.30
Saturday 05th April 2008
Man City v Chelsea 15.00
Monday 14th April 2008
Chelsea v Wigan Athletic 20.00
Saturday 19th April 2008
Everton v Chelsea 15.00
Saturday 26th April 2008
Chelsea v Man Utd 12.45
Saturday 03rd May 2008
Newcastle v Chelsea 15.00
Sunday 11th May 2008
Chelsea v Bolton 15.00

Liverpool

Sunday 30th March 2008
Liverpool v Everton 16.00
Saturday 05th April 2008
Arsenal v Liverpool 12.45
Sunday 13th April 2008
Liverpool v Blackburn 13.30
Saturday 19th April 2008
Fulham v Liverpool 15.00
Saturday 26th April 2008
Birmingham v Liverpool 15.00
Saturday 03rd May 2008
Liverpool v Man City 15.00
Sunday 11th May 2008
Tottenham v Liverpool 15.00

Man United

Saturday 29th March 2008
Man Utd v Aston Villa 17.15
Sunday 06th April 2008
Middlesbrough v Man Utd 13.30
Sunday 13th April 2008
Man Utd v Arsenal 16.00
Saturday 19th April 2008
Blackburn v Man Utd 17.15
Saturday 26th April 2008
Chelsea v Man Utd 12.45
Saturday 03rd May 2008
Man Utd v West Ham 15.00
Sunday 11th May 2008
Wigan Athletic v Man Utd 15.00

can't see United droppin too many points

fatcollective
26-03-2008, 09:52 AM
My Predictions for the Rest of Manchester United's Glorious Season!!!!

Man Utd v Aston Villa 2 - 0

Middlesbrough v Man Utd 0 - 4

Man Utd v Arsenal 2 - 1

Blackburn v Man Utd 2 -2

Chelsea v Man Utd 2 - 3

Man Utd v West Ham 1 - 0

Wigan Athletic v Man Utd 3 - 1

6 wins

1 draw

Premiership Champions!!

Numeric
26-03-2008, 02:01 PM
expect us to keep more clean sheets than that, the defence has been awesome of late

27-03-2008, 11:27 AM
I aint been in work to reply to this, but we were outplayed and out thought @ Old Trafford.

I think Bennet didnt handle the game well at all. Liverpool were hard pressed to get any decisions @ Old Trafford. Which was always going to be the case. But made worse by the fact that:

Bennet :Had been the fourth official @ the Chelsea with the cole Saga and did nothing to intervene.

Benett : Was part of the refeering team that officiated in the FA Cup match Man United Vs Portsmouth when united were beaten.

I agree on the face on it with the mascherano incident, but in all honesty he was only asking "Whats Happened". Are players not allowed to talk to the referee now?
Yes he had been sniping and making comments all of which were ignored but what Sky sports and MOTD failed to pick up was the amount of comments coming from both teams prior to his sending off towards the referee.

Bennett was poor from the start to the finish. Even denying united a clear cut penalty. How all you filthy scummy b*stards would be moaning now if the score would have been different and the penalty not given.

Gerrard, Carrager were non existent. FACT.

And i think with all this respect the referee talk being bandied about shouldnt it be a case that managers have the same. IE. Red Nose & Sidekick. The constant press releases prior to the game about the standard of refereeing in the game needed in the game and his previous comments in other games, must be stopped as they themself inflict pressure on the referee even before a game has been kicked. this is and just as bad as Players disrespecting the referee. The FA should put a stop to this and Fergie has frequently and blatantly tried to swing the favour of refs before the BIG games using the media. I recollect a European Tie a few years back and this game also..

however fair play united, we were not up to scratch Mascherano did not help.

Chelsea for the title.

Will
27-03-2008, 05:04 PM
whats up dont like the truth ?

Your team have pretty much got the title wrapped up, but you still have to have a dig at other teams, even teams you weren't playing, why not just be pleased with how well your team's doing?

I mean Arsenal don't deserve any respect for how they're doing at the moment, San Siro game aisde, so I'm not bothered about peoples comments, since they're pretty much deserved.

Will
27-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Besides, I was only joking about that, I hope United beat the Chavs to the title, despite Man U fans... At least Gary Neville hasn't played enough games to get a winners medal I believe. I don't like Ronaldo either, but at least he's a class player and certainly deserves Premiership player of the year, although World player of the Year is more complicated and usually goes to the best player in the team who won the CL or the Euro's/World Cup.

nick_anarchy
27-03-2008, 05:40 PM
will ... i say it how i see it , you all go on about utd and the shinking ship comment will never die ! if u dont like it then unlucky put up or shut up simple as that :)

Numeric
27-03-2008, 05:57 PM
to be fair Will wasn't the only one claiming that United was a sinkin ship back in them dark days

nick_anarchy
27-03-2008, 08:46 PM
to be fair Will wasn't the only one claiming that United was a sinkin ship back in them dark days

aye very true but that comment only came from will .. end of the day if u cant take it dont give it ....

if we slip up and chelsea or arsenal nip it at the end then fair play its still there for the taking and its still a 3 horse race. Its not over and no one has won it yet , to say utd have wraped it up is just ****in stupid....yes we hold the advantage but football is football and in the english game anyone can beat anyone

Traxx
31-03-2008, 10:51 AM
http://i30.tinypic.com/294lzys.gif

Thought this was funny. And not a milllion miles away from the truth...

Numeric
31-03-2008, 10:59 AM
funny, but your team were still owned though

31-03-2008, 12:47 PM
hahahaha.

Just made my day!

278d7e64a374de26f==