PDA

View Full Version : Ortofon

K Front
18-12-2003, 09:09 PM
I bought some Ortofon needles about 3 weeks ago and as soon as i started playing with them i noticed that every other tune i played sounded fuzzy, like what old needles sound like when there worn out.
I know it was defonetly the needles because i have checked by swaping the needles with my old ones on the same tune.

So i gave it a week or two and they were no better, i took them back to the shop and the bloke thought it was strange and sent them back. They were sent back to the shop and said they were fine! So theres nothing i can do about it. They are still sounding bad now..

I think this is pretty out of order because the only thing i can think of is to buy just two more needles for 50 quid! But im not sure i trust them to work either, so i dont want to throw my money away..

Does anyone else have these?

EmotionComplex
18-12-2003, 09:25 PM
are they concorde carts? ive had a similar experience when i bought a pair of stanton i-tracks but after a good 1-2 weeks they started to sound sweet, i think they might need time to be broken in as this has been the case with all my needles, they have allways sounded better after a week or 2

K Front
18-12-2003, 09:36 PM
Yeh there concorde, thats what i thought, but i have given them a good caining for 2 weeks.. Ill see how it goes though.

EmotionComplex
18-12-2003, 10:34 PM
if there sounding the same after 3-4 weeks then i reckon there faulty mate, is it both or just one?

K Front
19-12-2003, 08:35 AM
Yeh its both. Ill see what happens in a couple weeks. ;)

Andy__C
19-12-2003, 10:22 AM
try leaving the carts rest on the vinyl overnight............

I've never done this, but a few of my scratch dj mate's do it for they're shure carts...........

apparently their carts don't break in properly till about 2 months after use……. :eh: Its to do with the bearings softening up above the needle……… anyway.....they leave the needle rest overnight on the record to help quicken it up, but don't leave the record spinning as that wear's out the needle..........

never had ur prob on my concorde dj's's...........
weird that its both needles too

K Front
19-12-2003, 10:26 AM
Nice one andy, ill try that. ;)

Coleco
21-12-2003, 04:23 PM
my buddy had this problem and he had to lick the contacts everytime he used them. try cleaning out the tone arm and see if that works. he ended up putting a lil dielectric grease on the contacts and never had the problem again. best of luck!

Hakka.
21-12-2003, 10:21 PM
my buddy had this problem and he had to lick the contacts everytime he used them. try cleaning out the tone arm and see if that works. he ended up putting a lil dielectric grease on the contacts and never had the problem again. best of luck!

Put some cat food on them first so your cat can do the licking. Cats have rougher tounges, I hear.

K Front
05-01-2004, 02:40 PM
Put cat food on my needles and get a cat to lick them? hmmm.. you are a strange mark. :lol:

Right they are really starting to get on my nervs now, anyone want to buy any needles? :lol:

EmotionComplex
05-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Put cat food on my needles and get a cat to lick them? hmmm.. you are a strange mark. :lol:

Right they are really starting to get on my nervs now, anyone want to buy any needles? :lol:

wow they are still sounding bad? do you know anyone else who has a pair that hasnt had any prbolems, might be worth either taking yours round to theres and jamming them on the decks to see if its a problem with yours or sticking theres onto your decks and seeing if it lies elsewere

K Front
05-01-2004, 09:11 PM

wow they are still sounding bad? do you know anyone else who has a pair that hasnt had any prbolems, might be worth either taking yours round to theres and jamming them on the decks to see if its a problem with yours or sticking theres onto your decks and seeing if it lies elsewere

I do know someone else with them but they live miles away.. :cry:

Do you say this because you think there may be a problem with the decks? Because i still have my old needles and when i put them on it sounds fine. Or do you mean the ortofons may not work with the decks?

EmotionComplex
05-01-2004, 10:04 PM

I do know someone else with them but they live miles away.. :cry:

Do you say this because you think there may be a problem with the decks? Because i still have my old needles and when i put them on it sounds fine. Or do you mean the ortofons may not work with the decks?

i wasnt sure of there was problems with something at your mixer side of things but if the older needles sound fine then it cant be that, maybe there really tough bastards that are going to take 6 months to brake in lol

K Front
05-01-2004, 10:16 PM
I hope so, big waste of money else. :cry:

galaxy77
03-04-2004, 11:47 PM
u aint got too much weight on, em ave u mate???? did u follow the insructions?? :roll:

galaxy77
03-04-2004, 11:48 PM
u aint got too much weight on, em ave u mate???? did u follow the insructions?? :roll: i am not a geezer!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==