PDA

View Full Version : Sick Decks, Please Help

RedRob
20-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Hello,

Was at a house party a few weeks ago, arrived and set up my technics 1200's, mixer, laptop and serato. Turned on all of the above, all lights came on, nothing out of the ordinary at all. Realised i hadnt plugged in my external HD so did that, then the lights went off on me decks. mixer, laptop and everything else fine but decks not happenin. Changed the fuses in the plugs but nothin. Had to mix through serato with my little mouse pad on my laptop. Was an interesting experience alri but not somethin id be wanting to do too much.

Now, there was also a sound system plugged in and god knows what else about the house. maybe the HD tipped things over the edge but strange that only the decks went off.

Is there a special little fuse inside that i could locate myself or is it a case of havin to get them to a repair centre? There was a very slight sulphurous smell which im really hoping was just a nice inexpensive little fuse telling me it was fried.

Any help would be much appreciated

Rob :)

Barely Human
20-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Probably the internal fuse.

Pop off your platter. This is done easilly by putting your fingers in the 2 holes and wiggling the platter gently in a see saw action. Sometimes they are a twat to get off so you may have to give it a little tap while applying pressure.

Then take off the cover. On the circuit board you should see a clear fuse. Remove it carefully and test it.

RedRob
24-03-2008, 11:01 PM
sound stuff man. ill have a wee look at that when i get a chance. sounds straightforward enough. nice one :)

278d7e64a374de26f==