PDA

View Full Version : Relentless Schranz Recordings

piginabush
22-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Relentless Schranz Recordings will be launching in the Summer of 2008. As the name suggests, Schranz will be the order of the day with a large helping of Hardtechno thrown in for good measure!

We are now looking for both established producers and new talents who are producing to a high standard within these genres. If you think that you have what it takes to take this new label to a new level then please send your productions to us at the label. We suggest that you save your tracks as an mp3, and use one of the many file hosts to send the link to us; if you do not already use a file host we can recommend File Factory for its easy use when uploading files. Please do not send full tracks to our email address as they will probably not get through to us.

If you know someone who would be interested please let them know. We are confident that there is a growing push behind the Hardtechno and Schranz scene within the UK and we are absolutely positive that this will grow and grow until it is as big as across into Europe. This is your chance to be a part of something big!!

The email address that you need to send your productions to is;

Relentless2K8 [at] aol.com (dont forget to remove the [at] and replace with the @ sign)

Many Thanks

Geoff Nugent
Label Manager
Relentless Schranz Recordings

eyeswithoutaface
23-03-2008, 12:07 PM
i bet that was one lenghty brainstorm session to come up with that name

that spiel is a load of crap too, "regular" techno has a hard enough time of it over in the UK right now, never mind Schranz. In the nicest possible manner you are seriously wasting your time if you think Schranz is going to kick off over here, and i really hope you dont splurge alot of money on more schranz vinyl, because in all seriousness, the words "saturated" and "market" have never, ever been more apt

good luck though of course

A.P.
23-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Good luck with the label mate, hope it goes well for you.
I'll send ya some stuff soon.

piginabush
24-03-2008, 02:21 PM
i bet that was one lenghty brainstorm session to come up with that name

that spiel is a load of crap too, "regular" techno has a hard enough time of it over in the UK right now, never mind Schranz. In the nicest possible manner you are seriously wasting your time if you think Schranz is going to kick off over here, and i really hope you dont splurge alot of money on more schranz vinyl, because in all seriousness, the words "saturated" and "market" have never, ever been more apt

good luck though of course

thanks for your support mate, its comments like those that you have posted that is EXACTLY the reason that ALL techno is having a hard time in the UK, smallminded comments firstly attacking my choice of name and then telling me that I am wasting my time.

I knew there was a reason why I went from a regular BOA poster to a very infrequent visitor..... attitudes like this :(

piginabush
24-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Good luck with the label mate, hope it goes well for you.
I'll send ya some stuff soon.

cheers fella, I look forward to hearing your stuff ;)

eyeswithoutaface
24-03-2008, 03:01 PM
thanks for your support mate, its comments like those that you have posted that is EXACTLY the reason that ALL techno is having a hard time in the UK, smallminded comments firstly attacking my choice of name and then telling me that I am wasting my time.

I knew there was a reason why I went from a regular BOA poster to a very infrequent visitor..... attitudes like this :(

yeah whatever, grow up, i was offering a slice of reality at the moment. Truth hurts unfortunately.

but your right, my opinion on new schranz labels with awful names are EXACTLY the reason why the WHOLE techno scene is having a hard time in the Uk. I guess im alot more influential than i thought

A.P.
24-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Why do you have to put a downer on things man?
The guy is trying to set up a label and push his ideas an you just put him down straight away.

If your not into schranz, dont reply to the thread init.

eyeswithoutaface
24-03-2008, 04:16 PM
im not putting a downer on it, i was taking the piss in the first thread and just giving a valid opinion on a new venture, nothing wrong with that.

totally missed my point which was predictable, it's market that is in a bad way and my point was i just think people should do more research, there is an ocean of schranz labels out there, it's actually insane how many labels there are in the whole of techno, and yeah to be honest the spiel posted just makes me cringe.

no one said im not into schranz. I like the very first genuine schranz (before this style even had a name basically) records from the likes of wittekind, amok and natus, the Knee Deep ep's they did were excellent, still listen to em occasionally

DannyBlack
24-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Relentless Schranz Recordings will be launching in the Summer of 2008. As the name suggests, Schranz will be the order of the day with a large helping of Hardtechno thrown in for good measure!

We are now looking for both established producers and new talents who are producing to a high standard within these genres. If you think that you have what it takes to take this new label to a new level then please send your productions to us at the label. We suggest that you save your tracks as an mp3, and use one of the many file hosts to send the link to us; if you do not already use a file host we can recommend File Factory for its easy use when uploading files. Please do not send full tracks to our email address as they will probably not get through to us.

If you know someone who would be interested please let them know. We are confident that there is a growing push behind the Hardtechno and Schranz scene within the UK and we are absolutely positive that this will grow and grow until it is as big as across into Europe. This is your chance to be a part of something big!!

The email address that you need to send your productions to is;

Relentless2K8 [at] aol.com (dont forget to remove the [at] and replace with the @ sign)

Many Thanks

Geoff Nugent
Label Manager
Relentless Schranz Recordings

Im in, i will see if i have anything to send to you! good luck with this!!!

BRADLEE
24-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Well man, best of luck with it for sure. The game is rough for all of those in the vinyl game right now....not just the schranz peeps. So as long as your confident that your materials are better than the other crap on the market at the time, then you've got just as much of a shot as anyone else. Just be pre-paired for the very good chance of taking a loss.....On the other hand, that record is one of the best business cards you'll ever have.

piginabush
24-03-2008, 06:21 PM
cheers for all the messages of good luck guys, I am determined to make a good go of it ;)

eyeswithoutaface - the name comes from my night which is a schranz night and funnily enough is called Relentless. I wanted to call it just Relentless Recordings but there is already one that has pop artists like Joss Stone and KT Tunstall on it so I couldnt have it, which is why I added the word schranz.

As far as I can tell, and I have been keeping an eye on it for a little while, but there seems to be more promoters willing to have a hardtechno & schranz room at their nights and there are more DJs popping up with mixes and tracks online, which is adding to the growth within the genre. Its one of the reasons why I started the label, to help to grow the stature of the genre within the techno scene within the UK..... Ill make hardly any money from it and more than likely the artists will not make a fortune, but its not about that ;) Its about getting our UK talent noticed within this genre across into europe.

If you dont like my spiel and my passion for making this work then thats fair enough but I am not going to let negative comments from one on a message board stop me from making this succeed ;)

eyeswithoutaface
24-03-2008, 06:52 PM
im not doubting your passion, i just think maybe people need to do alot more research before suddenly announcing they are a label owner and make out they are going to take things to new levels. The schranz boom is over unfortunately, and things have leveled out even for the bigger sellers in that genre, and that's coming from working with people in the genre and having an active interest in releasing records and keeping an eye on sales within the genre. Just because the odd club within a 50 mile radius of where you live says they want to have the odd schranz artist on doesnt equate to record sales unfortunately.

I think your really underestimating your market before you've got going to be honest, schranz isnt something that's suddenly going to explode, it exploded 5 years ago and now has settled into its own rut within the genre we call techno

i did wish you goodluck from the offset you should notice

piginabush
24-03-2008, 10:15 PM
im not doubting your passion, i just think maybe people need to do alot more research before suddenly announcing they are a label owner and make out they are going to take things to new levels. The schranz boom is over unfortunately, and things have leveled out even for the bigger sellers in that genre, and that's coming from working with people in the genre and having an active interest in releasing records and keeping an eye on sales within the genre. Just because the odd club within a 50 mile radius of where you live says they want to have the odd schranz artist on doesnt equate to record sales unfortunately.

I think your really underestimating your market before you've got going to be honest, schranz isnt something that's suddenly going to explode, it exploded 5 years ago and now has settled into its own rut within the genre we call techno

i did wish you goodluck from the offset you should notice

thing is matey I did research it and I do still think there is a market. There are plenty of producers producing stuff thats good enough to be released here in the UK that doesnt get released because all the big players are in germany. I havent just suddenly announced that I am going to be a label owner, its something I have thought long and hard about for about 6 months, and researched for about 3 months or so.

I also understand there is not an explosion in schranz and that the genre is older than just a couple of months, I just think that it is suddenly getting a lot more exposure than it did this time say a year ago in the UK and I think it will continue to grow and develop in this country, and I would like to be a part of that growth.

eyeswithoutaface
24-03-2008, 11:02 PM
im sorry, but as someone actively releasing, that to me is a load of bull. It's piss easy to get a release sorted these days if your tracks are good enough, and if your finding it impossible to get a release as a producer, then maybe you gotta look at what you are doing and rethink. I dont mean you personally, i mean people in general. The fact that all the big players might live in germany means absolutely nothing im afraid mate, it certainly doesnt stop people from the UK getting their records out.

schranz aint getting any more or any less exposure over here than it has for the whole time it's been around mate, sorry to say it, it's pretty vague and slightly naive to describe it as otherwise. I understand your excited about your new project and rightly so, but i wouldnt want anyone walking into the messy business that is running a label without knowing the full details. Schranz peaked about 2 years ago and thing's arent going to change over here.

good luck again

piginabush
24-03-2008, 11:18 PM
ok mate, thats cool, its your opinion and you are entitled to say what you think, however Ill keep doing what I am doing and we shall see where it takes me ;)

eyeswithoutaface
24-03-2008, 11:31 PM
of course, like i say, i hope things go well. What i would say is maybe try the digital route first, it's a great way of testing the water without losing thousands on pressing vinyl that potentially might not sell

piginabush
25-03-2008, 02:50 PM
of course, like i say, i hope things go well. What i would say is maybe try the digital route first, it's a great way of testing the water without losing thousands on pressing vinyl that potentially might not sell

cool mate, thats a good idea that I may well take on board and try out first ;)

judas_beast
25-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Good luck, I'll send you some stuff.

djfilthmonger
29-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Of course not everyone on this forum is from the UK and acts the bollox when the word schranz is mentioned.
id happily pay money for schranz and would go out my way to travel to see the djs i like,
best of luck with this label. hope everthing goes well. and I appreciate that your giving us a chance to get a track on your label.
so best of luck from over seas in Ireland.

piginabush
30-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Of course not everyone on this forum is from the UK and acts the bollox when the word schranz is mentioned.
id happily pay money for schranz and would go out my way to travel to see the djs i like,
best of luck with this label. hope everthing goes well. and I appreciate that your giving us a chance to get a track on your label.
so best of luck from over seas in Ireland.

thank you very much matey ;)

The Overfiend
01-04-2008, 04:21 AM
Good Luck with your project, keep pushing for what you believe in mate.

piginabush
01-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Good Luck with your project, keep pushing for what you believe in mate.

cheers fella :)

278d7e64a374de26f==