PDA

View Full Version : Hard Techno

Nomak
23-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Can anyone tell what sort of thing they stick between the kicks, or sidechained to the kick in hard techno? Its nhot really my thing but listened to some today and cant work out what they use for that whoomphing sound or that fizzing crackling distorted sound.

Also is it just my ears or is everything massively distorted and filtered apart from the kick?

What sort of bpm are they making these tunes originally?

eyeswithoutaface
23-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Blackout Audio award for vaguest post EVER officially goes to you mate ;)

you need to be alot more specific, what are you trying to achieve? examples would be great, as basically saying "how do you get that sound that they get in hard techno" is hard to go on, giving we dont know

a. what "that" sound is

or

b. who "they" are

as for the distorted elements and bpms, again, you need to be precise mate, as if i have no clue what your on about, im pretty sure alot of others wont, and you might not get a fair chance of the help you need

give us some examples of what your after matey

Nomak
23-03-2008, 09:57 PM
heh sorry my head is also a bit vague today.. Hmm well from what I heard of the hard techno\schranz it all sounded quite the same, some sort of crispy distorted sounds under\between the kicks.

I was just wondering as I wanted to have a go.

I will try and find some clips online, they being people that produce that sort of music.

TechMouse
25-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Pretty much anything you like distorted to buggery.

judas_beast
25-03-2008, 01:12 PM
I swear this question comes up every week! Distort, bit crush and generally put mad effects on loads of percussive hits, maybe side chain to the kick so it doesn't get swamped. Et viola.

Nomak
25-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Safe cheers, I will have a go and see what it sounds like!

TechMouse
25-03-2008, 01:27 PM
I swear this question comes up every week!
One for the FAQ, perhaps?

We have an article on sidechaining.

judas_beast
25-03-2008, 03:15 PM
One for the FAQ, perhaps?

We have an article on sidechaining.

Good call.

278d7e64a374de26f==