PDA

View Full Version : Wonky scratchy mash-up type tunes...

jonnyspeed
19-12-2003, 02:37 PM
Anybody got a definitive genre for those tracks that are very scratch influenced but still have a hard squat techno suck-punch bass? Kinda
squat-scratch crossover.

Kind thinking of tunes like like DJ Jerome's Riffin' on Don't or Scratch on on Audio 10, Lenny D vs Darc Marc - Collaboration EP on Subvert and the numberous tracks with Eminem samples. But not the funk, dub or latin crossover stuff.

I love bass! :love:

spiralx
19-12-2003, 08:37 PM
Do we really need another genre? :P

jonnyspeed
20-12-2003, 12:52 AM
no but it might help buying records - once you've got to acid vs. techno yer kinda need a way of saying I like this but not that without having to listen to a stack of 50 records or naming tunes.

**** it. No you don't need another genre but if there is a word for it...

Bughead
20-12-2003, 02:27 AM
Go on the genre splitting...

i think we'll call it hedonistic techno...
So the new thing for 2004 is hedonistic techno.
You saw it here first...

Do we really need another genre? :P

crime
20-12-2003, 11:20 AM
Kind thinking of tunes like like DJ Jerome's Riffin' on Don't or Scratch on on Audio 10, Lenny D vs Darc Marc - Collaboration EP on Subvert and the numberous tracks with Eminem samples.

wouldn't say any of this stuff was particuarly wonky or mash up, all pretty straight sounding to me....
if you like that hip hop cut up thing, check out old Pimp stuff, or the new Turning point record.... There's been loads of it about for ages...

jonnyspeed
20-12-2003, 11:47 AM
cheers mate. maybe wonky was the wrong term... mash-up I must challenge you on mash-up.... mashes with my head or maybe that's the urban medicine :lol:

I just kinda end upstanding in record shops going "er... not he compressed loop stuff but kinda more squat party with scratching and vocal stabs in the kick-off" - if I don't know the label.

So if anybody has got some other labels/tracks they would recommend?

ROD
20-12-2003, 04:28 PM
i think its artefact01 or 2 dont know.
its julian liberator and jerome.
i think is that one.
cheers ROD

crime
20-12-2003, 09:21 PM
i think its artefact01 or 2 dont know.
its julian liberator and jerome.

I think it's 01, picture disk, and yes, that is a cool record...
I suppose wedafuqawi, and maybe even Labels such as Pro-Jex, and some of the recent Djax stuff, DJ Bam Bam, Wyndell Long specifically...

278d7e64a374de26f==