PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL BOA FORUM PARTY 'Experiments In Sound’ @ The Techno Experiment, Manchester

Mucky Beats
27-03-2008, 01:16 PM
THE TECHNO EXPERIMENT & BLACKOUT AUDIO PRESENTS

‘EXPERIMENTS IN SOUND’

Saturday 24th May 2008

@ The Music Box, Oxford Road, Manchester, M1 6QF

10pm - 4am

At the turn of the twenty-first century, arising like a phoenix from the ashes of change, a new concept for the future of sound was unleashed in the form of Blackout Audio. Now, eight years on, their originators and collaborators emerge from the depths of creativity to join with the Techno Experiment in a stunning six-hour presentation in the heart of Manchester’s burgeoning club scene. It’s a chance for like-minded warriors, both old and new, to descend from all corners of the globe, sharing thoughts and ideals. Join the insurgence and become a part of the sonic revolution at this un-missable, one-off, ‘Experiment In Sound’.

MAIN ROOM:

Surgeon (Hard Classics Set)

It doesn’t come more experimental than Tony Childs aka The Surgeon. With production and remix credits spanning nearly fifteen years, his releases on labels such as Tresor, Downwards, Counterbalance and even Sheffield’s giant Warp imprint, have shaped music as we know it. His industrial roots have even seen the formation of the infamous British Murder Boys Project with Karl O’Conner (aka Regis). Tonight he takes us through his most defining moments, bombarding us with a barrage of dark, nasty electronics that sound just as good now as they ever did.

Inigo Kennedy Vs Mark EG (Battle Of The Minds)

Asymmetric label owner Inigo Kennedy goes head-to-head with Blackout Audio’s head honcho Mark EG (aka The Anxious) for this pioneering and futuristic battle of twisted, melancholy resonance and punishing, driving rhythm. Although their friendship stems from long before the label’s conception, a shared vision for change means the gloves must finally come off. Prepare for a new beginning, as you’re locked into a dark cycle of perverse, musical experimentation. Electronic warfare at it’s best.

DAVE The Drummer, Jerome Hill & Mucky Beats

Responsible for a jaw-dropping selection of music, Dave The Drummer has produced on labels such as Blackout Audio, Pounding Grooves, Fine Audio, 4x4 as well as his very own Hydraulix imprint. Tonight’s sees him opposite Ugly Funk resident Jerome Hill (Don’t Recordings), who’s maverick style of techno has led to the formation of his own innovative imprint Don’t Recordings. Finally we throw Techno Experiment resident Mucky Beats (Compound/Kick The Drum) into the mix for some demonic off-kilter action.

Oriel & Danny Spilsbury

Manchester’s Female techno-superstar Oriel meets Danny Spilsbury (Damage), as they both crank up the gains to wreak havok on the dancefloor.

Tiptoe & D Jacques

Residents Tiptoe and D Jacques with a back-to-back selection of futuristic mayhem.

ALTERNATIVE ROOM:

Jerome Hill (Mash-up Set)
Henry Cullen (Mutate To Survive Live Set)
Furness & Venom - Chibuku
Maily - Pure Techno
Just Frank - Techno Elite

+ BOA Forum DJ Competition Winner TBA ... MORE INFO ON THIS SOON!

Also after party ... 4am till 8am featuring Inigo Kennedy, Triple B , Motor DJs, Sh!t Step and techno experiment and damage residents

MARK NEENAN
28-03-2008, 01:31 PM
This look's wicked!

Surgeon (Hard Classics Set) - Would love to see him again, especaially playing hard!

Jerome Hill (Mash-up Set) &
Henry Cullen (Mutate To Survive Live Set) - Would love to hear these!

Cracking line up yet again mackie & Co!

Tiptoe
28-03-2008, 09:15 PM
am really looking forwards to dropping some pounders at this!

acidguru
31-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Wicked..
Hope this will be recorded for all those members who can´t make it to Manchester..

MARK ANXIOUS
02-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Just wanna say, this is a total pleasure and privilege to present our first BOA party ever - in the eight years we've been running. One of my fave artists The Surgeon, as well as BOA artists Inigo Kennedy and Dave The Drummer plus one of me and Chrissi's best DJ friends Jerome Hill . There's been so much demand over the years to put on a BOA party but we've held off, purely because we needed to find the right place and people to do it with. The Techno Experiment have exactly the right ethos and passion as we do and we sincerely hope all our members and supporters come out for this momentous occasion. We want to do something totally different and completely unique and we think this is the place to do it. I think the line-up shows it too. To all forum members: Come and join the party - meet the ppl you talk to every day and let's get even closer. To all label supporters: Come and enjoy the music for what it is and see a slightly deeper side to our music too.

Can't wait to see you all here. This is gonna be an incredible 'Experiment In Sound' :)

BRADLEE
03-04-2008, 01:09 AM
Wish I could be there homie...

RDR
03-04-2008, 07:51 AM
am really looking forwards to dropping some pounders at this!

So am i.

QTR pounders - i can guarantee i'll get hungry half way through and go looking for Van's of much mankyness.

Tiptoe
03-04-2008, 08:13 AM
mate i'll be joining you. we can nip over the road for a burger. I always get hungry by 12!

DJ RE:HAB
03-04-2008, 09:41 AM
I might come to this.

But there only seems to be representation of Techno even though the board represents more than this?

Im all up for Techno dont get me wrong, but i would of thought there would be of been a more genre varied line up.

Were is the nearest travel lodge to the venue

MARK ANXIOUS
03-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Blackout Audio is a techno label so I suppose a techno party was the obvious thing to go for. But you're right. The forum itself does represent more than this. I suppose it was either go for a huge party with like 5 rooms or keep it on a more underground scale like this and focus. OK, we'll look to doing a bigger, more varied thing down the line for sure. But for now, honestly, this will be a crackin get together, with some really great music. Screw on ya techno head and get yourself down - you know you want too!!!

DJ RE:HAB
03-04-2008, 03:13 PM
You may of just twisted my arm...

Richierush
03-04-2008, 10:36 PM
get the strippers on an ill be there :cheese:

Tiptoe
04-04-2008, 11:03 AM
oriel will be stripping during her set so you will be well catered for

Richierush
04-04-2008, 08:06 PM
oriel i havnt seen photos of so i aint agree'n just yet :lol:

kittykorrupt
07-04-2008, 08:23 PM
excuse me i have not agreed to this and i will not be stripping during my set thank you very much.

but i'm sure if you ask tiptoe he will happily get his bitch tits out for ya haha

Tiptoe
07-04-2008, 09:48 PM
my bitch tits can't compare to oriels i'm arrfaid!

kittykorrupt
08-04-2008, 03:15 PM
haha what ever but either way this is purely a techno party not a strip show :techno:

RDR
08-04-2008, 03:24 PM
mate i'll be joining you. we can nip over the road for a burger. I always get hungry by 12!

Im there man!

maily
09-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Im there man!

you may need to ring ahead, so they can get a bulk order in to cater for you =o

RDR
09-04-2008, 09:42 AM
you may need to ring ahead, so they can get a bulk order in to cater for you =o

:lol:

Well, at least i dont live in Hull

maily
09-04-2008, 12:36 PM
no but u wanna

Mindful
09-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Nice...I should be there.

Mucky Beats
11-04-2008, 01:39 PM
For this event we will be doing limited ealry bird tickets untill may 12th for only £10 each get them quick before they all fly away !! you can still pay on the door for more.

Tickets are also going to be sold in record shops around the north as of this monday.

Skiddle...

http://www.skiddle.com/whatson/guide.php/skiddle/Manchester/Music_Box/The_Techno_Experiment_+_Blackout_Audio/11229974/

Dontstayin.com...

http://www.dontstayin.com/uk/manchester/the-music-box/2008/may/24/event-169066

A.P.
11-04-2008, 03:32 PM
For this event we will be doing limited ealry bird tickets untill may 12th for only £10 each get them quick before they all fly away !! you can still pay on the door for more.

Tickets are also going to be sold in record shops around the north as of this monday.

Skiddle...

http://www.skiddle.com/whatson/guide.php/skiddle/Manchester/Music_Box/The_Techno_Experiment_+_Blackout_Audio/11229974/

Dontstayin.com...

http://www.dontstayin.com/uk/manchester/the-music-box/2008/may/24/event-169066
Do me and Mark get in free as it's our birthdays that weekend... :wink:

Mucky Beats
15-04-2008, 02:55 PM
The last after party kicked ass!!!

and its back for this event 4am til 8am and we have inigo kennedy alongside ... triple b , mucky beats , oriel , danny spilsbury , mark anderson & trevor savory ... remeber to get your £5 tickets in the main event.

davemoore
22-04-2008, 02:11 PM
This look's wicked!

Surgeon (Hard Classics Set) - Would love to see him again, especaially playing hard!

Jerome Hill (Mash-up Set) &
Henry Cullen (Mutate To Survive Live Set) - Would love to hear these!

Cracking line up yet again mackie & Co!

mark where is somserset you from m8

Frank Dogshit
03-05-2008, 02:51 PM
http://www.paradigmx.com/other/surgeon_birmingham.mp3

a surgeon 'hard classics' set...guz down a treat.

00.00 : Surgeon - Atol (Downwards)
01.23 : Surgeon - Magneze (Downwards)
04.10 : Regis - ModelFriendship (Downwards)
05.06 : Surgeon - Badger Bite (Downwards)
06.43 : Regis - Speak To Me (Downwards)
09.53 : Surgeon - Optic (Downwards)
10.48 : Regis - Untitled (from Hard Eduction sampler) (Downwards)
11.44 : Regis - Baptism (Downwards)
12.40 : Regis - Adolescence (Downwards)
13.35 : Female - Gayscene (Downwards)
14.31 : Female - Angel Plaque (Downwards)
15.47 : Karl O'Connor & Peter Sutton - Guiltless (Tresor)
17.11 : Surgeon - Intro (Version II) (Tresor)
19.30 : Surgeon - Return (Tresor)
20.54 : Surgeon - Credence part 2 (Dynamic Tension)
22.45 : Surgeon - Credence part 4 (Dynamic Tension)
23.40 : User - User02 b1 (User Records)
24.36 : User - User03 a2 (User Records)
25.32 : User - User05 a1 (User Records)
26.28 : User - User06 d2 (User Records)
27.23 : Surgeon - La Real (Counterbalance)
28.40 : Surgeon - Waiting For Me (Counterbalance)
30.38 : Surgeon - Midnight Club Tracks part 1.1 (Counterbalance)
31.34 : Surgeon - Midnight Club Tracks part 2.1 (Counterbalance)
32.44 : Surgeon - Midnight Club Tracks part 2.2 (Counterbalance)
33.39 : Diversion Group - All Boys, No Girls (Downwards)
34.35 : Diversion Group - Shirts and Skins (Downwards)
35.02 : Surgeon - Setting The Scene (Dynamic Tension)
36.54 : Surgeon - Sleep (Ultra Violet) (Dynamic Tension)
40.09 : Surgeon - Death Before Surrender (Downwards)
42.00 : Surgeon - Another Body (Counterbalance)
43.23 : Surgeon - Prowler (Counterbalance)
45.29 : Surgeon - Exhibit (Counterbalance)
48.16 : Surgeon - Shaper Of The Unknown (Counterbalance)
49.11 : Karl O'Connor, Peter Sutton & Ian J. Richardson - Death Head Said (Downwards)
50.35 : Regis & Ian J. Richardson - Untergang (Sandwell District)
51.58 : Regis - Get On Your Knees (Downwards)
53.04 : Regis - White Stains (Downwards)
53.32 : Vandross - Hurt Me I'm Waiting (Female RMX) (Sandwell District)
55.24 : Paul Bailey - Saturday Boy (Surgeon RMX) (1881 Records)
57.57 : Paul Bailey - Informantion Illusion (Rodz-Konez)
59.20 : British Murder Boys - Learn Your Lesson (Counterbalance)
62.35 : British Murder Boys - Don't Give Way To Fear part 2 (Counterbalance)
63.30 : British Murder Boys - Fist (Downwards)
64.26 : British Murder Boys - Father Loves Us (Counterbalance)
67.13 : British Murder Boys - Anti Inferno (Counterbalance)
69.32 : Surgeon - Klonk part 2 (Dynamic Tension)
71.23 : Surgeon - Untitled 2.3 (Counterbalance)
73.43 : Surgeon - Untitled 3.2 (Counterbalance)

djfurness
13-05-2008, 04:53 PM
cant wait for this. been far too long since ive seen you mark!
I remember you looking after me when I was a 16 year old pil*ed up raver outside The Sanctuary in your yellow bubble jacket :)

MARK NEENAN
13-05-2008, 06:12 PM
mark where is somserset you from m8

Only just read this. I'm from sunny bridgwater m8. Yourself? You going to the experiment then? It's gonna be wicked! ;-)

Cheers

Orbit_Boy
15-05-2008, 11:49 PM
OK, It's time for Grandad to dust off his cargo pants, tie his trainers to the railings and punch his fists in the air. Upside down of course. Might get Paul Mckenna to hypnotise me to believe that the Orbit never shut and has simply moved.

ONE MORE!!!!!

Mucky Beats
16-05-2008, 03:46 PM
OK, It's time for Grandad to dust off his cargo pants, tie his trainers to the railings and punch his fists in the air. Upside down of course. Might get Paul Mckenna to hypnotise me to believe that the Orbit never shut and has simply moved.

ONE MORE!!!!!

good stuff ... will try and make it a night to remember mate:)

kittykorrupt
18-05-2008, 02:05 PM
If anyone would like paying guest list please email thetechnoexperiment@hotmail.co.uk by Thursday 22nd with your full name :smile:

Mucky Beats
20-05-2008, 10:08 AM
http://www.paradigmx.com/other/surgeon_birmingham.mp3

a surgeon 'hard classics' set...guz down a treat.

00.00 : Surgeon - Atol (Downwards)
01.23 : Surgeon - Magneze (Downwards)
04.10 : Regis - ModelFriendship (Downwards)
05.06 : Surgeon - Badger Bite (Downwards)
06.43 : Regis - Speak To Me (Downwards)
09.53 : Surgeon - Optic (Downwards)
10.48 : Regis - Untitled (from Hard Eduction sampler) (Downwards)
11.44 : Regis - Baptism (Downwards)
12.40 : Regis - Adolescence (Downwards)
13.35 : Female - Gayscene (Downwards)
14.31 : Female - Angel Plaque (Downwards)
15.47 : Karl O'Connor & Peter Sutton - Guiltless (Tresor)
17.11 : Surgeon - Intro (Version II) (Tresor)
19.30 : Surgeon - Return (Tresor)
20.54 : Surgeon - Credence part 2 (Dynamic Tension)
22.45 : Surgeon - Credence part 4 (Dynamic Tension)
23.40 : User - User02 b1 (User Records)
24.36 : User - User03 a2 (User Records)
25.32 : User - User05 a1 (User Records)
26.28 : User - User06 d2 (User Records)
27.23 : Surgeon - La Real (Counterbalance)
28.40 : Surgeon - Waiting For Me (Counterbalance)
30.38 : Surgeon - Midnight Club Tracks part 1.1 (Counterbalance)
31.34 : Surgeon - Midnight Club Tracks part 2.1 (Counterbalance)
32.44 : Surgeon - Midnight Club Tracks part 2.2 (Counterbalance)
33.39 : Diversion Group - All Boys, No Girls (Downwards)
34.35 : Diversion Group - Shirts and Skins (Downwards)
35.02 : Surgeon - Setting The Scene (Dynamic Tension)
36.54 : Surgeon - Sleep (Ultra Violet) (Dynamic Tension)
40.09 : Surgeon - Death Before Surrender (Downwards)
42.00 : Surgeon - Another Body (Counterbalance)
43.23 : Surgeon - Prowler (Counterbalance)
45.29 : Surgeon - Exhibit (Counterbalance)
48.16 : Surgeon - Shaper Of The Unknown (Counterbalance)
49.11 : Karl O'Connor, Peter Sutton & Ian J. Richardson - Death Head Said (Downwards)
50.35 : Regis & Ian J. Richardson - Untergang (Sandwell District)
51.58 : Regis - Get On Your Knees (Downwards)
53.04 : Regis - White Stains (Downwards)
53.32 : Vandross - Hurt Me I'm Waiting (Female RMX) (Sandwell District)
55.24 : Paul Bailey - Saturday Boy (Surgeon RMX) (1881 Records)
57.57 : Paul Bailey - Informantion Illusion (Rodz-Konez)
59.20 : British Murder Boys - Learn Your Lesson (Counterbalance)
62.35 : British Murder Boys - Don't Give Way To Fear part 2 (Counterbalance)
63.30 : British Murder Boys - Fist (Downwards)
64.26 : British Murder Boys - Father Loves Us (Counterbalance)
67.13 : British Murder Boys - Anti Inferno (Counterbalance)
69.32 : Surgeon - Klonk part 2 (Dynamic Tension)
71.23 : Surgeon - Untitled 2.3 (Counterbalance)
73.43 : Surgeon - Untitled 3.2 (Counterbalance)

deffo expecting some pounders like this init doggers!

jax
21-05-2008, 03:10 PM
wot price is it on the door????????

Technobitch
21-05-2008, 04:41 PM
pm mackie jackie, he will let you know the price

fatcollective
21-05-2008, 04:48 PM
pm mackie jackie, he will let you know the price

who the hell is mackie jackie? hehehe!!! :wink:

jax
21-05-2008, 04:49 PM
shnorted

Frank Dogshit
22-05-2008, 01:03 PM
deffo expecting some pounders like this init doggers!

oh you never know your luck with tony surgeon.

RDR
25-05-2008, 11:20 AM
how did it go?

djfurness
26-05-2008, 12:26 AM
words fail me. absolutely amazing. surgeon...oh...my...god. it felt like I was back at the Voodoo. that means a lot.
jerome in the back room. unreal. henry cullen. boss.
our set was the same time as mark so missed him sadly.
had a chat with him at the end though. still an ultra sound chap.
cant wait for him to invade bar fresa in 2 weeks!

mattboyslim
27-05-2008, 01:05 PM
wicked event
was fun playing some heavyweight electro. Got a few hand shakes from pleased customers!

Had to leave earlyish cos I had 2 gigs on Sunday, so didn't catch Mark, but Surgeon started things off nicely, and Jerome's German Funk was the tits

mattboyslim
27-05-2008, 03:03 PM
http://www.3sss.co.uk/matthintontechnoexpmay2008.mp3

my set, with a little of the Pure Techno guys before, and Jerome Hill after. Enjoi

MARK NEENAN
27-05-2008, 07:07 PM
What furness said!
Henry's minimal was amazing, surgeon = wow! Matt what i caught of you was wicked m8, basically the music was of the highest order all night from start to finish! Was lovin the dubstep furness was playin at the end. I could't decide what room to be in so i was going back and forth! Mark & inigo, great stuff, it really was all good. This was my first experiment, it's definately worth the track!

What a night! Thank's to oriel, mackie, mark & whoever else is involved!

davethedrummer
27-05-2008, 11:25 PM
it was a good one thats for sure
sugeon was great but i was on at the same time

all good though

MARK ANXIOUS
28-05-2008, 12:19 AM
many thanks to everyone involved. it was a great vibe in there. wanna thank matt hinton for coming down, all the 2nd room guys, and also mackie and oriel. was lovely to see henry and jerome :)

as for toni surgeon, well i have to say - i only heard the last bit of his set but omg what i heard was incredible... lovely guy too but hey, you know that ;)

then onto inigo. well OMG what an incredible set for us. it was almost 15 years since we last played together in manchester. it was like yesterday!!!!!

let me know what you all think :)

ok see yaa!!! VIVA MANCHESTER!!!!

mattboyslim
28-05-2008, 12:26 AM
What furness said!
Henry's minimal was amazing, surgeon = wow! Matt what i caught of you was wicked m8, basically the music was of the highest order all night from start to finish! Was lovin the dubstep furness was playin at the end. I could't decide what room to be in so i was going back and forth! Mark & inigo, great stuff, it really was all good. This was my first experiment, it's definately worth the track!

What a night! Thank's to oriel, mackie, mark & whoever else is involved!cheers dude

mattboyslim
28-05-2008, 12:26 AM
many thanks to everyone involved. it was a great vibe in there. wanna thank matt hinton for coming down, all the 2nd room guys, and also mackie and oriel. was lovely to see henry and jerome :)

as for toni surgeon, well i have to say - i only heard the last bit of his set but omg what i heard was incredible... lovely guy too but hey, you know that ;)

then onto inigo. well OMG what an incredible set for us. it was almost 15 years since we last played together in manchester. it was like yesterday!!!!!

let me know what you all think :)

ok see yaa!!! VIVA MANCHESTER!!!!
no worries man. really enjoyed myself. again soon maybe? :-)

Mucky Beats
28-05-2008, 10:59 AM
thanks everyone for a great night ! was great to see so many people make the effort to travel from all over uk big shout to you all you know who you are. also dj's all rocked it back room and front ...everyone was class hats off to you all ! Surgeon played one of the best sets ive heard in a club. big thanks to henry for helping sort the rig at the begining! the whole night had a rave feel to it and mark and inigo with out doubt ended the night in style that last bit of music was madness ! To everyone who came to after party you are all party animals and made it a great follow on from the main event !
Thanks mark & chrissi for all your help and to all BOA members that came.

Hope everyone can make it junes 20th for our summer party with locked and bas mooy

278d7e64a374de26f==