PDA

View Full Version : Seb Marx

APC
29-03-2008, 07:29 PM
http://www.kssrecords.co.uk/music/music1/media/sebmarx-techmix-05-08-05.mp3

That link above goes to a set from Seb Marx. It's been online for ages and most people have probably heard it before. But, I don't know much about the guy apart from my assumption that he does live sets.

This set is ****ing fantastic and I was wondering if any of it was released at all. The last track is immense. If none of it is released, are there any labels that knock out similar stuff as it doesn't seem like the stuff I've heard before apart from when I'm out.

Thanks,

Adam

rhythmtech
30-03-2008, 04:13 PM
one of the tracks is on open source records i think. mark played it on his radio show last year sometime..

also check out kss records 1 & 2 as both have belters from seb on them.

Little_Fella!
31-03-2008, 01:43 AM
Notice you live in Bournemouth - - Seb played for the first Blackbox/Club T.E.D. collaboration at The Volks last year... blindin' set :rockin:

Seb has been playin' 'Live' for years and most of his stuff is written for that purpose - - so you may have some difficulty locating tracks...

I'll ask him regarding your question as I don't know off hand what releases are included in this set, apart from those mentioned...

He will be pleasantly surprised as he is a very un-assuming chappy, and a thoroughly nice one as well, I might add!! :BigThumbUp:

APC
31-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Notice you live in Bournemouth - - Seb played for the first Blackbox/Club T.E.D. collaboration at The Volks last year... blindin' set :rockin:

Seb has been playin' 'Live' for years and most of his stuff is written for that purpose - - so you may have some difficulty locating tracks...

I'll ask him regarding your question as I don't know off hand what releases are included in this set, apart from those mentioned...

He will be pleasantly surprised as he is a very un-assuming chappy, and a thoroughly nice one as well, I might add!! :BigThumbUp:

Hello dude,

thankyou both for your replies!

I have hammered this mix for the last week in my car on way to and from work. Some of the tunes in there I could completely see myself playing out but have had to come to terms with the fact that they will probably not be released. I'm really liking the KSS label though. All 3 have been proper good and I know that several other people who I know who have got em have thought the same. I must admit though, the first release didn't do it for me on my first listen (I only heard it on my laptop speakers) but then I heard it out one night and thought it was ****ing fantastic. I didn't bother listening to 2 or 3 before ordering them.

Do you know what is going on with the minimal and the D+B label, or were they put to the backburner with that whole distributor going under thing?

(Volks is Brighton by the way ;) )

echodek
31-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Seb's the man... he's done some ace stuff.

if you can find them, try and get hold of some of his Globe Warmer releases. http://www.discogs.com/label/Globe+Warmer

also, he'll be out with us at Frenchtek. or if you can get down there, the Rhythm Factory on May 16.

KSS 4 is coming... we've been putting more energy into other things but we've got some great tracks lined up. will have more details soon.

APC - thanks for the kind words man... glad you're rockin our releases. our main focus is going to be the main KSS red label. we've all got jobs and we can't do everything we'd like to do. if you know what i mean!

Jay Pace
01-04-2008, 01:42 PM
He did an awesome set for us down in brighton. One of the best livesets I've seen to be honest.

Man got skills a plenty.

rhythmtech
01-04-2008, 01:46 PM
completly forgot.. i think he did a wikid trible number on "morepunkthanfunk" aswell

A.P.
01-04-2008, 01:54 PM
completly forgot.. i think he did a wikid trible number on "morepunkthanfunk" aswell
He certainly did mate.
A beltin track.

echodek
01-04-2008, 03:03 PM
He certainly did mate.
A beltin track.

forgot that one too. great track. pretty good EP all round, in fact!

acidguru
01-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Check this out:
http://www.diversefrequencies.co.uk/mp3/seb_marx_livepa_at_jakn_09_04_05.mp3

APC
04-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Seb's the man... he's done some ace stuff.

if you can find them, try and get hold of some of his Globe Warmer releases. http://www.discogs.com/label/Globe+Warmer

also, he'll be out with us at Frenchtek. or if you can get down there, the Rhythm Factory on May 16.

KSS 4 is coming... we've been putting more energy into other things but we've got some great tracks lined up. will have more details soon.

APC - thanks for the kind words man... glad you're rockin our releases. our main focus is going to be the main KSS red label. we've all got jobs and we can't do everything we'd like to do. if you know what i mean!

After your recommendation I hunted down a couple of Open Source tunes, one of the Globewarmers, the More Punk Than Funk one and had them delivered yesterday. I just played them and they are heavy as ****. Proper liking them. I'm gonna try and fill in the gaps in my Seb Marx tunes next payday as I need to save a few quids for the upcoming SUF/WahWah and whatever else tunes.

Nice one thanks!!

278d7e64a374de26f==