PDA

View Full Version : Search for Guest DJ for BOA Forum Party 24/05/08

MARK ANXIOUS
03-04-2008, 12:29 AM
OK guys. As you may/may not know we've got the first ever BOA party in like eight years at The Techno Experiment in Manchester (it'll be 2 days before my birthday hehehe). And I thought it would be a great idea to give someone a great opportunity to play a set to a totally up for it crowd at a place where music really matters.

OK so essentially it's a search for good shit. If anyone wants to play, doesnt matter what country you're from or what style you play, post your mixes here, or send me and Chrissi a link: info@blackoutaudio.co.uk. We really are up for any style, anything at all. If you do dark hard techno, great. If you do electro, great. Whatever. We just want good music at the party.

If you need more info for the party check this:

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56664

Can't wait to hear from you all!!!

rhythmtech
03-04-2008, 12:36 AM
does this include those of us who gig quite regularly?

i think it would be a shame if it did.. better to have it as a chance for a newcomer to get a high profile gig (which is near impossible!!!)..

just my opinion of course.

DannyBlack
03-04-2008, 12:58 AM
would a 160 beat schranz/hard techno be accepted? if so, im on it!

MARK ANXIOUS
03-04-2008, 01:13 AM
you know what? whatever. boa is about whatever. who cares if ya play out or ya dont. who cares if ya play schranz or even madonna. if you're good, you're good :) can't wait to hear what ppl have got to say.. music is music, don't care what style it is :)

xes
03-04-2008, 11:23 AM
I'd love to do it,but I'm a shy guy when mixing in public :ohdear: pluss manchester is a TRECK!!

If you want a sketchy hit and miss acid techno set,then I'm yer man :lol:

DannyBlack
03-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Sweet, nice one Mark! The stigma attachatched to what and how I play gets me down... i will get a mix together asap! thanks.

A.P.
03-04-2008, 12:12 PM
It's 2 days after my birthday so i should go and celebrate at this with you Mark.
Brandy & Stellas... hehe!

ampassasinbirmingham
03-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Looks like a good party. wil be intrested to see inigo and mark play together. never seen a 2 dj thing before. and its bank holiday!!!!!

clubsynthetic
03-04-2008, 02:25 PM
sweet, i haven't booked quick and smart's flights for our gig the day after so i could enter this and come back up the road with jerome if i played. will get a set done tonight..

mattboyslim
03-04-2008, 04:09 PM
got an electro mix I did last year. the link has ****ed so will re-upload tonight. schweet

BDC
03-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Here ya go Mark. :)

http://www.brandondecarlo.com/BDC-Th...ions%20v.2.mp3

I'm down for whatever :)

MARK ANXIOUS
03-04-2008, 05:48 PM
link no working mate

BDC
03-04-2008, 07:42 PM
my bad homie...

http://www.brandondecarlo.com/BDC-Threshold%20Sessions%20v.2.mp3

If it doest work this time...I'll getcha a plane ticket and you can come over here to AZ and hit me over the head with a tack hammer...;)

BRADLEE
03-04-2008, 08:40 PM
You guys gonna fly out who you choose Mark?

eyeswithoutaface
03-04-2008, 09:15 PM
hahaha that's slighly optimistic

i think it would of been wise to state Uk only Marky mark ;)

Aratron
03-04-2008, 09:34 PM
i might play blow everybody away.

probably get my head cut off with a sword whilst im playing for being too damned good.

Jay Pace
03-04-2008, 09:39 PM
i might play blow everybody away.

probably get my head cut off with a sword whilst im playing for being too damned good.

Dont be ridiculous, thats a silly exaggeration.

Nobobdy would bother with a sword when a half brick to the temple would do the job.

BRADLEE
03-04-2008, 10:31 PM

:lol: Well had it been a few weeks ago, I would have already been there :lol:

But yeah it was more just a joke, cause I really dont expect that...not in this case.

djfilthmonger
03-04-2008, 10:37 PM
http://www.sendspace.com/file/j8nyu2

Techno set enjoy!

MARK ANXIOUS
03-04-2008, 11:16 PM

damn yeah, sorry everyone. i think a flight from the US might actually be a bit out of the budget. mind you, a budget flight from a european airport to manchester might be do-able if the mix is particularly good :)

been getting some nice emails so far and thanks also for the links on this post.

will keep this running for a few weeks and then make a decision :wink:

Meatsweeper
04-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Yo Mark, you get my email? jus wanna make sure........dont wanna miss the chance !

FuK-NuT
04-04-2008, 04:06 PM
ill do it fer fuk all...

herez my mix... http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56854

BDC
04-04-2008, 04:18 PM
damn yeah, sorry everyone. i think a flight from the US might actually be a bit out of the budget. mind you, a budget flight from a european airport to manchester might be do-able if the mix is particularly good :)

been getting some nice emails so far and thanks also for the links on this post.

will keep this running for a few weeks and then make a decision :wink:

No worries homie...

if ya like what ya hear, please keep some of us in mind in the future if the opportunity arises. :)

Hope the event kicks ass...I'd be there in support if I wasnt here... :)

mattboyslim
05-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Ok, here you go...

http://www.3sss.co.uk/matthintonpresentsmorebooty.mp3

enjoi

Siege
05-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Sorry about the link.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=80QRYQO5

marginmaster
05-04-2008, 08:53 PM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DKP3BEFO :runinja:

module
06-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Outstanding.. what a stonking thing to do..

Good Work Fella :)

West
06-04-2008, 02:57 PM
hmm worth a try, ill get on it.

force
06-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Gunjack?????

clubsynthetic
08-04-2008, 11:26 AM
http://www.zshare.net/audio/10199890323ad509

GET YOURS EARS AROUND THIS
57MB
1HR 2MINS
TECHNO

DannyBlack
09-04-2008, 07:44 PM
What is the closing date on this Mark?

audioinjection
09-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Gunjack?????

gunjack vs. wetworks?? :P

ORIS
09-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Gunjack?????

blatantly !

module
10-04-2008, 12:38 AM
email sent on behalf of The 4th Loop..

again, kudos to mark & co for putting the opportunity there. a mighty brave thing to do.. may the best act win :)

Mucky Beats
12-04-2008, 06:49 PM
really looking forward to hearing the winner on may 24th ... really happy at the response to this comp keep um comming !!!

rhythmtech
12-04-2008, 07:11 PM
ill throw one in the hat then

http://www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/Rhythm_Technologies-Classics_mix.mp3

Aratron
12-04-2008, 07:57 PM
ill throw one in the hat then

http://www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/Rhythm_Technologies-Classics_mix.mp3

you really want me to be the guest dj don't you.

to tell you the truth in all this excitement, i kinda don't know myself.

rhythmtech
12-04-2008, 08:04 PM
tbh i'd like to see someone new to djing get it. be good experience for them. but if the chance is there i'll go for it :-)

Aratron
12-04-2008, 08:45 PM
tbh i'd like to see someone new to djing get it. be good experience for them. but if the chance is there i'll go for it :-)

wot some pre-recorded pc set?

rhythmtech
12-04-2008, 08:55 PM
wot some pre-recorded pc set?

:lol:

you just cant help yourself can you?

so to save face and prove you have the slightest idea of what you're talking about, please explain to us all how an ableton set is "pre-recorded"?

and more to the point, do you really think mark or mackie give a crap what the set is played on? look who's headlining the gig - surgeon.. and what does he play out? you got it in one. ABLETON :lol:

Aratron
12-04-2008, 09:01 PM

so to save face and prove you have the slightest idea of what you're talking about, please explain to us all how an ableton set is "pre-recorded"?

and more to the point, do you really think mark or mackie give a crap what the set is played on? look who's headlining the gig - surgeon.. and what does he play out? you got it in one. ABLETON :lol:

dude i have seen wankers in my town with a pc pressing buttons and pretending to be doing an 'ableton' set. al they are doing is playing soemthing pre-recorded and messing around with the levels.

surgeon is shit mate.

go back to your roots and get your vinyl out. its what your best at imo.

rhythmtech
12-04-2008, 09:06 PM

dude i have seen wankers in my town with a pc pressing buttons and pretending to be doing an 'ableton' set. al they are doing is playing soemthing pre-recorded and messing around with the levels.

surgeon is shit mate.

go back to your roots and get your vinyl out. its what your best at imo.

thats your town isnt it :wink:

and surgeon aint shit.. :wink:

and i have no interest in "getting my vinyl out" - i digitized it and sold it for my studio a long long time ago. :wink:

:wink:

rhythmtech
12-04-2008, 09:07 PM

dude i have seen wankers in my town with a pc pressing buttons and pretending to be doing an 'ableton' set.

ive seen "big name" djs hitting play on a DAT tape b4 "playing" vinyl.. everything is not always as it seems...

Aratron
12-04-2008, 09:14 PM
ive seen "big name" djs hitting play on a DAT tape b4 "playing" vinyl.. everything is not always as it seems...

no way

rhythmtech
12-04-2008, 09:16 PM
daft punk are even rumoured to mime their live set to DAT *ALLEGEDLY*

module
13-04-2008, 01:11 AM
we got it all covered... ableton, 1210s, and hardware..

nah nah :)

rhythmtech
13-04-2008, 02:01 AM
we got it all covered... ableton, 1210s, and hardware..

nah nah :)

everything except the good music eh? :tongue: :lol:

sorry pete.. but you set yourself up for that :lol:

Siege
13-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Ableton is a great piece of shit....use it for live sets myself, but i appreciate a set much more when done on a turntables,cdjs etc..
Ableton is a savior to all those who are a bit ropey at beatmixing....probably gonna get jumped on now for that comment ,but f*ck it :)

rhythmtech
13-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Ableton is a great piece of shit....use it for live sets myself, but i appreciate a set much more when done on a turntables,cdjs etc..
Ableton is a savior to all those who are a bit ropey at beatmixing....probably gonna get jumped on now for that comment ,but f*ck it :)

:eek: *runs to avoid the flying objects hurled at cal

Siege
13-04-2008, 01:54 PM
:eek: *runs to avoid the flying objects hurled at cal

Lol

markandrew
13-04-2008, 01:57 PM

its also a savior to those who can t afford 6 pound a record ,7 hundred pound each for Pioneer CDJ-1000 MK3s the focus should be the music not whats its played on : just need to take away the what you playin on its gettin a it anal now as long as theres good music coming out the speakers who cares :smile:

Siege
13-04-2008, 03:26 PM
its also a savior to those who can t afford 6 pound a record ,7 hundred pound each for Pioneer CDJ-1000 MK3s the focus should be the music not whats its played on : just need to take away the what you playin on its gettin a it anal now as long as theres good music coming out the speakers who cares :smile:

I get what your saying mate relating to price of vinyl,cdj1000 etc...
Like i said,i use ableton myself for live sets, but as for using it to dj,...i just dont think much of that at all...anyone can do that...nxt thing will be, it mixes the trks for ya too!
If good music coming out the speakers is all anybody cares about,than why bother putting on djs,artists at all? why not just stick on a cd of good music and stomp about to that??

I take it your an ableton user also?:)

snooch
13-04-2008, 04:48 PM
I have no problem with an Ableton set whatsoever. As long as it is more than channel mixing and level tweaking. If you are going to do basic mixing, use tables or CDJs. If you are going to use ableton, utilize it's advanced functions. Effects, additional synth and drum lines, loops and so on. And no I don't use ableton, but don't hate on it. I'm not a luddite.

Siege
13-04-2008, 05:10 PM
I dont hate ableton....i just cringe at the idea of using to dj...."Hey, i can have 8 diffrent trks mixing at once!" yeah, very easy when there all kept in time for you...and for all those that say "yeah,but i get bored of mixing a record then waiting before mixing the nxt"....thats just a matter of what level you take your mixing to....Mix them quick,1 off 1 on, double them up, get a 3rd or 4th turntable going..etc..whatever.
Thats my view on it anyway.....think its time this got back to being a, search for
BOA guest Dj

markandrew
13-04-2008, 06:04 PM
I get what your saying mate relating to price of vinyl,cdj1000 etc...
Like i said,i use ableton myself for live sets, but as for using it to dj,...i just dont think much of that at all...anyone can do that...nxt thing will be, it mixes the trks for ya too!
If good music coming out the speakers is all anybody cares about,than why bother putting on djs,artists at all? why not just stick on a cd of good music and stomp about to that??

I take it your an ableton user also?:)

yer a use ableton and i know the beatmatchings done for you after warpin its really a money issue for me mixed vinyl for 15 years so beatmatching was easy anyway i can see your point with people who can t beat match so use ableton thats not right but when you can beat match with vinyl and use locked grooves i don t think its cheating with ableton if you buy me some new pioneers a won t use ableton to dj with ok :lol:

markandrew
13-04-2008, 07:14 PM
the thing is with ableton you get classed as a cheat using it to dj with even tho you can mix vinyl a bit harsh i think good music coming out of the speakers thing i mean 1210s or ableton why did they make it to dj with if u get slated for using it for djing with, should they have made it so u cant just dj with it so you just play your own stuff made on it thats what it seams even if you play your own tunes and loops that you produced they still get beat matched by it so its back to square one anyway back to the topic in hand no mix from me for fear of a lynching for using ableton to dj with :lol:

Siege
13-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Ok mate...just my opinion.

Technobitch
15-04-2008, 08:44 PM
ummm to think of a dj who is on here and isnt a friend of mine lol................................... i really enjoyed sunhil when i heard him a while back at locked, quality tunage!!!!!

DannyBlack
22-04-2008, 02:22 PM
Ableton is shit and so are decks and vinyl. What ye want is a set 'o' spoons. I can play a 5 hour live spoon set. beat that fu*kers.

dan the acid man
22-04-2008, 07:21 PM
think it's best to take the argument of digital v turntables etc to the sticky at the top of the forum, lets keep on track in this thread please, thanks.

RDR
22-04-2008, 08:12 PM
oh cripes here we go again.

i couldnt care less as long as its not just hitting play and walking off.

besides which, no-one here has mentioned the right word in relation to albeton.

its about the SEQUENCING ability, DJing informs it in terms of energy and timing. but its sTILL sequencing.

DannyBlack
22-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Master the spoons lads, then come back to me. Born with 2 silver spoons in me hand me.

davethedrummer
23-04-2008, 10:38 PM

surgeon eh? , not sure if i'd want him working on me in hospital, but there you go.
probably take my insides out and wrap them round my head

Sunil
24-04-2008, 01:51 AM
ummm to think of a dj who is on here and isnt a friend of mine lol................................... i really enjoyed sunhil when i heard him a while back at locked, quality tunage!!!!!

Ahh, nice of you to say that, thanks :)

I had been thinking of heading over to this for the buzz, but don't think it's gonna happen now. Seemed to be a bad weekend for a few Irish BOA people I mentioned it to, that I thought might go over.

Maybe the next BOA party should be in Ireland, then we won't have to travel!

ampassasinbirmingham
24-04-2008, 09:17 AM
I'd second sunil being a top notch dj. Always has an indepth bag f tunes ripe for the ocassion!

ampassasinbirmingham
26-04-2008, 12:57 AM
So who was the mystery guest dj? or am i being slow?

rhythmtech
26-04-2008, 01:56 AM
good question..

i reckon it was all a marketing stunt! :-)

Mucky Beats
26-04-2008, 09:26 PM
So who was the mystery guest dj? or am i being slow?

hey mate the guest dj is yet to be picked from all the mixes mark has recived loads of mixes and this is really great as is good to see so many people up for playing... but also means takes much longer to go thro them all. We kinda set the start of may as around the time we would announce who will be playing.

rhythmtech
26-04-2008, 10:15 PM
hey mate the guest dj is yet to be picked from all the mixes mark has recived loads of mixes and this is really great as is good to see so many people up for playing... but also means takes much longer to go thro them all. We kinda set the start of may as around the time we would announce who will be playing.

ahh.. i thought it was for last weeks event!!! so its for the next one then?

Mucky Beats
28-04-2008, 03:35 PM
ahh.. i thought it was for last weeks event!!! so its for the next one then?

hehehe ...last weeks event? have you been drinking again ? no event last week mate... its for the blackoutaudio event on may 24th

ampassasinbirmingham
28-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Bank Holiday!

MARK ANXIOUS
29-04-2008, 04:28 PM
OMG the response for this has been overwhelming! Thank you to EVERYONE who has emailed me/written in this thread etc etc. Sorry havent replied to everyone yet but if you've sent it, I will have it...

OK well I'm going to extent this for another 2 weeks!!!!

:)

DannyBlack
29-04-2008, 05:42 PM
i just been handed a lifeline!!!!!!! cheers!

fils_here
04-05-2008, 03:33 PM
mark can you please check these out matey, hope i haven't missed out been offline for about a month now but all is sorted now. http://www.mediafire.com/?ajnziuoyxoi bring the noise radio mix

http://www.mediafire.com/?emtmuyfchvs step up to the plate demo

rhythmtech
05-05-2008, 02:27 PM
was this not extended by 2 weeks from 29th april?

so who's "just frank" the competition winner?

and can we have a link to his mix?

Tiptoe
05-05-2008, 02:42 PM
just frank isn't the competition winner and why do you want a link to his mix?

rhythmtech
05-05-2008, 02:45 PM
it says on the flyer he is.

and i wanted to hear the mix cause its obviously good if he won. see below.. last name on flyer.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e59/rhythmtech/flyer.jpg

Tiptoe
05-05-2008, 03:08 PM
if you notice there is a / between every dj's name on our flyer. BOA competition winner is written because there is no name to go there when line up is released.

rhythmtech
05-05-2008, 03:14 PM
ahh i see..

bit confusing that ;)

Mucky Beats
05-05-2008, 03:50 PM
come on barry ... we have not picked a winner yet , first you said who was the winner as was marketing stunt as for some unknown reason you took it the event had already been?
then you assume from a flyer that has been on the net for over a month that we have picked a winner and had him on the flyer all along ? also the way you ask to listen to the mix gives off an air of wanting to know if it was a fair comp or something?
i trust mark will pick from the best alround mix from the ones he has recived and im sure most of the forum will trust his jugement and yes im sure the mix could well get posted but im 100% confident he will make the right choice. and i look forward more to hearing the winner at the event as feel it will be a special opportunity for a forum member and really feel good that mark picked them for there talented mix.
mark pointed out just a few days ago he was extending the comp ...so we are talking mid may for winner and this forum will of course be the first place it will be posted.

chill barry ya nutter hahaha

rhythmtech
05-05-2008, 03:56 PM
you got it completly wrong there mackie.

it just looks like just frank has been put on the flyer as the competition winner!! and i only got sent the flyer today thru myspace on an invitation so today is the first time i seen it.

and i wanted to hear the mix of the winner (why wouldnt i?)

and go back and look at the marketing stunt qoute properly, notice the smiley?

is all that hard workin makin yis para :tongue: :wink:

MARK ANXIOUS
06-05-2008, 05:12 AM
can we all chill out?? hahahahha :lol: :lol:

ok i'm gonna choose the winner this week. can't wait for the party!!! :)

Subuteo
06-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Reety,
Am gonna do a new mix but am stretched for time so as in the words of Blue Peter "here's one I done earlier"

Ta,
Debz x

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FJP5F4R9

Anthony Rother - Past Represents The Future
Surgeon - At The Heart Of It All
Surgeon - Bad Hands
Audion - Raw Dog
Redshape - Black Dust
Cobblestone Jazz - Dump Truck
Tobias Schmidt - Wagging Tail
Christian Vogel - Ninja
Substance & Vainqueur - Emerge 1 (British Murder Boys Remix 1)
(Aphex Twin - Window Licker) edit
Exium - Andromeda
Robert Hood - Needs & Wants
Regis - It's A Mans World
British Murder Boys - Learn Your Lesson
Bjork - Declare Independence (Matthew Herbert Remix)
Suburban Knight - Nocturbulous
Surgeon - Midnight Club Tracks 2
(Modeselektor - The Dark Side Of The Sun)
DJ Hell - Hot On The Heels Of Love (Dave Clarke Remix)
Joey Beltram - Energy Flash
Surgeon - Sleep (Ultra Violet)
Speedy J - Krekc
British Murder Boys - Hate Is Such A Strong Word
LFO vs F.U.S.E - Loop
LFO - El Ef Oh! (Loop)
Burial - Untilted

conor256
06-05-2008, 02:15 PM
competition winner aside....... thats a cracking lineup ...... hope it goes well....

Mucky Beats
16-05-2008, 04:59 PM
competition winner aside....... thats a cracking lineup ...... hope it goes well....

thanks buddy!!

wrong
16-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Reety,
Am gonna do a new mix but am stretched for time so as in the words of Blue Peter "here's one I done earlier"

Ta,
Debz x

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FJP5F4R9

Anthony Rother - Past Represents The Future
Surgeon - At The Heart Of It All
Surgeon - Bad Hands
Audion - Raw Dog
Redshape - Black Dust
Cobblestone Jazz - Dump Truck
Tobias Schmidt - Wagging Tail
Christian Vogel - Ninja
Substance & Vainqueur - Emerge 1 (British Murder Boys Remix 1)
(Aphex Twin - Window Licker) edit
Exium - Andromeda
Robert Hood - Needs & Wants
Regis - It's A Mans World
British Murder Boys - Learn Your Lesson
Bjork - Declare Independence (Matthew Herbert Remix)
Suburban Knight - Nocturbulous
Surgeon - Midnight Club Tracks 2
(Modeselektor - The Dark Side Of The Sun)
DJ Hell - Hot On The Heels Of Love (Dave Clarke Remix)
Joey Beltram - Energy Flash
Surgeon - Sleep (Ultra Violet)
Speedy J - Krekc
British Murder Boys - Hate Is Such A Strong Word
LFO vs F.U.S.E - Loop
LFO - El Ef Oh! (Loop)
Burial - Untilted

Thats a ****in GREAT tracklisting!! Shall download it and wack it on in the car

ampassasinbirmingham
17-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Thats a ****in GREAT tracklisting!! Shall download it and wack it on in the car

had this a while. tis a nice selection of tracks alright!

MARK ANXIOUS
18-05-2008, 12:11 PM
I'll post all this on Monday BUT just so you guys know :)

I have to agree Debz mix was EXCELLENT.... but it didn't win (it was, however second).... Brilliant mix, perhaps one of the best we've heard on here for ages. It's blown our heads off in the car this weekend and if you guys get a chance to d/l please do .... Fair play, what a mix.... We've simply GOT to put her on a some party in the future. Watch this space :)

But at the end of the day, we realized we had to find a 2nd room thing and it really had to be special and just kinda, 'different'. So out of all the entries we had to think what is technically great, 'clever' but also what would be what we would be unique to our 2nd room'... and in the end it was the electro mix from Matt Hinton.

So let's get on to MATT HINTON, an incredible new talent....

Chrissi and I truly believe this type of shit is what we need more in techno. Pure, futuristic electro. We nearly died when Dave Clarke's second CD's on his last album took electro and flipped it on it's head, but it wasn't quite as raw as this, especially as Matt is a new artist. Electro is a huge part of techno that people really overlook. It's the roots of our sound and it's the perfect 2nd room material for our party... We felt this would make such a lovely statement as to not only what we are about, but also as to what techno is about.

The mix just build and builds. As I told Matt, Chrissi and I were nearly in tears at points. Amazing futuristic music. There's a real live DJ feel about this too, mistakes n' all...

Incredible, mind blowing programming, we need more people willing to take risks like this. And it all just proves that you don't need to be a superstar DJ to do it. We can't wait to see what he comes up with at the party. OK here's his mix that won:

http://www.3sss.co.uk/matthintonpresentsmorebooty.mp3

You know, I just want to thank everyone who sent in entries/links/posts for this. It's one of greatest things I've ever had to do, and is such a shame I couldn't put certain people in certain rooms for their style. Mixes that stood out for me were obviously Debz (can't fault).. but also FUK-NUT (brilliant live DJ mixing need to put you on too at the next avin it BOA party hehe), Hoth System (please keep trying mate, your track selection is the best here - just get those mixes to gel smoother!), dbit (WOW, shame you're from US), rhythm technologies (who cares if it's ableton - just make your tricks the best there is and silence the doubters!), pheobe (track selection and diversity amazing - just get those mixes tighter!!).

For all the rest.. Well there was just so many entries, I had to be sooooooo ruthless (I had like 3 days to do this). Soooo sorry.... Don't let any ass hole tell you you suck but then don't let any mixing slide whatsover on the mix (you gotta be able to keep it together 100% in a live situation and if your demo shows a slide, that's like a no straight away).. Also... Find your sound and don't copy anyone. The mixes that were different really stood out to me and TBH that is what is going to set you apart. Hope this helps!!!

rhythmtech
18-05-2008, 12:46 PM
:BigThumbUp: well done matt.

and cheers mark for the words.

rhythmtech
18-05-2008, 02:34 PM
must add also that debz' mix is awesome.

not usually the kind of thing id download but was really impressed by it and its been on the mp3 player for a week now :yup:

the vocal on that anthony rother track is so oddball and future sounding.. it really sets the tone for the entire mix :wicked:

djfilthmonger
18-05-2008, 02:42 PM
congrats matt!

maily
18-05-2008, 05:25 PM
well in matt =] see ya there!

The Overfiend
18-05-2008, 06:20 PM
CONGRATS, and thanks everyone who entered for the fresh new sets ive heard fuknut and rhythm an debs man whoa!

mattboyslim
18-05-2008, 07:33 PM
thanks guys. Can't bloody wait. wicked line up to be included on so i'm stoked. Also big props to everyone else that entered. I was up against some tough talent so i'm touched that Mark & Chrissi felt I have what it takes to rock room2. I won't let you guys down!!

rhythmtech
18-05-2008, 07:34 PM
thanks guys. Can't bloody wait. wicked line up to be included on so i'm stoked. Also big props to everyone else that entered. I was up against some tough talent so i'm touched that Mark & Chrissi felt I have what it takes to rock room2. I won't let you guys down!!

if mark and chrissi touched you then theres people you can report it too...

mattboyslim
18-05-2008, 07:37 PM
if mark and chrissi touched you then theres people you can report it too...haha ;-)

Mucky Beats
18-05-2008, 08:18 PM
great choice for winner ! nice one to everyone that entered and there deffo a few we are looking at for future events.

hope everyone can make it down to catch matts set as i know its gunna be a good one. Already got people from all over uk making trip for this going to be cool seeing all of you BOA people in flesh. maybe we should all wear red roses to know who we are hahaha

jon connor
19-05-2008, 10:39 AM
I will be making an apearance to this me thinks , avent seen a lot of you guys for a while b good to catch up nutters.

Hoth System
19-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Congrats Matt - looking forward to hearing you play at the weekend. Hope you play a blinder.

Mark - thanks so much for the feedback - really made my day to read that. Makes it all worth while. Gosh darn it, I'm filling up now...

BDC
19-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Congrats to the winners!!!!

Subuteo
19-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Ello! Am chuffed to bits that I got a mention - never mind even coming 2nd, it's the taking part that counts!! Loved ya mix Matt, spot on! ; )

I'll be down the Music Box boogying away on Saturday, cannet wait !!!

Lets have yer ! x

DEVICE
21-05-2008, 08:20 PM
I know its to late and but I just wanted to toss my hat into the ring.

[[mixes]]
Dark Forces (http://www.mv2media4.com/process_stream.php?id=39425)
GhettoBlastor (http://www.mv2media4.com/process_stream.php?id=38412)

DannyBlack
21-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Well done Mr. Hinton!! fair bloody play mate, it will be f*cking excellent to watch your career blossom from this point mate!

mattboyslim
22-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Well done Mr. Hinton!! fair bloody play mate, it will be f*cking excellent to watch your career blossom from this point mate!here's hopin dude!

dbit
22-05-2008, 08:59 PM
You know, I just want to thank everyone who sent in entries/links/posts for this. It's one of greatest things I've ever had to do, and is such a shame I couldn't put certain people in certain rooms for their style. Mixes that stood out for me were obviously Debz (can't fault).. but also FUK-NUT (brilliant live DJ mixing need to put you on too at the next avin it BOA party hehe), Hoth System (please keep trying mate, your track selection is the best here - just get those mixes to gel smoother!), dbit (WOW, shame you're from US), rhythm technologies (who cares if it's ableton - just make your tricks the best there is and silence the doubters!), pheobe (track selection and diversity amazing - just get those mixes tighter!!).

Thanks for the mention Mark, glad you enjoyed it!

That US statement definitely hits where it hurts! :X I should know, I hear it all the time in my head! I'll try and get across the pond soon!

FuK-NuT
23-05-2008, 11:51 AM
as they say in the core "wooha"

to Mark n the rest...even tho i didnt win those coments have made me
a very happy boy today....thank u so much for listening and the recognition!!

respect!!!!!!!!

FuK-NuT
23-05-2008, 12:28 PM
if anyone would like to hear my entry then follow this link!

n-joy

http://postbocks.com/uploads/fuk-nut-fukaboot

278d7e64a374de26f==