PDA

View Full Version : PT.com presents Fingerprints vol.31 - Mixed by DJ Shiva

astonish
03-04-2008, 10:09 PM
http://poundingtechno.com/downloads/fingerprints/images/logo_post.jpg

Track ID: Poundingtechno.com presents Fingerprints vol.31 - Mixed by DJ Shiva (http://poundingtechno.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&req=download&code=confirm_download&id=160)
Audio Quality: 192 kbps
Length: 1:09:48
Style: Dubby Techno
Size: 95,88 MB

BIOGRAPHY:
From her beginnings in classical music, to her political awakening playing in punk bands, to her first belt drive turntables, Indianapolis techno mainstay DJ Shiva has always thrown herself wholeheartedly into the music that drives her. Since her start on the decks in 1995, she has continued to hone her craft for the last decade. Applying years of musical study to the turntables, Shiva has rocked crowds the nation over with her meticulous attention to detail, programming and composition, coupled with smooth mixes, effects, double copy tricks, and quick crossfader play. Those same skills have been applied to her slamming Ableton Live sets, taking her DJing skills into a platform that allows for instant edits and loops, a plethora of effects, and an open palette of unusual creative trickery. With tastes spanning the range from electro, minimal funk, and techno, to dubstep and weird, dub-influenced bass-driven machine music, her versatility keeps things fresh, while her skills shut down any notions of "she's good...for a girl". [more info in the download]

THE MIX:
DJ Shiva: My theory with this mix was to tap into a new sound filtering its way to the surface in the dubstep world as it moves closer to the techno sound, and also to represent the more adventurous techno sounds as well. There is much creativity to be found where these sounds are meeting in the middle.

Many people have only heard the slower sounding dubstep, but like any genre, it is not limited to those sounds. By layering the slower dubstep beats and bass underneath the more straightforward techno beats, I hope to find a rhythmic variation that taps into the core of both sounds. Of course, as you will hear, there is plenty of dubstep that is tapping into the more complex and energetic rhythmic patterns of techno (and any number of other influences) as well.

Using Ableton Live, I am able to layer multiple sources in a manner that allows for maximum adaptability and infinite possiblity. There is much "on-the-fly" manipulation, including looping and tweaking of effects, as well as instant re-imagining of each song's original composition. No song on this mix is heard quite in its original form. All have been tweaked and manipulated to suit the goal of the mix, which is to use the original sound sources to create something entirely new in the process. The songs are at the core of the mix, but in the end, I hope to have left my own fingerprint on the sometimes disparate, but always exciting music coming from both genres

INFO:
Other Fingerprints Editions are available at Poundingtechno.com (http://poundingtechno.com). Credits go out to all artists contributed to the project.

djshiva
05-04-2008, 05:23 AM
i am so excited about this mix. i hope folks enjoy listening as much as i enjoyed making it. :D

kirm
06-04-2008, 08:09 PM
this is quality.. Really nice stuff. Been listening to your retrospection mix loads past few weeks to. really like this techno/dubstep fusion sound.

DVNT
07-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Don't mind if I do.

fresh89
08-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Офигенный альбом! Зачёт!)

djshiva
09-04-2008, 04:48 AM
in case anyone is interested before grabbing this one:

1. NIN - 25 Ghosts - NIN (00:00)
2. Scuba - Hard Boiled - Hotflush (01:13)
3. The Mole (loop) - Conversation Records (04:55)
4. Wifi Of The Undead - THD - unreleased (05:51)
5. Isomer Transition - Heavy Water - Future Days (08:10)
6. Distance - Feel Me - Chestplate (10:28 )
7. Monolake - Remotable - Imbalance Computer Music (13:15)
8. Scuba - Outmost - Abucs (14:10)
9. Eidolon - Melt - unreleased (17:51)
10. Untold - Test Signal - Hessle Audio (21:05)
11. Sigha - Finite - unreleased (24:19)
12. abZ - Spot (DZ RMX) - unreleased (26:38 )
13. Andy Stott - Hostile - Modern Days (30:47)
14. Benga & Coki - Night (loop) - Tempa (33:33)
15. 2562 - Circulate - Tectonic (34:01)
16. DNCN & Mark Henning - Golf Clap - Gastspiel (36:19)
17. Various Production - Diver - Various Production (39:02)
18. Skream - Wobble That Gut - Tempa (40:53)
19. Robin Jacobs & Martex - Good Rock Dancin - Zuvuya (43:39)
20. TRG - Back In The Days - unreleased (48:44)
21. Substance & Vainqueur - Emerge 1 (British Murder Boys RMX) loop - Scion Versions (52:11)
22. NIN - 7 Ghosts (loop) - NIN (53:07)
23. Ian Lehman - The Butcher of Blue Ranch - unreleased (53:35)
24. T++ - 100 Bar - Erosion (55:53)
25. Dot - Chemical Waste - Immigrant (58:12)
26. Untold - Purify - Hessle Audio (59:07)
27. Cursor Miner - Grimewatch - Combat (62:35)
28. NIN - 21 Ghosts - NIN (64:43)
29. 2562 - 699 - Subsolo (65:24)
30. DNCN - Youyourself (loop) - Budenzauber (67:00)
31. Appleblim & Peverelist - Circling - Skull Disco (67:56)

278d7e64a374de26f==