PDA

View Full Version : A lesson for us all (or alternately what an idiot)...

acidsaturation
04-04-2008, 09:55 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/south_of_scotland/7328513.stm

Er... Back ups???

tonyc2002
04-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Poor bastard :roflmao:

DVNT
04-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Twat.

7 months. No back up. PR stunt innit.

Maybe it's an omen against his sounds. I wouldn't call it music.

Jay Pace
04-04-2008, 11:27 AM
ack, I quite liked that "in the 80s" track.

Good pop music.

twunt for not backing his stuff up. But then so am I, I just haven't lost everything yet....

TechMouse
04-04-2008, 12:19 PM
ack, I quite liked that "in the 80s" track.

Good pop music.
I'm going to have to agree with Jay here.

It's better than most trite pop shite.

Reminds me of Mylo, but with more vocals.

MARK ANXIOUS
04-04-2008, 01:05 PM
i hated that 'In The 80's' rubbish. it made me feel old. perhaps if he'd have put 'In The 70's' instead it might have not been so bad. :lol:

DVNT
04-04-2008, 02:29 PM
I'm going to have to agree with Jay here.

It's better than most trite pop shite.

Reminds me of Mylo, but with more vocals.

Oh dear. Oh dear.

To each their own. Personally I can't stand his music and he's shite live. He was supporting the Chemical Brothers. We started chatting to this couple who were quite big fans of Calvin, and even they decided by the end of his 'performance' that he was infact shite. Nice visuals thou. But they weren't his. ;)

Jay Pace
04-04-2008, 03:41 PM
He's like Britney.

Crap if you want techno. Quite acceptable in the context of pop music - well produced, not without a certain charm and fairly catchy.

eyeswithoutaface
04-04-2008, 03:58 PM
yeah he's certainly good at what he does, big electro pop songs, nothing more nothing less really. There are some really good tracks on the album to be fair, "Colours" is particulary good. I've heard "Acceptable in the 80's" and "Girls" on an insane amount of adverts and tv programs, every many and his dog use his tracks.

what a twerp though for not backing his stuff up, only an idiot would use the same machine they produce on for playing live or taking elsewhere without a good, regular backup

ORIS
04-04-2008, 05:17 PM
good 'ol b.a

Francisco Scaramanga
04-04-2008, 05:52 PM
good, hopefully it'll never turn up and he will never make anything else, because I think he really sucks big time. I created disco? He wouldent know disco if it kicked him in the balls. That 80's shit was such a joke as well, totally cynical cash in. I might not hate him so much if he wasnt lording it up on the scene like he's some sort of uberproducer or whatever, but unfortunately he obviously thinks he's well ace. Same league as Mark Ronson - boooooo - go home....

acidsaturation
05-04-2008, 05:20 PM
D'ya reckon he might not have made his record company's deadline..?

djfilthmonger
05-04-2008, 06:30 PM
aphex twin - at least he backed it up..this in an interview

Why did you need such a long time to release the new album, five years after your "Richard
D. James"-LP?
"(laughs). The true reason is I lost one of these portable MP3 players along with 282
unreleased tracks by me and 80 unreleased tracks by Squarepusher! I forgot it in a plane.
I was on my way to Scotland with Grant (Wilson-Claridge, Rephlex owner) to do a gig, that's
about 4 months ago. I had got my MP3s for about six months and he laughed at me and said:
'You're not gonna lose it, you won't, right?' and I said: 'I'll never gonna lose this!' And
five minutes later I forgot it in the plane."

Didn't you have a copy of the music stored on hard disk?
"I didn't lose anything. I got the copies. I think I would have committed suicide if I'd lost
the masters. Since that I browse the internet every ****ing minute. I thought they'd be
available five minutes afterwards. I wrote 'Aphex Twin - unreleased tracks' on it! (laughs).
If they would have put them into the net, I definitely would have paid them a visit - anywhere
in the whole ****ing world - and get my ****ing stuff back. But probably one of them
stewardesses stole it, they all looked like 35 and are apparantly into Bryan Adams or some
shit like that. If they'd heard it, they would have deleted it. If a fan got it, I would have
got nothing against it. It's a nice present for somebody I reckon. I would like that, as
long as they don't put it into the net and ruin my salary for the next decade. I told Tom
(Jenkinson) about this on the phone but I think he wasn't listening (laughs). That's why I
wanted to release as many tracks as possible. I wanted to release 4 CD's in the first place
but I think this would have been an overkill and would definitely take too much work. I think
a double album is still a great effort - managing , artwork, mastering, editing..."

Microdot
07-04-2008, 02:22 AM
what a thick cunt.
1. for taking his laptop with him without having his shit backed up and 2. for not keeping it as hand luggage.

and "in the 80s" was a fcuking dreadful record.

anyway, sounds like he deserves to lose his album just for showing off/lying about doing trax on his "15 year old computer".

Microdot
07-04-2008, 02:27 AM
good, hopefully it'll never turn up and he will never make anything else, because I think he really sucks big time. I created disco? He wouldent know disco if it kicked him in the balls. That 80's shit was such a joke as well, totally cynical cash in. I might not hate him so much if he wasnt lording it up on the scene like he's some sort of uberproducer or whatever, but unfortunately he obviously thinks he's well ace. Same league as Mark Ronson - boooooo - go home....

haha, word.

djshiva
07-04-2008, 10:22 AM
seriously, who the **** checks their laptop? i know security has been tight at heathrow; are you not allowed to carry on laptops? or was he just being dumb?

Gustaf
07-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Meybe he just couldn't make any decent tracks for his second album and the record label was waiting for it, so "losing" all of his work and blaming it on the airport officials, baggage etc. would be a very convenient way to get some more time :) Or maybe he actually did lose it accidentally... I don't even care :) :)

278d7e64a374de26f==