PDA

View Full Version : dj misjah

icb
21-12-2003, 10:16 AM
I was just wondering what`s he like? I occasionaly hear that he plays hard techno, but lately nothing of him. I mean as a dj, not a producer, is he any good?

The Overfiend
21-12-2003, 05:25 PM
Is Misjah good?
Are you kidding me?
Personally I think he's great.
Anyone can argue this but he's done a lot for the scene as a whole from classics to now.

DJZeMig_L
21-12-2003, 06:54 PM
Misjah his a really great guy I played with him and RedHead on a party that was really bad (almost empty), still they did they're best for the few that were there.. he's still producing and doing stuff 4 other labels, as he closed X-Tracks and XS, he runs a booking agency in Holand and travels the world spinning every weekend.
He's one of the most acurate and perfect djs on 3 decks.
he's playing now a lot more clubby/ tribal stuff which is what he's into so fairplay m8!

He's one of the forefathers and he's never taken advantage of it, he keeps doing he's thing without impossing...

:clap:

Z

DJZeMig_L
21-12-2003, 06:55 PM
ahhh yes, he's most recent releases have been on ManKind Records.

Z

The Overfiend
21-12-2003, 07:18 PM
Couldn't have said it better compadre!

Dustin Zahn
21-12-2003, 07:43 PM
I'm not not real huge on his productions but DJ wise he is pretty skilled. I saw him play with Bryan Zentz earlier this fall and he worked 3 tables pretty much the whole time. He'd que up all 3 records and walk off the stage (unfortunately the reason he walked off was to yell at the sound guy). His tracks he played were very similar to his new stuff. So he played some cool stuff, not totally my thing but I give him respect.

icb
21-12-2003, 09:03 PM
now I`m little dissappointed, `cause I had the chance to hear him a couple of months ago, and I didn`t, but next time I`m going for sure though

killarava2day
22-12-2003, 08:55 AM
Has Misjah made some classic Hard House tracks? I'm sure he has, they're not too bad either. Has Misjah been swinging on both sides of the fence?

WillGraney
22-12-2003, 11:10 AM
Has Misjah made some classic Hard House tracks? I'm sure he has, they're not too bad either. Has Misjah been swinging on both sides of the fence?

Not really. He's had some of his stuff remixed by various Hard House producers (mainly Access & Keep Your Love), but I don't think the original tracks of his have been anything but Techno.

He's one of my favorite producers, not had the chance to see him play yet - hopefully one day soon.

davethedrummer
22-12-2003, 01:30 PM
misjah :
classic acid ( x trax)
wicked techno (zync , mankind)
groovey tech house (zync grroves various others i forget)

spot on dj

and nice geezer apparently

'nuff said

Agent Orange NYC
22-12-2003, 02:52 PM
I haven't heard his dj'ing, but I think his production was always top. It has gotten a bit more clubby as of late but I really like that sound when it's done right. It's rare that I get to play a party where everyone is there for techno, so records like his are a great half way point! Amazing recordings and creative as a mofo! - Agent O.

zaalmoetlos
22-12-2003, 03:31 PM
undoubtfully hollands no1 techno dj. He doesn't get any regocnition over here which is something i can't grasp. it's a shame he hardly ever plays over here...

DROID
30-12-2003, 09:27 AM

:shock: :shock: :shock:

no way!! actually more like HARD ACID BUILDERS...nothing to worry about.

he still rocks too :rambo:

The Overfiend
30-12-2003, 05:14 PM
undoubtfully hollands no1 techno dj. He doesn't get any regocnition over here which is something i can't grasp. it's a shame he hardly ever plays over here...

Da Goose is the number one!

tekboi
01-01-2004, 02:06 AM
DJ Misjah is one of the best 3 deck djs I have heard recently, he came down to Australia (Melbourne) not too long ago and really blew my mind, top dj indeed, and his production is just of the highest class !

MARKEG
01-01-2004, 12:15 PM
misjah is the man. love him.

Kevin Gorman
02-01-2004, 06:56 PM
I like his production style! my favourite tune currently by him is "Flip The Data". I never heard him dj before, but i bet he rocks! :clap:

The Overfiend
03-01-2004, 03:27 PM
Go to RerunBookings he has a few sets posted by himself and other notables.

teknorich
03-01-2004, 03:51 PM
Nice link!!

Couldn't find any sets by misjah himself (under construction) but there are sets by Trevor Rockliffe, Damon Wild, Steve Stoll etc.

Not bad at all!

The Overfiend
03-01-2004, 05:11 PM
I try ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==