PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Leg Champs League Games.

DJ RE:HAB
08-04-2008, 10:17 AM
So then.

I think Liverpool should do arsenal tonight. However i still think this game is wide open and aint set in stone. Wenger still believes he can win the double. Whic the bookies are giving odds of 125-1 on. Rafa's tatical astuteness will prevail though and Arsenals season will be done for tonight if they dont pull it out the bag. For all there beuatifal football they play 2 wins out of 11 games is not good enough by any teams standard and i think shows up the weaknesses in arshole wengers team.

United are looking sketchy at the back with vidic and ferdinand rules out., looks like pique is coming in... I think the same thing happened to the last year against milan. Which if Roma score early on i really think they could have a good go @ united and the non regulars in defence... A clean change of underwear could be required if they level it up...

Microdot
08-04-2008, 12:20 PM
think I've already mentioned on here somewhere that liverpool will knock arsenal out on penalties tonight.
believe me, it's been carved in stone for thousands of years.

basslinejunkie
08-04-2008, 01:09 PM
like ive said,im never confident when we play arsenal.we will see.

Numeric
08-04-2008, 04:13 PM
not gonna be able to watch Liverpool against Arsenal tonight, goin to a gig, i can't see Arsenal winning though, they were pretty bad last week and i heard they were poor on saturday

United's defence is lookin threadbare at the moment, it's time for Pique to really show his worth

fatcollective
08-04-2008, 04:15 PM
not gonna be able to watch Liverpool against Arsenal tonight, goin to a gig, i can't see Arsenal winning though, they were pretty bad last week and i heard they were poor on saturday

United's defence is lookin threadbare at the moment, it's time for Pique to really show his worth

united should be ok, although not ideal at this time of year but they got enough quaility in midfield to help out the defence!

Esox Lucius
08-04-2008, 05:18 PM
liverscum will do the arse i reckon.

Esox Lucius
08-04-2008, 10:01 PM
shit game that

Microdot
08-04-2008, 11:44 PM
shit game that

:D

that Walcott bit was deffo worth a watch....

Insomnia
08-04-2008, 11:51 PM
What in hells name was Toure playing at!

We have a young team that will hopefully stick together along with a few decent signings in the summer...

Torres has proven to be a great signing for the Pool for sure...

fatcollective
09-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Arsenal started fantastically...then liverpool got into the game...to be honest thought it was a good match...Torres is class, just wonder why the fvck walcott didnt play from the start? oh well...Liverpool v Chelsea....Man U v Barcelona (considering we have no fvck ups tonight)!

its getting interesting!

09-04-2008, 09:51 AM
I sprouted a few more extra grey hairs after last night.

I get too nervous and end up feeling sick when watching them.

Thought both teams played excellent and was another advertisement for the british game. Gerrard admitted he had a crap game and i did think he was the worse player on the pitch... Was dubious as to whether he would put that spot kick away... Thank F*ck he did...

Was a close one that, but we stayed strong... We have got a big task now to beat chavski @ home then hold for a draw or nick a win away in the semis.

BloodStar
09-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Great match !!!

Both Arsenal goals were class and they deserved to go to next round, but that shitty referee gave penalty kick to rubbish Liverpool, bah,. i am dissapointed..

09-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Great match !!!

Both Arsenal goals were class and they deserved to go to next round, but that shitty referee gave penalty kick to rubbish Liverpool, bah,. i am dissapointed..

I think you should be more dissappointed in your manager and players for the following reasons.

1) Playing Senderos.
2) Playing Toure out of position
3) Not playing Walcott from the start
4) Not buy any big game players
5) Adebayors shocking miss
6) Eboues Shocking Miss

If you would off scored the oppurtunities granted to you, your team would of won. You didnt, Liverpool did that is the difference.

It was a penalty as much as last weeks was, you arsenal supporter and arsehole wenger, the "tatical genius are the sorest loosers i have ever known.

basslinejunkie
09-04-2008, 01:22 PM
funny how people call us boring,yet we are always involved in the most entertaining games...................

Microdot
09-04-2008, 01:59 PM
I think you should be more dissappointed in your manager and players for the following reasons.

1) Playing Senderos.
6) Eboues Shocking Miss

If you would off scored the oppurtunities granted to you, your team would of won. You didnt, Liverpool did that is the difference.

It was a penalty as much as last weeks was, you arsenal supporter and arsehole wenger, the "tatical genius are the sorest loosers i have ever known.

have to agree with all your points there, I imagine arsenal fans will be telling us the CL wasn't important to them next.

but it's worth pointing out that if it was just as much a penalty as in the first leg, then maybe they should have both been given, or maybe neither should have been given.

Microdot
09-04-2008, 02:03 PM
funny how people call us boring,yet we are always involved in the most entertaining games...................

to be fair, you were playing against the "best team in premiership history®" who are currently the second most entertaining team in england.

09-04-2008, 03:20 PM
To be fair not bad then really in a season when we played them 5 times..

We Scored 6 Times against them with them just scoring 4 against us...

They may be the most entertaining buts its not Strictly Come Dancing we are watching is it.

Microdot
09-04-2008, 05:56 PM
To be fair not bad then really in a season when we played them 5 times..

We Scored 6 Times against them with them just scoring 4 against us...

They may be the most entertaining buts its not Strictly Come Dancing we are watching is it.

they're not the most entertaining. there's more to entertaining football than simply keeping the ball on the ground.
the media in this country would disagree but then 99% of it is based in london. doesn't take einstein to work out why they've been so deep inside arsenal's ringpiece all season.

Richierush
09-04-2008, 10:37 PM

1) Playing Senderos.
6) Eboues Shocking Miss

it was no where near as much a penalty as the first leg :lol: hlebs was a penalty an probably a sendin off,u watch toure as he come across the player his arms are up in the air but he doesnt grab hold of babel pull him back or anythin,babel fell over

fatcollective
10-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Well i thought United done a good job last night...at first i thought Fergie was taking to big a risk with the team selection, but it worked well in the end. think Hargreaves and Park had a great game....execllent to see Neville back too!

Bring on the Barcelona....we play them away first leg then bring em to the old trafford for the second leg which i think is a great advantage!

BloodStar
10-04-2008, 10:21 AM

1) Playing Senderos.
6) Eboues Shocking Miss

If you would off scored the oppurtunities granted to you, your team would of won. You didnt, Liverpool did that is the difference.It was a penalty as much as last weeks was, you arsenal supporter and arsehole wenger, the "tatical genius are the sorest loosers i have ever known.

Ad 1), yes, Senderos ****ed the game for Arsenal. Both goals go to his account, that's true.

Ad 3) Walcott should came in much earlier... you are right..

As for the rest of points, I wouldnt see it as the main reasons why Arsenal is out. Generally, Arsenal played match nicer football than Liverpool. Yeah, I know points count and not nice football, but still Liverpool didnt deserve win. Me personally I hate the style they playing. Very boring...

I think Chelsea beats you in semifinals..

Numeric
10-04-2008, 10:23 AM
United did well last night, Hargreaves was outstanding, Park did well also

great to see the Nev back :)

Esox Lucius
10-04-2008, 12:54 PM
nice one united, hope they win it.

Will
10-04-2008, 03:39 PM
I hope Barcelona win it! I think the reason Liverpool have such a good record in europe is because they're lucky, we should have had a penalty, not them, plus that goal bound shot that was blocked by Bendtner... We were the better team in both games, they only got back into it with a cheap set piece, stupid Senderos... He should have stopped Torres' goal as well. But mistakes often make the difference in these games, especially by the ref, it's about time video replays were brought in.

Out of the 3 English teams, I certainly wouldn't want A Hole or Gary Neville to play in the final, let alone win a winners medal... In fact I hope Liverpool reach the final because Chelsea have too many horrible cunts.

And if Arsenal can't win the league, and I doubt they can, I hope United do. Hopefully Wenger will sign some proven winners in the summer and get rid of the likes of Senderos and Hoyte, but I won't hold my breath.

I'd be tempted to say the players don't deserve to win anything this season, since they let the CL distract them from the Prem, when they should have focused on that, first and foremost.

basslinejunkie
10-04-2008, 04:06 PM
I hope Barcelona win it! I think the reason Liverpool have such a good record in europe is because they're lucky, we should have had a penalty, not them, plus that goal bound shot that was blocked by Bendtner... We were the better team in both games, they only got back into it with a cheap set piece, stupid Senderos... He should have stopped Torres' goal as well. But mistakes often make the difference in these games, especially by the ref, it's about time video replays were brought in.

Out of the 3 English teams, I certainly wouldn't want A Hole or Gary Neville to play in the final, let alone win a winners medal... In fact I hope Liverpool reach the final because Chelsea have too many horrible cunts.

And if Arsenal can't win the league, and I doubt they can, I hope United do. Hopefully Wenger will sign some proven winners in the summer and get rid of the likes of Senderos and Hoyte, but I won't hold my breath.

I'd be tempted to say the players don't deserve to win anything this season, since they let the CL distract them from the Prem, when they should have focused on that, first and foremost.

im sick of hearing this 'your lucky' bollox every ****ing time we win. we scored 4,you scored 2.is it our fault you dont put the ball in the net given the chances??!? NO. luck is ****all to do with it,its your own fault.

Microdot
10-04-2008, 04:28 PM
bring on fcukin Barca! is all I can say....
that's one away game I'm gonna have to get myself to, no doubt.

no way can I pass up the opportunity of going to see the best 2 teams in Europe compete in the best football stadium in the world, in one of the most vibrant, beautiful and exciting cities in the world.

although Utd have the toughest game of the English clubs, I feel lucky that we've been drawn against such a great team as Barca. these fixtures are the whole point of the CL.
the last couple of games between Utd and Barca were straight up classics, two of the best games in CL history. amazing that it's taken 9 years for this tie to come around again. let's hope it lives up to expectations.
win, lose or draw, it's gonna be a privilege to be there.
(of course I might not think that if they dick us 4-0 again)

Spacehopper
10-04-2008, 05:59 PM
be a bit of a Ronaldo vs Messi showdown too

djfase
10-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Barca v Utd.

THE biggest game of champs league this season without question. Whoever wins this should win the final as proof that you can play attacking football and win things. It would be wrong if they didnt.

The other semi contested by 2 of the most boring.
Why couldnt the arse get through?

nick_anarchy
10-04-2008, 07:11 PM
im sick of hearing this 'your lucky' bollox every ****ing time we win. we scored 4,you scored 2.is it our fault you dont put the ball in the net given the chances??!? NO. luck is ****all to do with it,its your own fault.

****in spot on !! liverpool took there chances simple as that thats football nuff said

C.O.Prodigy
11-04-2008, 12:51 AM
have to agree with all your points there, I imagine arsenal fans will be telling us the CL wasn't important to them next.

but it's worth pointing out that if it was just as much a penalty as in the first leg, then maybe they should have both been given, or maybe neither should have been given.

:clap:

home field advantage - granted
rubbish decision imo, ruined a great effort by both teams
great game

Numeric
11-04-2008, 09:59 AM
be a bit of a Ronaldo vs Messi showdown too

Messi's not expected to be fit

Will
11-04-2008, 04:30 PM

Well it wasn't down to skill that you got an undeserved penalty, or that we were denied one we should have had, or Bendtner blocking that shot, it was luck, like with the goal that never was against Chelsea. That's why Liverpool do well in the CL, but not in the Prem, since it's just 2 games to see off a team instead of 38.

And the 4th goal only went in because we were chasing the game after the undeserved 3rd goal, and Babel wanted to come to us, but Wenger didn't sign him, if he had, then you'd have presumably scored 2 goals and we'd have gone through. Plus you were lucky Sagna was injured so we had to rely on someone as shit as Senderos, if it wasn't for that you wouldn't have scored the first 2 goals either.

Numeric
11-04-2008, 04:33 PM
That's why Liverpool do well in the CL, but not in the Prem, since it's just 2 games to see off a team instead of 38.

word

Richierush
11-04-2008, 09:52 PM
benitez is a champions league manager u can c that by reachin the final 3 times n 3 seasons or will be this season,if liverpool want to win league they need to get rid

nick_anarchy
13-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Well it wasn't down to skill that you got an undeserved penalty, or that we were denied one we should have had, or Bendtner blocking that shot, it was luck, like with the goal that never was against Chelsea. That's why Liverpool do well in the CL, but not in the Prem, since it's just 2 games to see off a team instead of 38.

And the 4th goal only went in because we were chasing the game after the undeserved 3rd goal, and Babel wanted to come to us, but Wenger didn't sign him, if he had, then you'd have presumably scored 2 goals and we'd have gone through. Plus you were lucky Sagna was injured so we had to rely on someone as shit as Senderos, if it wasn't for that you wouldn't have scored the first 2 goals either.

you are starting to sound like wenger

Microdot
13-04-2008, 02:05 PM
benitez is a champions league manager u can c that by reachin the final 3 times n 3 seasons or will be this season,if liverpool want to win league they need to get rid

word.
you can't win the league on penalties.

14-04-2008, 10:57 AM
word.
you can't win the league on penalties.

Utter Bollox that about gettin rid of rafa.

So your saying that Fergie was a premier league winning manager in his first few years at united.

Things take time, Benitez is taking Liverpool forward you can see that now with the players he has brought into the squad, the team we had before he joined to the one we have now is a million times better. The Biscans, Traores, Dioufs have gone.

You dont win 2 La Ligas by fluke...

Fact of the matter is that we have drawn tooo many games, esp @ Anfield this season.

If we had not of drawn these games we would be in a better position now.

Microdot
15-04-2008, 03:17 AM
no.
I'm saying you can't win the league on penalties.
meaning liverpool won't win the league again in the foreseeable future.

C.O.Prodigy
15-04-2008, 08:21 AM
no.
I'm saying you can't win the league on penalties.
meaning liverpool won't win the league again in the foreseeable future.

:lol:

innit

15-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Well it was mentioned above that Rafa is C League Manager and i just stated hes won the la liga twice. Which if am right is a league. Which cant be won on penalties.
So rubbishes your comment that they need to get rid of him if they want to win league, as he has proved already in his short time managing that he can win leagues.

The mans won more than fergie did in his first few years. Easily.

Hes been to more CL Finals than Fergie has in his 20 years managing United?

So whichever way you look at hes a top manager. Which if he does leave in the summer will probably be proven by the amount of top flight teams wanting his as manager.

Microdot
15-04-2008, 11:42 AM
I agree 100% that Benitez is a perfectly capable of winning the premiership. He just needs to go to a team that's good enough to win it.
maybe we'll see him at Chelsea next season.

278d7e64a374de26f==