PDA

View Full Version : mLAN

Basil Rush
21-12-2003, 03:18 PM
Anyone know if I can use mLAN or anything similar to connect my PC and Mac together and get some fast response on the MIDI over it, at the moment it's connected with a dodgy spare MIDI interface on the PC's USB interface and the timing ain't everything it could be.

Strikes me it should be possible, but can't figure it out from yamaha's site, they wanna sell products with the tech in it, this is just a driver for the PC and the Mac if it can be made to work.

Anyone know?

ta muchly!

DJZeMig_L
21-12-2003, 06:47 PM
don't think I will help much but in the all point of mlan abled equipment is to simply kill the usual studio spagethi.. so u'd get sound/ midi/ data transm. in the same wire. I don't know of any mlan interface for pc or mac.. as far as I know u have already a couple of mlan expansion cards for diferent products..

what sort of data do u which 2 trade between pc and mac...??

Z

detfella
21-12-2003, 11:32 PM
is mLAN a firewire hybrid?

Basil Rush
22-12-2003, 01:37 AM
yeah mLAN is basically firewire. I've managed to get all the drivers on the PC installed and firewire connecting the two computers. Apparently OSX supports mLAN out of the box but I can't figure it out. Can't figure out how to enable it ...

I just want to transfer MIDI between the two things with better timing, you can't get protools to talk to mLAN for audio so I'm just routing that back in via the interface ... just the timing would be really nice rock solid, it's shakey as anything with the USB interface. I just had to quantise the audio afterwards for this part on a track ...

278d7e64a374de26f==