PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Vs. WAV

Roman
13-04-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm currently working on a project and I need to know what peoples thoughts are on this subject. Do you guys buy WAV's over MP3's, or do you actually think the difference in quality isn't worth the price/disk space etc?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated, ta

DannyBlack
13-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Yo man, how you keeping Mucka? Personally, I don't mind either- I edit EVERYTHING anyway. If I don't like the way something sounds I will Import it to a programme and mess with it until I do.

Dunno if this is any use to you mate!

eyeswithoutaface
13-04-2008, 10:09 PM
this has to be a joke surely? please, please, please say it's a joke

rhythmtech
13-04-2008, 11:03 PM
round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round

.... we go

Roman
14-04-2008, 07:54 AM
Apologies if this is a frequent topic, I'm not a regular round here...

rhythmtech
14-04-2008, 08:04 AM
its only slightly less frequent than vinyl vs digital :-)

benji303
14-04-2008, 10:02 AM
vinyl sounds the better than the both :)

RDR
14-04-2008, 10:08 AM
There is a BLOODY MASSIVE sticky at the top of this thread that covers this, in HUGE detail.

stop being lazy and read it before you come asking the same damn questions.

Jay Pace
14-04-2008, 10:28 AM
C'mon. This fella is new to the board, make him feel welcome. EVERY topic has been done here at some point...

Roman - I go for 320 MP3. You can add ID tags, files are smaller and easier to store and i can't notice any sound quality difference between 320 and WAV on any system. I can't see the point in paying for WAVs when they don't do anything more than I need, but then I don't really do much editing work. If I did I would probably buy the WAV.

RDR
14-04-2008, 11:13 AM
C'mon. This fella is new to the board, make him feel welcome. EVERY topic has been done here at some point...

Roman - I go for 320 MP3. You can add ID tags, files are smaller and easier to store and i can't notice any sound quality difference between 320 and WAV on any system. I can't see the point in paying for WAVs when they don't do anything more than I need, but then I don't really do much editing work. If I did I would probably buy the WAV.

ok maybe your right... roman... i apolosie.

rhythmtech
14-04-2008, 11:20 AM
ok maybe your right... roman... i apolosie.

bully :lol:

RDR
14-04-2008, 11:21 AM
bully :lol:

Where's my ISRCs you lazy git?

rhythmtech
14-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Where's my ISRCs you lazy git?

in the rar file you illiterate ****!

like i told you on msn.. or is you a dumb dumb?

Roman
14-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Nice one for the comments, and apologies for being lazy.

rhythmtech
14-04-2008, 11:44 AM
dont apologize. RDR has the gay aids so he's a little grumpy.

RDR
14-04-2008, 12:21 PM
in the rar file you illiterate ****!

like i told you on msn.. or is you a dumb dumb?

hmmm i shall check again... woe betide you if they're not young man

detfella
14-04-2008, 12:49 PM
I'm currently working on a project and I need to know what peoples thoughts are on this subject. Do you guys buy WAV's over MP3's, or do you actually think the difference in quality isn't worth the price/disk space etc?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated, ta

i prefer 192 mp3s, small size and good quality

djshiva
14-04-2008, 03:38 PM
if you are using serato or traktor scratch or any of those, go for 320 mp3. sound quality is nuff good and the space you save is worth it.

if you are using ableton, then buy the wavs. ableton converts mp3s to wavs anyhow, so may as well just stick to the source.

:D

JamieBall
04-05-2008, 02:05 PM
stop being lazy and read it before you come asking the same damn questions.

Hmmm...

There's something to be said for the same people posting the same comments on here over and over, too. And ruminating endlessly over pointless arguments/discussions.

I've not come a browsin' on here for a year or so now cause it just makes me angry, this kind of situation is why.

Someone's not allowed to just come on and ask a straight up question, oh no, they've got the trawl the millions of pages of shite being talked by the same group of folk just to find their particular (often blinkered) opinions on the subject, which may have changed since then, anyways - depending what Richie Hawtin* has said about the same situation.

If you're in a kitchen why spend hours reading a book on how to cook something if all the ingredients are laid out around you, you can usually just ask a chef.

This kitchen just seems to be chocka wi Gordon Ramsay types, only you actually have to have something worthwhile to say occasionally (like the man himself) rather than just behaving like a bunch of boorish pricks.

Oh, and Roman, for the record I use serato and have no problem with 192kbps or 320kbps mp3 files as long as they're not encoded on some bullshit-assed freeware encoder.

I might take another years break now :-O

*Insert name of producer you pointlessly idolise here.

rhythmtech
04-05-2008, 02:14 PM
you should take another year off jamie - id use the time to grow my beard to preposterous proportions.

how you doin anyway? anything new due out?

JamieBall
04-05-2008, 02:19 PM
how you doin anyway? anything new due out?

So as not to derail I'll answer ya quick !

I'm doing Great.

Yes. (IST, Jackstar and some other stuff)

Hope yer good ;-x

rhythmtech
04-05-2008, 02:21 PM
cheers for that kiss.. brightened up my morning no end..

nothin better than kisses from a big hiary scotsman to seperate the men from the boys!

tocsin
05-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Someone's not allowed to just come on and ask a straight up question, oh no, they've got the trawl the millions of pages of shite being talked by the same group of folk just to find their particular (often blinkered) opinions on the subject, which may have changed since then, anyways - depending what Richie Hawtin* has said about the same situation.

Haha! QFT!

audioinjection
05-05-2008, 07:25 PM
320kbps works for me! :)

TechMouse
06-05-2008, 02:50 PM
How about Dwarves vs Midgets - which are more sexy?

Did I miss that one?

278d7e64a374de26f==