PDA

View Full Version : Premiership Weekend 12th / 13th April

Numeric
14-04-2008, 10:01 AM
watched Liverpool against Blackburn yesterday, fairly shit game, Rovers were woeful

the United game was better, Arsenal were by far the better side in the first half but United started to boss things after Anderson and Tevez came on in the second, incredible free kick from Hargreaves

Microdot
14-04-2008, 10:56 AM
arsenal looked better until they scored with the handball. then Utd seemed to wake up.

fatcollective
14-04-2008, 11:17 AM
owen hargreaves, what a beauty!!

Insomnia
14-04-2008, 11:37 AM
I cant be upset with the performance yesterday we never gave up..

The depth of the squad is what it's all about...

LittleMinx
14-04-2008, 12:13 PM
The best team won at end of day!!

Numeric
14-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Gerrard's cheating yesterday at Anfield was a disgrace

Insomnia
14-04-2008, 01:43 PM

What was the crack like?

I never saw that game yesterday...

Numeric
14-04-2008, 01:46 PM
it wasn't much of a game mate, more of a snore fest, Gerrard took a couple of dives tryin to win penalties, but failed, why he wasn't sent off is a mystery

Microdot
14-04-2008, 04:03 PM
it wasn't much of a game mate, more of a snore fest, Gerrard took a couple of dives tryin to win penalties, but failed, why he wasn't sent off is a mystery

golden boy, that's why.
used to be Shearer, then it was Terry, now it's Stevie Giro.

Will
14-04-2008, 04:10 PM
The best team won at end of day!!

Even Fergie said we were unlucky.

Numeric
14-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Gerrard's a c**t, truly dislikeable character

Numeric
14-04-2008, 04:12 PM

fair do's Arsenal played well enough, but scoring goals is what counts fella

Insomnia
14-04-2008, 04:15 PM
fair do's Arsenal played well enough, but scoring goals is what counts fella

I feel we have really missed Eduardo to be honest...

DJ RE:HAB
14-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Gerrard's a c**t, truly dislikeable character

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

And Ronaldos not.

Proper comedian you numeric.

There was contact in both of them challanges, something which cant be said for alot of Ronaldos innocuos dives.

And of course no one in this country will ever forgive him for the wink to bench after he got rooney sent off and sent your own country crashing out of the Euros...

Numeric
14-04-2008, 04:35 PM
international football in this country is a joke, the wink was quality, and the penalty to win that game was a beast :)

there was minimal contact (if any) for both the challenges on Gerrard yesterday, he could have easily stayed on his feet but chose to dive, i'm not saying Cristiano hasn't been guilty of it himself in the past, but when he has done he's been crucified in the media, when Gerrard does it no one seems to care

Microdot
14-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Ronaldo doesn't go round slagging other players off for diving or dropping renta-quotes about how diving is ruining the game like gerrard does though....

stevie giro is the biggest hypocrite in English football bar none.

Microdot
14-04-2008, 04:57 PM
And of course no one in this country will ever forgive him for the wink to bench after he got rooney sent off and sent your own country crashing out of the Euros...

World Cup.

LittleMinx
14-04-2008, 05:26 PM

I think Arse did play well and they did miss a few goals, but like i said Young Will best team won!!!!

djfase
14-04-2008, 06:41 PM

Couldnt agree more. He does it every game now.

What made it funnier was that when he should have had a pen the ref didnt give it as he was trying it all game

Whats the betting he gets a pen against chelsea in CL?

Numeric
15-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Whats the betting he gets a pen against chelsea in CL?

i hope he doesn't, the cheating c**t

watched Chelsea against Wigan last night round me mates gaff, was a boring game but the end was funny, great result :)

Esox Lucius
15-04-2008, 09:38 AM
nice one heskey lad :lol:

15-04-2008, 09:42 AM
i hope he doesn't, the cheating c**t

watched Chelsea against Wigan last night round me mates gaff, was a boring game but the end was funny, great result :)

Its like anything really, if hes got you talking then he must be doing something right.

After all i wish we had a ronaldo in our side as much as you wish you had a gerrard...

Carrick, Scholes and Anderson dont really hold any water to him at the moment.

20+ Goals this season is outstanding form.

And the assists aswell.

Numeric
15-04-2008, 09:55 AM
i wouldn't have Gerrard anywhere near the United squad let alone first team, Anderson and Hargreaves are good enough for me

fatcollective
15-04-2008, 10:38 AM
i wouldn't have Gerrard anywhere near the United squad let alone first team, Anderson and Hargreaves are good enough for me

Think Anderson will be much better next year though, fergie has done a good job with him so far, brining him in slowly, giving him vital experience...so although hes been pretty good this year, i think next year he will really shine and get a some goals too.

Hargreaves is excellent, proper versatile player...solid as a rock too!

fatcollective
15-04-2008, 10:46 AM
nice one heskey lad :lol:

i used to think heskey was a donkey, couldnt score for shit....but i totally reverese my feeling now...good lad indeed!

Numeric
15-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Think Anderson will be much better next year though, fergie has done a good job with him so far, brining him in slowly, giving him vital experience...so although hes been pretty good this year, i think next year he will really shine and get a some goals too.

Hargreaves is excellent, proper versatile player...solid as a rock too!

yeah man you're right, Anderson will only get better, just needs to start scorin, his contribution this season has been unquestionable though

Insomnia
15-04-2008, 11:31 AM
I had to laugh at the Chelsea score last night!

What a bunch of muppets!! :lol:

Microdot
15-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Its like anything really, if hes got you talking then he must be doing something right.

After all i wish we had a ronaldo in our side as much as you wish you had a gerrard...

Carrick, Scholes and Anderson dont really hold any water to him at the moment.

20+ Goals this season is outstanding form.

And the assists aswell.

:laughing:

think I'd rather stick with Paul Scholes tbh.
twice the player gerrard will ever be.

Numeric
15-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Scholes was fairly anonymous on sunday though, had a few very bad games recently

Microdot
15-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Scholes was fairly anonymous on sunday though, had a few very bad games recently

had a very poor game on sunday. at half time it was obvious that a straight swap of tevez for scholes was needed and Utd needed to switch to 442. luckily SAF took it one further and fetched Anderson on too.
I can understand Utd starting 433 away in europe (not that I like it mind), but there's not a team in the prem that Utd need to play 3 central midfielders against.

Microdot
15-04-2008, 11:50 AM
http://i30.tinypic.com/jr4r3s.jpg

Numeric
15-04-2008, 11:52 AM
:lol: that's quality

15-04-2008, 11:53 AM
:laughing:

think I'd rather stick with Paul Scholes tbh.
twice the player gerrard will ever be.

Take of the United Goggles.

Scholes best years are behind him.

He has knowhere near the same amount of assists or goals scored.

Its ok to admit a players finished, no shame in it.:lol:

Fair play hes still got good vision and a his passing is still second to none but he has never been able to tackle well and is always prone to lashing out as gingers do have a fiery streak.

15-04-2008, 11:53 AM

HAHAHA!!

Insomnia
15-04-2008, 12:29 PM

Brilliant ! :lol:

LittleMinx
15-04-2008, 03:03 PM
amazing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will
15-04-2008, 04:43 PM

Haha, where did you get that from?

15-04-2008, 04:48 PM

Fabregas facial expression was from one of the champs league games against us.

Ill never forget that gimpy face he pulled, it was after they scored.

Microdot
16-04-2008, 05:07 PM

A friend of mine was using it as his sig on another forum. nearly pmsl when I saw it. knew it would be appreciated on here by everyone, including the gooners...
raises a chuckle everytime I see it.

Microdot
17-04-2008, 04:42 AM
Take of the United Goggles.

Scholes best years are behind him.

He has knowhere near the same amount of assists or goals scored.

Its ok to admit a players finished, no shame in it.:lol:

Fair play hes still got good vision and a his passing is still second to none but he has never been able to tackle well and is always prone to lashing out as gingers do have a fiery streak.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article3761160.ece

"Scholes won 66 caps for England, the last in the European Championship quarter-final defeat by Portugal in 2004, but he became increasingly frustrated with Sven-Göran Eriksson's decision to play him on the wide left of midfield rather than in his preferred central role. There would be no such problem with Capello, who has earmarked where he wishes Scholes to play, if he is open to a return."

Numeric
17-04-2008, 09:02 AM
i doubt even i'd have Scholes back in the England set-up on recent form though

Microdot
17-04-2008, 02:06 PM
because of one bad game?

there's no one in the current England squad with Scholes' vision and range of passing. I reckon he'd walk into England's starting 11 right now.

I don't want to see Scholes playing for England either, but only because the extra games will be detrimental to his Utd performances.

Frank Dogshit
17-04-2008, 02:07 PM
capello doesnt do gingers...

Numeric
17-04-2008, 02:12 PM
it's not just one bad game though is it, i'm strugglin to think of one good game he's had since his return

ok fair do's, he played well against Villa at Old Trafford, and away at Fulham, away at Roma was ok, the pass to Cristiano was vintage, but still

Microdot
17-04-2008, 03:19 PM
would still walk into the current England starting 11.

dont forget he's only recently come back from long term injury.

Numeric
17-04-2008, 03:51 PM
i'd like to see another renaissance from him, like last season, just think it could be a bridge too far now, unfortunately

Will
17-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Yep, time to send the Ginger to the glue factory.

Numeric
18-04-2008, 09:15 AM
didn't see Everton against Chelsea last night, only two points between the top two now though

must win for United tomorrow

18-04-2008, 10:31 AM
because of one bad game?

there's no one in the current England squad with Scholes' vision and range of passing. I reckon he'd walk into England's starting 11 right now.

I don't want to see Scholes playing for England either, but only because the extra games will be detrimental to his Utd performances.

:roflmao: :lol: :embarrassed:

Microdot
18-04-2008, 02:40 PM
:roflmao: :lol: :embarrassed:

yes you should be embarrassed if you dont think Scholes would walk into the England team son. anyone just a fleeting knowledge of the game can see that.

it's all subjective anyway tbh cause I don't think capello will persuade him to go back. hopefully not anyway.

Microdot
18-04-2008, 02:41 PM
capello doesnt do gingers...

guess you missed the link then frank.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article3761160.ece

18-04-2008, 02:51 PM
It werent that Microdot.

It was your suggestion that hes the best passer and has the best vision in the england squad.

Im not saying he wouldnt get in.

Microdot
18-04-2008, 04:14 PM
It werent that Microdot.

It was your suggestion that hes the best passer and has the best vision in the england squad.

Im not saying he wouldnt get in.

so, who, in the england squad can pass the ball better than Paul Scholes?
only player I can think of as a possibility would be Beckham, who certainly doesn't have Scholes' vision.

I didn't say he would get in the squad, I said he would walk straight into the starting 11.

djfase
18-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Scholes in his peak was superb, but now not so.

still a very good passer of a ball, but the rest of it is letting him down.

Fergie only picks him out of sympathy. Well he must do with carrick, anderson, and hargreaves to choose from now

Aratron
18-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Scholes in his peak was superb, but now not so.

still a very good passer of a ball, but the rest of it is letting him down.

Fergie only picks him out of sympathy. Well he must do with carrick, anderson, and hargreaves to choose from now

maybe the old master knows what he is doing?
btw Scholes is a great player still, he makes a lot of crucial passes to the box.

278d7e64a374de26f==