PDA

View Full Version : My laptop...

DannyBlack
14-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Sorry for posting like a mad thing lads, but when it comes to PC's i aint too up to date.

Right, I managed to get everything sorted on it (apart from the occasional blue screen of death) but... my screen has this kind of wobbley effect when I grab and drag a screen or scroll a web page, like it is catching up with where i drag it to.

I thought maybe I have the graffix card turned to high, but it aint that... I just can't think of what it is. Any ideas?

dan the acid man
14-04-2008, 04:43 PM
sounds like it's just not got a very quick gpu in there, has it got a dedicated graphics chip or is it on board?

also what operating system are you using?

try altering some of windows graphic effects to get it running better

DannyBlack
14-04-2008, 06:03 PM
It is on board graffix man. I'm using XP Black, it is a hacked XP which has some Vista skins. Most of which I have reset due to the amount of "error at line " 415" type of things.... ugh...

How do I play around with the graffic settings?

stjohn
14-04-2008, 07:36 PM
i would imagine that Vista skins are pretty expensive on the GPU, with all their fancy shaders etc. if u dont mind how stuff looks.. revert back to the oldschool graphics by selecting 'classic view' in you display control panel.

DannyBlack
14-04-2008, 07:43 PM
would that make it all back to normal??

Elvio Neto
14-04-2008, 10:04 PM
XP Black is from a american guy right?

he doenst modded is windows very good... all the versions i try are bugy , he doenst understand nothing about tweeks

if you like modded windows i recomend you "experience" releases

that guy beats all the others , for example TINYXP by experience is very famous and light (700mb install and 80mb ram in use)

i have a dvd 50-windows-in-one-dvd made by experience , all the windows are tweeked for maximum performance , and includes the original versions too

theres a few forums about modded windows out there but the releases from experience are allways in first place on the ranking

278d7e64a374de26f==