PDA

View Full Version : Joe Calzaghe v Bernard Hopkins

fatcollective
16-04-2008, 10:20 AM
I can’t wait for this fight on Saturday....Hopkins has been mouthing off for months now, hope Joe knocks his fvckin head off, I hate the ****in prick!!

Numeric
16-04-2008, 10:34 AM
aye it should a good 'un, i don't mind Hopkins to be honest, will be routin for Calzaghe though, noticed that the programme starts at around 22:00 on Setanta, what time's the actual fight though?

we're all pilin into me mates gaff for it, the United match is on earlier in the evenin :)

fatcollective
16-04-2008, 10:39 AM
aye it should a good 'un, i don't mind Hopkins to be honest, will be routin for Kalzaghe though, noticed that the programme starts at around 22:00 on Setanta, what time's the actual fight though?

we're all pilin into me mates gaff for it, the United match is on earlier in the evenin :)

yea man i got a great day planned....united first then go for an indian and then back home with beers and sniff for the boxing!! i hope calzaghe batters him, i really do!!

Insomnia
16-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Will be watching for sure and hope Calzaghe knocks him the fcuk out!!

That Hopkins is a cocky prick!

Frank Dogshit
16-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Calsaghe will win easily.

Hopkins is another one of these been there and done it guys...his record speaks for itself. Plus hes 43 years of age...he wants to stick to what he looking after the local communitys back in the US or whatever he does thesedays.

Saw a program on him the other night,seemed like a nice chap anyway

LittleMinx
16-04-2008, 02:55 PM
is it defo on at 22.00 will be cleaning over me new gaff but i wanna be back to watch it!!!! Joe to win :yup:

DJCraig Ryan
16-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Yea it comes on at 10 but this will be all the build-up to the fight and all the fights on the undercard. Calzaghe will be on around the 3 bells mark.

I've no doubts Joe will win... i'm going for Calzaghe on points convincingly although i can possibly see a late stoppage round 9 upwards....

fatcollective
16-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Yea it comes on at 10 but this will be all the build-up to the fight and all the fights on the undercard. Calzaghe will be on around the 3 bells mark.

I've no doubts Joe will win... i'm going for Calzaghe on points convincingly although i can possibly see a late stoppage round 9 upwards....

yea i got a simular view....come on Joe, kick his fvckin ass!!!!

Frank Dogshit
16-04-2008, 04:17 PM
come on joe! catch us a crumper!

djfase
16-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Should be a good fight tho id be suprised if hopkins lasts the 12.

The only problem is hopkins has a cracking body shot.

Also the ref and 3 judges are yanks. The last thing calzaghe wants is for it to go distance.

Calzaghe is a legend. The best british boxer bar none

Siege
16-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Obviously,im rooting for Joe, and i think hel win BUT this fight will deffo be is hardest test....if it goes to points( which i think it will,but hope it doesnt) theres a chance of an Hopkins decision,unless Joe totally dominates the majority of the fight....hope he does and then some!

fatcollective
16-04-2008, 10:24 PM
its funny, i've never been so excited about a fight before...i just hope joe gets it right on the night...hes deffo got the tools, he just need to keep it together and bust this mother fvcker!!

Richierush
16-04-2008, 10:48 PM
setanta is shite an i havnt got my moneys worth out of it so im hoping this fight will do it for me an altho he is welsh am rootin for calzaghe

djfase
17-04-2008, 07:47 AM
setanta is a great channel.

Im a lover of the mma and thats o nearly every night, so im well pleased with what they offer

Numeric
17-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Setanta is way too expensive for Sky customers, can't justify another £10 a month on top of the current outgoings

DJCraig Ryan
17-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Calzaghe is a legend. The best british boxer bar none

Agree with that!! I'm a big fan of Calzaghe whether hes welsh or not!!

fatcollective
18-04-2008, 10:38 AM
does anyone know what the time of the offical weigh in? im assuming its gonna be on setanta.

Esox Lucius
18-04-2008, 01:11 PM
come on joe lad, knock the big headed cunt out

Richierush
20-04-2008, 05:02 AM
missed the first round with fallin asleep so missed hopkins puttin joe to the canvas,but really thought bernard looked the most dangerous didnt think joe landed any really big punches,he won it on jabs really more punches especially in the later rounds age probably did show,great win for calzaghe but not his best by far an i can understand why hopkins said what he did after the fight interview

Insomnia
20-04-2008, 06:36 AM
Just home from watching it !

The result is what matters to me, go on Joe Calzaghe!

RDR
20-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Anyone know where i can see this again for free?

cheers!

Aratron
20-04-2008, 11:05 AM
garbage fight from two second rate fighters.

shows how low the standard of modern professional boxing is.
Calzaghe wouldnt have lasted two minutes in the 50's/60s/70s.
A small town coward who has spent all his career fighting gypsy has-beens up and down crap venues in the uk avoiding real fighters.
****ing joke.

fatcollective
20-04-2008, 01:02 PM

A small town coward who has spent all his career fighting gypsy has-beens up and down crap venues in the uk avoiding real fighters.
****ing joke.

yea you would say that wouldnt ya!

thought it was a close fight, bernard was boring, joe was tryin to make a good fight but hopkins was shite....glad joe won....COME ON WALES!! Cardiff to win FA Cup!! :yup:

djfase
20-04-2008, 02:00 PM

****ing joke.

Thats one of the worst comments ivef read on this forum for a while.

These 2 fighters are legends, and the fact it was a shite fight was down to hopkins. He knew he could not last 12 rounds with joe, and so got dirty. The holding, constant headbutting, and faking a low blow.

The guy made the fight bad and deserved to lose for that reason, altough i thought calzaghe was very lucky to get the judges verdict.

Rematch? More than likely

Aratron
20-04-2008, 03:59 PM
yea you would say that wouldnt ya!

thought it was a close fight, bernard was boring, joe was tryin to make a good fight but hopkins was shite....glad joe won....COME ON WALES!! Cardiff to win FA Cup!! :yup:

dude i'm really sorry to tell you this but Calzaghe isn't even Welsh. He was born in London, he just happened to get married some dog-rough Welsh bird.

Aratron
20-04-2008, 04:02 PM

These 2 fighters are legends, and the fact it was a shite fight was down to hopkins. He knew he could not last 12 rounds with joe, and so got dirty. The holding, constant headbutting, and faking a low blow.

The guy made the fight bad and deserved to lose for that reason, altough i thought calzaghe was very lucky to get the judges verdict.

Rematch? More than likely

legends? get a grip mate.
Reason Calzione has been unbeaten is because he has boxed a bunch of nobodies for the last 15 years. Hopkins at 46 is hardly a legend.
Calzione is a coward who has avoided all his career, real fighters in his division such as Roy Jones. He has held a belt in the least respected division in boxing the WBO.

Aratron
20-04-2008, 04:04 PM

because majority of people who post in here are twits with no real personality or intelligence or opinion other than what they have read in the latest men's magazine.

DJCraig Ryan
20-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Aratron you do talk some shite...I aint even gonna answer you because you clearly dont know anything about boxing!

DJ Fase - I watched it last night and i have watched it again today (straight-headed) and Calzaghe well deserved the win. All Hopkins did was back off, hold and look to counter punch with that straight right. I admit he caught him a couple of times and he is a very akward defensive boxer. He reminds me a bit of Mayweather with his style. But Calzaghe kept coming forward, setting the pace and putting Hopkins on the back foot, Hopkins would not come forward at all. The first 6 rounds were close but after that Calzaghe wins nearly every one imo.

Aratron
20-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Aratron you do talk some shite...I aint even gonna answer you because you clearly dont know anything about boxing!

DJ Fase - I watched it last night and i have watched it again today (straight-headed) and Calzaghe well deserved the win. All Hopkins did was back off, hold and look to counter punch with that straight right. I admit he caught him a couple of times and he is a very akward defensive boxer. He reminds me a bit of Mayweather with his style. But Calzaghe kept coming forward, setting the pace and putting Hopkins on the back foot, Hopkins would not come forward at all. The first 6 rounds were close but after that Calzaghe wins nearly every one imo.

no mate i dont know a lot about boxing. i used to box at an amateur level from the age of 12 to 17, picking up the local belt for south yorkshire. i used to watch all the greats at a time when boxing was much bigger on tv. when you've seen greats like SugarRay Leonard fight, Calzaghe is a weak, wack subsitute, had a lucky career as an awkward southpaw, fighting third-rate opponents.

you ever fought against someone fighting southpaw? i thought not. you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Richierush
20-04-2008, 06:30 PM
legends? get a grip mate.
Reason Calzione has been unbeaten is because he has boxed a bunch of nobodies for the last 15 years. Hopkins at 46 is hardly a legend.
Calzione is a coward who has avoided all his career, real fighters in his division such as Roy Jones. He has held a belt in the least respected division in boxing the WBO.

he's 43 m8

Richierush
20-04-2008, 06:32 PM
because majority of people who post in here are twits with no real personality or intelligence or opinion other than what they have read in the latest men's magazine.

is that why u postin in here :lol: ,if thats how ya feel dont bother comin in again:wink:

Siege
21-04-2008, 05:42 PM
no mate i dont know a lot about boxing. i used to box at an amateur level from the age of 12 to 17, picking up the local belt for south yorkshire. i used to watch all the greats at a time when boxing was much bigger on tv. when you've seen greats like SugarRay Leonard fight, Calzaghe is a weak, wack subsitute, had a lucky career as an awkward southpaw, fighting third-rate opponents.

you ever fought against someone fighting southpaw? i thought not. you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

My god..you dont half talk some bollocks.....ive boxed in the past and i still say you talk utter shite

Aratron
21-04-2008, 06:27 PM
My god..you dont half talk some bollocks.....ive boxed in the past and i still say you talk utter shite

it's okay dude, you enjoy watching third rate diddicoy boxers, i don't.

Siege
21-04-2008, 06:50 PM
it's okay dude, you enjoy watching third rate diddicoy boxers, i don't.

Lol....il keep a look out for your nxt comment of knowledge

massplanck
21-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Lol....il keep a look out for your nxt comment of knowledge

Actually. Just ignore him. Its fun. Next time he says something looking for attention, just blank him.

SlavikSvensk
21-04-2008, 07:25 PM
i have to say, i agree with aratron's assessment of the fighters, if in much less antagonistic terms :)

to me, they're not A-list by any stretch of the imagination.

Aratron
21-04-2008, 07:33 PM
i have to say, i agree with aratron's assessment of the fighters, if in much less antagonistic terms :)

to me, they're not A-list by any stretch of the imagination.

the only point i was trying to make, more lamenting.

Aratron
21-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Actually. Just ignore him. Its fun. Next time he says something looking for attention, just blank him.

practice what you preach intead of obsessing about me.

i think you fancy me.

massplanck
21-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Give it a try guys.

Aratron
21-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Give it a try guys.

just come out of the closet mate.

we will support you.

massplanck
21-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Seriously just dont bother replying to his messages.

Aratron
21-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Seriously just dont bother replying to his messages.

thats 3 posts he's made about me now. your totally obsessed, i pity you.

Numeric
22-04-2008, 12:15 PM
was a fairly poor fight, surprised that Calzaghe got the decision to be honest, Hopkins landed the better punches but was just too negative and didn't deserve the victory

DJ RE:HAB
22-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Hopkins was clearly goosed by the rounds 7 and 8. And was tiring even before then. Which is why he kept holding.

Calzaghe has fought the best in his boxing career, hessler the last bloke he just fought was a monster and joe was lucky to come through that , but outboxed him.

Joe Calzaghe is the best in his weight and now the weigh above, if the boxers in these weights aratron are crap you can hardly blame joe. Hes boxed the best over the years within his weight and now the weight above.

Thats all the man can do...

Hes Still A Legend and laughs at Ricky Hatton.

I suggest Aratron you watch his last fight against the danish geezer and then maybe come back and slate him...

Numeric
22-04-2008, 01:40 PM
i laughed at 'tron's comments on this thread, sorry Calv

fatcollective
22-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Hopkins was clearly goosed by the rounds 7 and 8. And was tiring even before then. Which is why he kept holding.

Calzaghe has fought the best in his boxing career, hessler the last bloke he just fought was a monster and joe was lucky to come through that , but outboxed him.

Joe Calzaghe is the best in his weight and now the weigh above, if the boxers in these weights aratron are crap you can hardly blame joe. Hes boxed the best over the years within his weight and now the weight above.

Thats all the man can do...

Hes Still A Legend and laughs at Ricky Hatton.

I suggest Aratron you watch his last fight against the danish geezer and then maybe come back and slate him...

Couldn’t agree more, in fact I thought Kessler was a much tougher opponent than Hopkins, he was quick and strong and he was only 28 and Calzaghe still managed to out box him!

Hopkins was crafty, he tried every trick in the book, head butting, sly digs after the bell, holding on, pretending he was hit low...I think the judges took this into account and realized that Calzaghe was trying make a decent fight out of it... at the end of the day Calzaghe threw more punches and connected more punches....and a wins a win...and im well happy for him!!

there was one funny bit in the fight, round 10 I think when Joe was behind Hopkins pretending to botty bash him.....fvckin classic!!

DJ RE:HAB
22-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Couldn’t agree more, in fact I thought Kessler was a much tougher opponent than Hopkins, he was quick and strong and he was only 28 and Calzaghe still managed to out box him!

Hopkins was crafty, he tried every trick in the book, head butting, sly digs after the bell, holding on, pretending he was hit low...I think the judges took this into account and realized that Calzaghe was trying make a decent fight out of it... at the end of the day Calzaghe threw more punches and connected more punches....and a wins a win...and im well happy for him!!

there was one funny bit in the fight, round 10 I think when Joe was behind Hopkins pretending to botty bash him.....fvckin classic!!

Kessler was a beast. Reminded me of the russian boxer in Rocky IV.

Was funny that with calzaghe... The yanks didnt like it and neither did Granpa Sylvester Stallone... Who stood up with his arms aloft..

Haha sit down sly, before you fall down

DJCraig Ryan
22-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Aratron your little hero Roy Jones Junior just come out and said Joe Calzaghe is the best pound for pound fighter in the world after Floyd Mayweather!

Now who's chattin shit and doesn't know about their boxing...

SlavikSvensk
22-04-2008, 05:15 PM
roy jones jr is also a bit over the hill :)

Aratron
22-04-2008, 05:27 PM
i laughed at 'tron's comments on this thread, sorry Calv

okay dude. you don't know any better.

Numeric
22-04-2008, 05:28 PM
:lol:

Aratron
22-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Aratron your little hero Roy Jones Junior just come out and said Joe Calzaghe is the best pound for pound fighter in the world after Floyd Mayweather!

Now who's chattin shit and doesn't know about their boxing...

he's not my hero. i still stick to my original opinion. You are probably right, and that is a very sad indictment of modern day boxing.

278d7e64a374de26f==