PDA

View Full Version : Barça v United leg1

BloodStar
23-04-2008, 10:41 AM
will be a great game, tho. Messi is back, Puyol, Ronaldinho out, start of Thierry Henry in doubt.

Barca: Valdes - Zambrotta, Marquez, Milito, Abidal - Xavi, Yaya Toure, Iniesta - Krkic, Eto'o, Messi.

United: Van der Sar - Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra - Carrick, Scholes, Ronaldo, Tevez - Giggs, Rooney.

Numeric
23-04-2008, 10:45 AM
i'll be mortified if Anderson and Hargreaves don't start

Insomnia
23-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Well looking forward to this tonight...

Not sure how it'll go to be honest, should be a classic though!

Hope there are plenty goals and lots of action..

Will head to the bookies just before kick-off and fire on a score-cast....

fatcollective
23-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Big game for united tonight....would be good to get a goal or 2, then we can take them back to old trafford with a great advantage! to be honest i think if any time you have to play Barcelona is now, they aint doing so well right now, but i suppose all that can change! would like to see Rooney step up a gear tonight and get a goal!! come on shrek get ya head together!!!

BloodStar
23-04-2008, 11:02 AM
I wish, there will be many goals and attractive football, but I am bit worrying that it will be 0:0 and just 90mins of strategy bollocks... Early goal would be good..

All looks like Hargreaves and Anderson will not play.

Numeric
23-04-2008, 11:13 AM
word is Vidic was rushed to hospital with a stomach complaint last night and is now a doubt to start for United

davemoore
23-04-2008, 12:59 PM
the spanish play fast football and for me thats why man utd are looking strong in england cuz they are very fast down the wings and the pace of there team is unreal so this will be a game with a goal for sure .. maybe a injury or two i pray !! i think ronaldo will want to shine knowing the two spanish giants want to buy him ! barca has not done well this season maybe a lack of confidence or maybe there be more hungry i think the first game will either make them or brake them if they go down one nil i think it will be all over

djfase
23-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Big big game though utd will have to do summin to get a result.

Barca by 2 id say

Aratron
23-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Ronaldo totally screwed up too busy trying to look cool, instead of focusing on the penalty.

davemoore
23-04-2008, 08:33 PM
barca have total persesion on the ball there passing well but not making any real good through balls . mant utd look deadly on the counter only thanks to one man tho .. i think ronaldo may get sent off there trying to wind him up out there ..
messi is classs classs classss what a player and he is proving it !!!!

davemoore
23-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Ronaldo totally screwed up too busy trying to look cool, instead of focusing on the penalty.

he is copying torres's haircut now !!!

Spacehopper
23-04-2008, 09:17 PM
liverpool chelsea was a classic compared to this.....75mins gone an struggling to stay awake...suppose this will suit united down to the ground if its stays the way it is

djfase
23-04-2008, 10:17 PM
liverpool chelsea was a classic compared to this.....75mins gone an struggling to stay awake...suppose this will suit united down to the ground if its stays the way it is

Haha u r obviously a chelsea or scouse fan.

Last night was long ball. 2nite was about passing a ball.

Barca dominated, but had no cutting edge. The real fun will be the 2nd leg. Its setup nicely

Insomnia
23-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Henry should have been on from the start, it would of been more intresting..

Well makes for a cracker at old trafford...

DJ RE:HAB
24-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Haha u r obviously a chelsea or scouse fan.

Last night was long ball. 2nite was about passing a ball.

Barca dominated, but had no cutting edge. The real fun will be the 2nd leg. Its setup nicely

Well you can always tell how a game has gone by the hi-lights they show on the news channel, little to say there were 2 worthy hi-lights of the united barca game. The Peno and Henrys shot.

So that says to me that the game was naff, i was listening to it and United were suppose to be terrible upfront.

Ronaldo, Ronaldo...

Off all the penalties scored and then this one he balloons it. Someone hit the nail on the head in saying he messed it up coz of trying to look cool, that and just sheer arrogance of him probably thinking he doesnt need to try hard to score because he so's good.

It is nicely set up now for the return leg, but if they snatch a goal you could be trouble and as riise and liverpool fans may yet come to rue that penalty miss/own goal...

They battered you tho didnt they, apparently the ball was just in your half for the first half and the majority of the second..

Didnt Liverpool Beat them Last Year at the Nou Camp?

BloodStar
24-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Pretty boring match, tbh. Ronaldo too busy looking good than score a penalty, haha.
Messi was the best man on the field, tho. Whenveer he touched ball it was big danger for United. Looking forward to leg2. Wouldnt be surprised if Barca goes thru.

xes
24-04-2008, 10:02 AM
it was a proper boring game.

First half had its moment,but the second half was just gash.

Numeric
24-04-2008, 10:34 AM
RE:HAB you didn't even see the game, Barca dominated possession but hardly troubled United over the 90 mins, hardly what i would call a 'battering'

and these comments about Cristiano 'being too busy looking cool' are laughable, he missed a pen, happens from time to time

it was disappointing that United didn't create more, the defence did ok, Rio, Patrice and Hargreaves were all solid, Scholes was alright in the second half but overall no one up front particularly played well for United

xes
24-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Ronaldo was off his game last night big time. Virtually everything he did either went wide,or was just off the mark. You could see the annoyance he had with himself.

Numeric
24-04-2008, 11:01 AM
to be honest i think Sir wanted a repeat of what happened away against Roma, but United had different personnel this time and Barca at the Nou Camp are a different prospect

Rooney was completely ineffective on the right, Park was anonymous also

United would have fared better if Vidic was fit which would have allowed Hargreaves to play in the centre of midfield

DJ RE:HAB
24-04-2008, 11:12 AM
to be honest i think Sir wanted a repeat of what happened away against Roma, but United had different personnel this time and Barca at the Nou Camp are a different prospect

Rooney was completely ineffective on the right, Park was anonymous also

United would have fared better if Vidic was fit which would have allowed Hargreaves to play in the centre of midfield

Fair play i didnt watch it mate... You got me on that.

But im going on what i heard from the commentators on the radio 5 live. And from various news reports.

Still couldnt manage the 2-1 we beat em by last season though eh... :lol:

Funnily enough friggin ginger top scored for us in that game... Think that may of been his last goal for us before tuesdays effort.

fatcollective
24-04-2008, 11:21 AM
think Fergie got it a bit wrong last night....the formation just werent working...it was far too defensive and united are better playing attacking. Rooney spent most of the night in defence and when we did get a break there was no support or the final ball was utter shite. i think fergie should have changed team at half time. towards the end of the game hargreaves made some good runs down the wing and this should have happened throughout the game...we would have had more chances this way... lets just hope fergie picks a better team next week!

Insomnia
24-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Man utd will have to go more attacking at home but will have to watch as not to leave them selfs open to the counter attack..

If Barcelona were to grab an away goal early i'm sure they'd sit deep and hold onto it...

Makes for a much better game than last night in terms of tactics....

Numeric
24-04-2008, 11:47 AM
aye, totally

i'd go 4-3-3 next week at Old Trafford

Hargreaves, Anderson, Scholes

Cristiano, Tevez, Rooney

Will
24-04-2008, 05:32 PM
According to the commentators on 5 Live Ronaldo went missing big time, and that's why he missed the penalty. They even went so far as to suggest he's not one of the truly world class players in the world yet because he can't do it on the big stage, whereas Messi can. Though Ronaldo's scored alot more goals than Messi I think, Barcelona have been having problems though, it sounds as though without Messi they really struggle and he's been brilliant, but hasn't got the goals to back up how good he's been in the way Ronaldo has.

Numeric
24-04-2008, 05:43 PM
5 Live are usually reliable with their commentary and punditry but i think they've got a bit carried away on this occasion, Cristiano was isolated for much of the game, you can't really place too much blame on his shoulders as the whole team seemed to be set-up to nullify Barca's attacking play, he did miss the penalty though granted, but should have been awarded another

Barca have been woeful in La Liga over the past few months, they were galvanised by the penalty miss last night and so were their fans, if Cristiano had scored then Barca would have fell to pieces

Will
24-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Perhaps, though they might have been more determined to win and ended up winning the game... I'm glad he missed though, good as he is, I still think he's an arrogant bell end... I fact I'm glad he got a penalty, since he missed it.

It'd be nice for Henry to knockout United by scoring a goal or two (or better yet three), that'd be sweet!

Will
24-04-2008, 06:07 PM
They said they were struggling to think of a United player who played well, I suppose Fergie's tactics had something to do with it, he probably gave them too much respect really, but a draw's a good result. Barca still have a good chance though.

Numeric
25-04-2008, 09:57 AM
United's defence were fairly solid, Wes made a couple of mistakes though

Sir did show Barca too much respect in my opinion, he shouldn't have set the team up so negative

fatcollective
25-04-2008, 11:36 AM
everyones going on like united played totally shite and lost 10 - 0... at the end of the day we drew nil nil at the Nou Camp which is a good result, we could have won if ronaldo scored the penlty...united done ok man...im sure wre gonna do much better at old trafford! bring it on!

Numeric
25-04-2008, 12:11 PM
innit mate, everyone seems to forget that we've got a huge game tomorrow against Chelsea, United could have gone all guns blazin at the Nou Camp but needed to keep somin in reserve for Stamford Bridge, Sir knows

basslinejunkie
25-04-2008, 12:16 PM
think Fergie got it a bit wrong last night....the formation just werent working...it was far too defensive and united are better playing attacking. Rooney spent most of the night in defence and when we did get a break there was no support or the final ball was utter shite. i think fergie should have changed team at half time. towards the end of the game hargreaves made some good runs down the wing and this should have happened throughout the game...we would have had more chances this way... lets just hope fergie picks a better team next week!

didnt get it wrong atall,it went exactly how he wanted.very tight with few chances.thats how you progress in europe,get them back on your home patch then turn them over.

Numeric
25-04-2008, 12:18 PM
didnt get it wrong atall,it went exactly how he wanted.very tight with few chances.thats how you progress in europe,get them back on your home patch then turn them over.

word

Numeric
25-04-2008, 12:20 PM
was still disappointed with how little United created though

Insomnia
25-04-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm sure it'll all be so different next week at old trafford...

Has the makings of a cracker if you ask me !

Will
25-04-2008, 04:02 PM
I seem to remember the last time United reached the final they won at the Stade del Alpi to get there.

nick_anarchy
27-04-2008, 03:21 PM
messi is unreal !!! all he misses from ronaldo is the amount of goals hes still the worlds best player for me when fully fit

Will
28-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Messi is?

davemoore
28-04-2008, 07:30 PM
yeh i would agree first class player he through mounts of players and that makes a class player his ball controll is unreal the ball only leaves his feet when he wants it too

278d7e64a374de26f==