PDA

View Full Version : Champions League 2nd Legs!

fatcollective
28-04-2008, 11:29 PM
i hope to god that united get a result tomorrow...things have'nt been to good over the last week, but im sure we can get it together. if we aint got rooney in the team, dont know what were gonna do though, because hes about the only player in team we cant replace! fergie has seriously got to use all his experience and pick the right team, hes got to get it bang on tomorrow!anyways...come on united, time to start fighting!

as for the liverpool chelsea game, i think its anyones, obviously chelsea have the advantage but the pressure is on and we all know liverpool can turn it on in the CL.

BIG BIG GAMES!! this is what the top flight is all about!

LittleMinx
29-04-2008, 07:05 AM
Im well nervous bout the game tonite, No Rooney will be a tough one, but like u said fatcollective Sir Alex really needs to put his thinkin cap on and get a solid team out 2nite, our performance against Chelsea the weekend was bad, but pressure is sure on now!!!!

Glad its a home game tho!!!!

C'mon UNITED :smile:

DJ RE:HAB
29-04-2008, 09:52 AM
I think the first 20 mins will be vital for United. Dont concede in them first 20 mins then i reckon they have got a great chance. Barca will want to nick a goal asap to, which if they do will be a nightmare for Fergies women. Having to score 2 is not impossible @ OT as we all know, but risk trying to attack the game when 1 down and get hit on the counter by Barca and Messi will be nightmare. Im not going to call this one as i really dont know.

All i know is that Hargreaves will have to have a massive game tonight. He could be the match winnner for you.

Massive Games tho

Numeric
29-04-2008, 10:13 AM
big game tonight, i can't wait to be honest, Rooney and Vidic are both doubts which is a blow, as long as we start well i think we'll be fine, this is how i'd line-up if everyone's fit, 4-3-3

Van Der Saar
Brown
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Hargreaves
Anderson
Scholes
Ronaldo
Tevez
Rooney

c'mon United!!

Insomnia
29-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Aye Vidic took a dull one of Drogba's knee, looked nasty on Saturday...

Looking forward to this tonight, i noticed Barcelona rested 8 of their first 11 at the wkend...

29-04-2008, 10:59 AM
big game tonight, i can't wait to be honest, Rooney and Vidic are both doubts which is a blow, as long as we start well i think we'll be fine, this is how i'd line-up if everyone's fit, 4-3-3

Van Der Saar
Brown
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Hargreaves
Anderson
Scholes
Ronaldo
Tevez
Rooney

c'mon United!!

Id be surprised if Rooney and Vidic both played...

I reckon Vidic will... Doubt Rooney will though...

Numeric
29-04-2008, 11:12 AM
if Rooney doesn't play i honestly dunno who i'd like to see up there with Tevs tonight, Nani and Giggs have both been shit of late, Park was shit last week at the Nou Camp, United could do with a new forward as well as Manucho next season

if Vidic doesn't play then that means Hargreaves will have to slot in at right-back and Wes in the centre, leaving a place in the midfield for Carrick who's also been shit of late, nightmare

29-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Ive got a feeling United will do it, so ill go against my gut instinct and say Barcelona to win 2-1

fatcollective
29-04-2008, 04:46 PM
COME ON YOOOOOUUUUUU REEEEEDS!!

United to win 10 - 0!

Numeric
29-04-2008, 06:59 PM
just seen the starting line-up on Sky Sports News, no Vidic or Rooney :whoops:

4-4-2

Van Der Saar
Hargreaves
Ferdinand
Brown
Evra
Park
Carrick
Scholes
Nani
Tevez
Ronaldo

far be it from me to question Sir, but no Anderson? what the ****!! he was by far our best midfield player against Chelsea :whoops:

i still have faith though

fatcollective
29-04-2008, 09:45 PM

United to win 10 - 0!

meant 1 - 0 really ...hahaha!! coooome ooooon!!

fvckin well buzzin!! yeesssssssssss!!!!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Aratron
29-04-2008, 09:46 PM
just seen the starting line-up on Sky Sports News, no Vidic or Rooney :whoops:

4-4-2

Van Der Saar
Hargreaves
Ferdinand
Brown
Evra
Park
Carrick
Scholes
Nani
Tevez
Ronaldo

far be it from me to question Sir, but no Anderson? what the ****!! he was by far our best midfield player against Chelsea :whoops:

i still have faith though

Oi Oi !!!

One Nil !!! Boring Game but glad the Devils got through.

Who scored the goal????? Scholesy!!! Told ya he was still dangerous!

LittleMinx
30-04-2008, 08:37 AM
:biggrin:

Now i want Liverpool to win 2nite so we can terrorise them at Moscow :yup: :wink:

Numeric
30-04-2008, 08:43 AM
United are goin to Moscow!! :lol:

good performance last night, the boyz did us proud, i was wrong to doubt Park and Nani they both did really well, awesome team performance from Cristiano also, i've been criticising Scholes all season but that goal was class

feelin a bit rough after all the stella's, everyone's comin round again tonight for Chelsea vs Liverpool, bring it on!! :)

basslinejunkie
30-04-2008, 09:28 AM
great goal by scholes.

i expected more from barca,especially eto'o,whats happend to him?!? he used to be not so long ago the best striker in the world imo.now he looks like he doesnt give a shit.

Esox Lucius
30-04-2008, 09:31 AM
classic scholes goal, some dodgy tackles from him though especially since he was on a booking. tevez had a good game.

nice one though, hope its a united v shite final. who ever wins that would have some braggin rights for years like

30-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Well done United a good performance.

I think Rio and Brown, more brown played great last night.

Barcelona are woeful in attack. If it wasnt for messi and deco i dont think they would create any chances at all.

Scholes struck that shot so well.. Unbelievable goal...

Anyhow well done...

Lets hope we do the chavski tonight and what a final it will be...

Numeric
30-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Barcelona are woeful in attack. If it wasnt for messi and deco i dont think they would create any chances at all.

to be fair United's defence is probably the best in Europe

fatcollective
30-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Rio and Brown were solid....also tevez had a great game, he works his ass off and his performance really gets the other players working hard too! i think most of the team actually had a good game aswel... fvckin well done boys!!

Moscow here we come!

30-04-2008, 11:28 AM
awesome team performance from Cristiano also

I thought football was a team game though.

The likes of Dork Kuyt works hard for "The Team" every week, but gets slated. Here we have you saying awesome team performance from Cristiano.

He gets paid to play with and for his team every week. Not for himself or so i thought anyway..

He never come good on his goal promise, shows immaturity in him still to come out and promise goals, esp in a game like football.

fatcollective
30-04-2008, 11:34 AM
we won and thats that, no matter what anyone says...we are through to the final...its was a good overall team performance and it was a magnificent goal that won the game!

the pressure is on liverpool now!

Numeric
30-04-2008, 11:38 AM
at RE:HAB, you're right football is a team game, but all too often we see Cristiano trying to do the spectacular which is great as he scores lots of goals, but it was good last night to see a slightly more mature performance from him despite the fact he didn't score

he was obviously gutted about the penalty last week and thought he needed make some kind of pledge to make amends, he's a young lad and is still learning

30-04-2008, 01:24 PM
at RE:HAB, you're right football is a team game, but all too often we see Cristiano trying to do the spectacular which is great as he scores lots of goals, but it was good last night to see a slightly more mature performance from him despite the fact he didn't score

he was obviously gutted about the penalty last week and thought he needed make some kind of pledge to make amends, he's a young lad and is still learning

Aye cant fault the lads talent...

I reckon we can do it tonight. The final could go either way, ive seen alot of mancs saying they would prefer us as we are easier to beat... Which in the league has been true @ OT this season even though we were down to ten men. The Anfield affairs have been a completely different game. And this will blow the final right open. United may have more talent, but we have the experiance of being in two finals already and some of the players know how to cope under the pressure. Something which alot of Uniteds yuonger players do not have.

So i think on average the final could go either way IF WE get to it, which is hard to say at the moment.

What a match it will be for us or chelsea and united to be in... A Great advert for the PL and the pressure and the build up will be outrageous...

Just read on another forum that the KO time for moscow over there wil be like 22:30 or 23:30. Thats along time for the players to wait...

Anyhow see what happens tonight first.

Ill get my excuses in now though, i reckon UEFA and alike wont want a Liverpool Vs Manure final, so i think the ref tonight will do everything possible to stop it...

Plus Romans probs got the ref in his back pocket...

Spacehopper
30-04-2008, 01:59 PM
thought that was funny when ronaldo fouled zambrotta, then actioned to the ref that zambrotta dived.....unbelievable
and i think he only put in a good ' team performance ' because every time he did try and go on a run, he got stopped every time.
barcelona werent direct enough, too much short passing going nowhere, made uniteds defending a lot easier, not saying they didnt defend well tho....brown was class...
and great goal by scholes, he definitely deserves to play in the final

30-04-2008, 02:31 PM
thought that was funny when ronaldo fouled zambrotta, then actioned to the ref that zambrotta dived.....unbelievable
and i think he only put in a good ' team performance ' because every time he did try and go on a run, he got stopped every time.
barcelona werent direct enough, too much short passing going nowhere, made uniteds defending a lot easier, not saying they didnt defend well tho....brown was class...
and great goal by scholes, he definitely deserves to play in the final

Aye was funny that bit.. Pot Kettle Black...

Also made me laugh when gave away another foul he folded his arms like a naughty school boy in the corner...

Did give me a chuckle.

Think Nani needs to focus more on the teamwork of things, he loves goin for glory...

Esox Lucius
30-04-2008, 03:06 PM
lets see what liverpool do tonight first

Numeric
30-04-2008, 03:46 PM
interesting article on how Liverpool fans may feel about facing United in the final

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,13320_3497060,00.html

30-04-2008, 04:04 PM
interesting article on how Liverpool fans may feel about facing United in the final

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,13320_3497060,00.html

Read it and it applies both ways, obviously been written by a manc.

And i left a message in there as did others...

Of course all United fans know they will beat us in Moscow. The jobs done already if we get there...

You guys just keep thinking that.

30-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Just nicked this of there aswell from a poster

Truths
Contradictory?? Never!!

Chelsea play defensive football = boring defensive anti football

Liverpool play defensive football = boring defensive anti football

Man-Utd play backs to the wall defensive football = tactical masterstroke by Sir Rednose

Dirk Kuyt = Golden retriever as he closes players down and defends from the front

Tevez = Genius for defending from the front as he closes players down?

Numeric
30-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Of course all United fans know they will beat us in Moscow. The jobs done already if we get there...

You guys just keep thinking that.

Rafa's record against us isn't the best is it

Richierush
30-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Liverpool out......... :)

Aratron
30-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Liverpool out......... :)

shame.

set up for a Moscow final with Chelski. Mna Utd have the ref, linesmen against them for sure. Perfect venue for Abramovich.

Richierush
30-04-2008, 10:24 PM
your probably right be a better match with liverpool,but makes me alot happier to know liverpool will not win the trophy this season,wonder if rafa will be off end of season now,happy drogba scored shove the words down rafas throat,he sometimes says things without thinkin,his special words towards everton after games gets me

Numeric
01-05-2008, 09:25 AM
incredible match last night, fascinating contest, Liverpool did really well to get back into the game in the second half, when it went to extra time i thought they might snatch it but Chelsea came strong again, first class entertainment for the neutral, must have been pure stress for fans of the teams concerned, one of my mates is a kopite and he was devastated, i actually felt sorry for him and didn't even get on his case :ohdear:

fair do's Liverpool gave everything, good performance from them

Drogba's first goal was a beltin hit

Numeric
01-05-2008, 09:28 AM
set up for a Moscow final with Chelski. Mna Utd have the ref, linesmen against them for sure. Perfect venue for Abramovich.

aye it doesn't bare thinkin about

fatcollective
01-05-2008, 10:08 AM
shame.

didnt even think of this...but im sure united will will anyway....fvckin hope so!

basslinejunkie
01-05-2008, 10:18 AM
incredible match last night, fascinating contest, Liverpool did really well to get back into the game in the second half, when it went to extra time i thought they might snatch it but Chelsea came strong again, first class entertainment for the neutral, must have been pure stress for fans of the teams concerned, one of my mates is a kopite and he was devastated, i actually felt sorry for him and didn't even get on his case :ohdear:

fair do's Liverpool gave everything, good performance from them

Drogba's first goal was a beltin hit

We should of done them in the 2nd half,they were there for the taking. This highlights our biggest problem, we don't convert our dominance into goals. The ref also bottled it when we should of had a pen. **** it,were out. we'l be back next year.

LittleMinx
01-05-2008, 10:40 AM
I really wanted Liverpool to win, but you could see chelscum wernt gonna let um have it!!! I really thought they were gonna do it in second half, but chelscum were strong !!! C*nts

oh well im pretty sure we will terrorise them in Moscow!!!

Where Rehab 2day :lol: :lol:

Will
01-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Just nicked this of there aswell from a poster

Truths
Contradictory?? Never!!

Chelsea play defensive football = boring defensive anti football

Liverpool play defensive football = boring defensive anti football

Man-Utd play backs to the wall defensive football = tactical masterstroke by Sir Rednose

Dirk Kuyt = Golden retriever as he closes players down and defends from the front

Tevez = Genius for defending from the front as he closes players down?

Good points.

278d7e64a374de26f==