PDA

View Full Version : the best distortion unit i have used to date

josephjobling
29-04-2008, 08:57 PM
i have come across a dirty little distortion plug in that is perfect for dirty electric techno sounds. it is the D16 audio devastor. i got it yesterday and have spent da ypluging it into dirrerent types of sounds and making very dirty noises with it the more i use it the more i like it. - you can down load a free demo from the d16 audio website and if you haven't heard of it id check it out.

p.s hope it is ok to put this thread am not an advertiser or nowt. just sat in me bedroom enjoying the sounds it makes and thought i'd mention it x

RDR
30-04-2008, 07:16 AM
I'll second that.

fantastic plugin.

BloodStar
30-04-2008, 04:41 PM
yep, devastor is very very nice.

rhythmtech
30-04-2008, 05:19 PM
little bit buggy though. waiting for 1.1 here

MARK ANXIOUS
30-04-2008, 05:23 PM
yeah i love it but omicide is much better omho. plus you don't have a dry/wet, which really is a pain up the ass

stjohn
30-04-2008, 07:41 PM
yeah i love it but omicide is much better omho. plus you don't have a dry/wet, which really is a pain up the ass

ohmicide has been my goto one for the past while!! the only thing is it cant be automated propely in ableton :\..

the lines are all there.. it just doesnt seem to work very well.

josephjobling
30-04-2008, 07:51 PM
never herd of thet i'll check it out - i use ableton too what are the problems in more detail before i commit x

stjohn
01-05-2008, 03:28 PM
never herd of thet i'll check it out - i use ableton too what are the problems in more detail before i commit x

thankx for the x ;)

the main problem is that there seems to be a bug between ableton and the set of paramenters in ohmicide. u know when u can open the vst on the bottom.. and u have a set of ableton live faders for each of the vst paramters?.. well they just dont seem to move the paramter on the vst itself. some they do some they dont.

which is a shame because there is a attack, decay, threshold thing that can give some stuff a nice pump. despite ths tho.. there is loads of types of distortion to flick through, 4 bands with the aforementioned attack controls. try the 'demo' its great.

josephjobling
03-05-2008, 02:52 AM
had a go at the ohmicide and i must say i like it alot- 80quid though so will have to wait a couple of weeks.
right though the devestor does'nt seem as smooth (especially at the top end) in comparison. (the d16's still a nice unit and for a third)
but cheers i'll def get this one.

audioinjection
05-05-2008, 07:42 PM
devastor yes! great sounding plugin!

if your'e looking for a freeware one, try 'Tridirt', really good also!

278d7e64a374de26f==