PDA

View Full Version : turnkey gone into administration

rhythmtech
01-05-2008, 11:48 AM
cant say im surprised. how they have any customers with their service is unbelievable.

sorry to hear about the loss of jobs though. nearly 500 in the uk.

acidsaturation
01-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Yeh the service from turnkey on the phone was shite.

Never had a complaint with Sound control in Leeds, always willing to make a deal, and always remember when I got my A-station and they'd messed up the ordering. One of the staff had bought the last one in and she brought it back and said she was moving house and wouldn't have much time to play with it, so I could get it before christmas holiday. And knocked a bit off and gave me my cables free 'cos it was opened.

Doesn't say if the big store in Leeds is still open, it ain't listed either way.

DannyBlack
01-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Administration? do you mean liquidation.

RDR
01-05-2008, 02:23 PM
im not suprised either. the amount of times i ordered stuff off them which turned out NOT to be in stock and was told i would have to wait a month just wasnt worth it.

terrible customer service and plain lies about stock = poor.

also i suspect the downturn in the economy and the extended use of software over hardware.

rhythmtech
01-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Administration? do you mean liquidation.

administration is the step before liquidation (i think?)

Electrictribe
01-05-2008, 03:19 PM
administration is the step before liquidation (i think?)

Correct. Administration basically the company gets taken control of by a third party. They then address all the current creditors etc and then once that has all been sorted they will be put into liquidation and cease to exist.

acidsaturation
01-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Possibly. It's interesting they have kept some stores trading.

TechMouse
01-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Turnkey were brilliant.

You could always play them off against Digital Village to get the prices hysterically low, place the order with Turnkey, and then when (not if, WHEN) they **** the order up you just phone up and they give you loads of free stuff.

Genius business plan.

DannyBlack
01-05-2008, 07:10 PM
ah, thats shitty for those who were employed by them.

RDR
02-05-2008, 07:18 AM
Here come the sharks....

got this in an email from Dolphin Music

Sound Control/Turnkey go into Administration.

After many months of speculation and rumour it has been revealed today, 30th April 2008, that Sound Control, including Turnkey, have gone into administration.

At least 10 stores have already closed and unfortunately 100+ staff have been laid-off. At this time we have no further information, but what is quite clear is that any new or existing orders are unlikely to be fulfilled.

We take customer service very seriously at Dolphin Music, so in view of the demise of Sound Control, we will be increasing staffing levels this week & this weekend to ensure that we can meet the increased demand.

In view of the serious impact these events could have on customers who have placed orders in good faith, Dolphin Music would like to offer an advice service to any worried Sound Control or Turnkey customers. Anyone seeking advice on how to cancel a Sound Control or Turnkey order and ensure that they receive a refund should call the number below and one of our advisors will be happy to assist.

Any customers planning to make a purchase from Sound Control or Turnkey are equally welcome to call Dolphin Music and we will match or better the price offered by them.

For Sales or Advice please call Dolphin Music Sales: 0844 815 0888

Finally, the Dolphin Music team would like to express sympathy for all the staff that have lost their jobs as a

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

acidsaturation
02-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Hmmm... Yeh in there quick.

The thing is the company has not totally folded, they're still trading from some stores - I don't fully understand all this business stuff, but it's not a definite slide from administrations to liquidation is it?

So maybe this was a quick and brutal way to suddenly shift stores that weren't performing.

MorePunkThanFunk
03-05-2008, 01:20 PM
once a company goes into administration it can either be bought out or get liquidated. ... i think

278d7e64a374de26f==