PDA

View Full Version : reverse tricks

tracatak
02-05-2008, 01:33 AM
any1 have any tricks with reversing samples. in cubase lately i have been taking lets say a cymbal and shorten the sample by dragging the audio sample from left to the right and then reverse it and drag it back to the left and it puts a dip in the volume (not sure the technical terms here) seems like the first half of the sample isnt reversed but it prob is and the second half is still reversed IDK but either way it creates a nice groove or swing or something instead of original KICK into reverse sound i was getting that can tend to sound like hardstyle sometimes..this make sense? any1 have any other tricks or know what this is called if anything? i have heard about reverse reverb etc (oh and side note on the group track i do have a compressor and reverb going )

::blank stare:: i know lol

Jay Pace
02-05-2008, 03:57 AM
i

Jay Pace
02-05-2008, 03:58 AM
I quite like reversing reverb trails.

Get a noise, start of a synth etc etc. Put a massive OTT reverb on it with a massive long decay. Record it. Reverse it and have the weird reversed reverb trail lead up to your noise. Cool effect.

acidsaturation
02-05-2008, 10:14 AM
I like reversing vocals, putting some crazy reverb on them and revesing them back to the right way round. Can get some good atmosphericness with that.

ampassasinbirmingham
02-05-2008, 10:25 AM
I quite like reversing reverb trails.

Get a noise, start of a synth etc etc. Put a massive OTT reverb on it with a massive long decay. Record it. Reverse it and have the weird reversed reverb trail lead up to your noise. Cool effect.

i was about to say that! Even getting a hit with a long reverbtail, copy and paste after and reverese it. You get that whole hit with the tail and then it kind of sucks back in. Good for impact etc

Loop
03-05-2008, 04:30 AM
Neat trick from Omni Trio is to reverse a reverb tail of a snare and then play this just before your snare hit, get the timing right and its very nice.

acidsaturation
03-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Neat trick from Omni Trio is to reverse a reverb tail of a snare and then play this just before your snare hit, get the timing right and its very nice.

Runs off to find Omni Trio Album that I've not listened to for ages....

eyeswithoutaface
03-05-2008, 11:26 PM
i just **** it all off and play my whole tracks in reverse

stjohn
05-05-2008, 04:10 PM
i just **** it all off and play my whole tracks in reverse

try it twice... mental!

audioinjection
05-05-2008, 07:37 PM
hahah reverse twice!

nah but seriously, i find making a cool percussion loop and doing that reverse/reverb trick to be pretty cool, find a good spot of it in the mix and it'll make ur track sound a bit more drivin

eyeswithoutaface
05-05-2008, 09:43 PM
reverse crash/ride cymbals make great rushing edits, pretty classic but really effective

tracatak
05-05-2008, 10:46 PM
reverse the crash and ride cymblas n add reverb then reverse again or just reverse them ?

278d7e64a374de26f==