PDA

View Full Version : Gareth Barry to Liverppol?

Numeric
02-05-2008, 01:39 PM
liverpool have reportedly opened the bidding for gareth barry with an offer of £10m

wouldn't have thought another midfielder is what the kopites are in need of

DJ RE:HAB
02-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Apparently Alonso is on his way out...

Players in the prem have sussed alonso out now anyhow, dont give him anytime on the ball to pick a pass and hes scuppered...

Alonso hasnt had a good game for us for over 2 seasons...

Spacehopper
02-05-2008, 02:47 PM
if alonso goes then barry would be perfect....

i think liverpool are in need of some decent attacking wing backs, like evra whos always getting forward and causing problems.....our right and left backs look like they have no confidence on the ball, going forward, or anything...... riise should have gone years ago coz he is basically dogshit, aurelio? cant believe he is brazilian!, arbeloa panics, and carra shouldnt be playing i that postion... the other top 3 teams have some quality full backs that get forward, evra and clichy the 2 that stand out the most, ashley cole isnt as good as them 2 but he'd still stroll into the liverpool team no problem

another right midfielder is a definite......kuyt can f**k off back to the Dutch league and play for Groningen where he'll probably score 35 goals a season because the Dutch league is so shit!

and because crouch never gets a look in even though he plays well and scores every time he starts, i hope he goes elsewhere, shows Benitez what he missed out on and we get another top class striker to partner Fernando

Will
02-05-2008, 04:19 PM
He'd be a decent signing, he seems a good partner for Gerrard for England and could cement his place alongside him by going to Liverpool...

Will
02-05-2008, 04:42 PM
O'Neil says:

Gareth Barry still has two years of his contract left to run and, from my two years' experience of working with him, he's not one who'd be wanting to break contracts lightly," he told the club's official website.

"Liverpool haven't made a straight cash offer. They've made an offer involving a mish-mash of nameless player exchanges."

O'Neill has also accused the Merseyside club of attempting to unsettle his captain after making their approach public knowledge.

"I'm particularly disappointed to hear that business is being conducted in public and I just want to be clear on this: We're trying to build a side here and we're not a feeder club," he continued.

"We want to be trying to challenge. At some stage we want to get to the position that this football club once held. That will demand an awful lot of effort. It will take a supreme effort and it will take very, very good players.

"I don't want to be in a position of letting really good players go. Gareth Barry is a really good player who still has two years left on his contract.

"I haven't discussed these things with him yet. At some stage obviously I will do. But the day before probably our most important game of the season is not the time to be discussing it."

Frank Dogshit
02-05-2008, 06:17 PM
O'Neil says:

Gareth Barry still has two years of his contract left to run and, from my two years' experience of working with him, he's not one who'd be wanting to break contracts lightly," he told the club's official website.

"Liverpool haven't made a straight cash offer. They've made an offer involving a mish-mash of nameless player exchanges."

O'Neill has also accused the Merseyside club of attempting to unsettle his captain after making their approach public knowledge.

"I'm particularly disappointed to hear that business is being conducted in public and I just want to be clear on this: We're trying to build a side here and we're not a feeder club," he continued.

"We want to be trying to challenge. At some stage we want to get to the position that this football club once held. That will demand an awful lot of effort. It will take a supreme effort and it will take very, very good players.

"I don't want to be in a position of letting really good players go. Gareth Barry is a really good player who still has two years left on his contract.

"I haven't discussed these things with him yet. At some stage obviously I will do. But the day before probably our most important game of the season is not the time to be discussing it."

Carson,Crouch and Sean Dundee

Will
03-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Strange one this, why bid for him now, before the end of the season and in puclic, too. It's as though they're trying to do Everton a favour by destabilising the captain of their main rival for 5th. It's not as though they'll get him before the end of the season and if they wanted to sign him up before any other big clubs came in they wouldn't have made it public...

Aratron
03-05-2008, 03:41 PM
liverpool have reportedly opened the bidding for gareth barry with an offer of £10m

wouldn't have thought another midfielder is what the kopites are in need of

yeah like what an insulting bid to O'Neill. 10 mill for Barry? dream on . worth 15 mil at least.
wil prob go to Arsenal i hear, if he has the bottle to leave that shit club.

278d7e64a374de26f==